Princess Showerheads?

FLACRUISER99

Princess has those great shower heads but they fixed and are not hand showers. Has anyone brought their own shower head or found a way to get a hand shower in a balcony or outside cabin?

Okay...this is a new one. :)

I guess you could bring your own, but it would also mean bringing an adjustable wrench and some teflon tape.

Lew

Okay...this is a new one. :)

I guess you could bring your own, but it would also mean bringing an adjustable wrench and some teflon tape.

Lew

A Metric or SAE adjustable? Seriously I think Princess is the only line without a hand shower.

Princess has those great shower heads but they fixed and are not hand showers. Has anyone brought their own shower head or found a way to get a hand shower in a balcony or outside cabin?

You can request a hand held shower head from Princess via fax before your cruise. Just beware that it will not come with a holder so that you can use it 'hands free". It is just this long hose and shower head dangeling down all the time. It was more trouble than it was worth. We got one once when my daughter had a broken leg and couldn't get the cast wet.

A Metric or SAE adjustable? Seriously I think Princess is the only line without a hand shower.

If it were adjustable, I don't believe it would make a difference.

If you do bring your own, SiBreeze's comment about a holder for hands-free use is a good one. A quick check on Amazon shows some that would replace the shower head that's there with a handheld that have their own built-in bracket so they can also be used hands-free.

Lew

I first read this and thought it was a joke, but guess not. To my knowledge all Princess shower things are Grohe a very good and expensive marine faucet or shower. I know they are adjustable but never knew you could hold them by hand. My gosh I have trouble sometimes standing up in the bath tub let alone holding a shower thing.

But makes since Princess would have a conversion for medical reasons.

And I don't care if they are the only ships that don't have them, if they are the only ones. Think it is silly, here you are sailing across the ocean in a ship that provides you with every conceivable comfort imaginable and you take a shot at them for not providing a hand held shower. Wonder what the troops in ships did?

Think it is silly, here you are sailing across the ocean in a ship that provides you with every conceivable comfort imaginable and you take a shot at them for not providing a hand held shower.

Who's taking shots?

The OP prefers a hand held shower and simply asked a question. No need to put anyone down for asking a question.

Lew

...My gosh I have trouble sometimes standing up in the bath tub let alone holding a shower thing....

My thoughts exactly. In that tiny little showerI can barely manage to coordinate my limbs to all go in the neccessary directions to perfrom the essential functions, let alone hold on to and coordinate a handheld shower head.

Seriously, this is one thing we REALLY miss on Princess ships, especially in the tiny showers (much smaller than most of the other cruise lines BTW). Once you have one at home, you get used to them. In those small showers onboard, it makes shaving your legs much easier if you have a direct jet of water where you want it. ;)

My thoughts exactly. In that tiny little showerI can barely manage to coordinate my limbs to all go in the neccessary directions to perfrom the essential functions, let alone hold on to and coordinate a handheld shower head.

Which is exactly why a handheld shower head is much more desirable. I often have the same problem and with a handheld, you move the showerhead, not so much your arms and legs.

I'm glad OP asked the question because I've often wondered if there was a way to get a handheld.

And Gertz, I didn't see anyone taking a shot because of the showers. It was a good question, IMHO, not a shot.

The first question I aksked on CC, I asked about a hand held shower before my first cruise (with HAL). I was told they all have hand held showers. HAL has a very nice one, and I was lulled in a false sense of complacency. I booked a Princess cruise without asking.

It wasn't until I was looking at some peoples' photo journals, that I noticed the shower heads weren't connected with a hose. I am feeling that for two weeks I will not be feeling as fresh and clean as I would prefer. I might not have gone with Princess if I had known. There is a HAL cruise very similair to the Princess cruise and at the same price.

I can understand not being able to use my favorite three-ply, pillow-cushioned toilet paper, and I can understand that space limits the installation of a bidet; but the lack of a hand held shower is just plain barbaric.

The cruise line stresses the need for hygene in the battle against disease, but doesn't equip the shower with a hand held? Penny wise...

In the past, I have packed a plumbers wrench and teflon tape and a replacement showerhead whenever I traveled. But I understand the plumbing may not be similair to the land based hotel showers.

My planned solution is that I will bring with me a Coleman Camp Shower. What it is is a bag for water that can be hung (the higher the better) and a hose with a showerhead at the end. The hose is narrow, so there is a fair amount of water pressure created.

sign me,

Pretty and Clean, Not Just Pretty Clean.

The first question I aksked on CC, I asked about a hand held shower before my first cruise (with HAL). I was told they all have hand held showers. HAL has a very nice one, and I was lulled in a false sense of complacency. I booked a Princess cruise without asking.

It wasn't until I was looking at some peoples' photo journals, that I noticed the shower heads weren't connected with a hose. I am feeling that for two weeks I will not be feeling as fresh and clean as I would prefer. I might not have gone with Princess if I had known. There is a HAL cruise very similair to the Princess cruise and at the same price.

I can understand not being able to use my favorite three-ply, pillow-cushioned toilet paper, and I can understand that space limits the installation of a bidet; but the lack of a hand held shower is just plain barbaric.

The cruise line stresses the need for hygene in the battle against disease, but doesn't equip the shower with a hand held? Penny wise..

In the past, I have packed a plumbers wrench and teflon tape and a replacement showerhead whenever I traveled. But I understand the plumbing may not be similair to the land based hotel showers.

My planned solution is that I will bring with me a Coleman Camp Shower. What it is is a bag for water that can be hung (the higher the better) and a hose with a showerhead at the end. The hose is narrow, so there is a fair amount of water pressure created.

sign me,

Pretty and Clean, Not Just Pretty Clean.

OMG I can't believe this,you would not book a cruise because Of shower head JEZZZZ! Perhaps you should go to a differant cruise line.

Thanks for everyones input a few examples of showers on other lines.

A hand shower on RCl

CIMG0015.JPG?gl=US

On HAL

7597333184_68ea9e10be_z.jpg

This is essentially the shower head available in the accessible bathrooms on Princess.

OMG I can't believe this,you would not book a cruise because Of shower head JEZZZZ! Perhaps you should go to a differant cruise line.

I'm thinking that, too. Not so much for my personal hygene, but a consideration for the hygenics of my fellow passangers.

But, I already paid Princess. Everything is set. I'll make the best of it. I hope you don't worry too much about my piece of mind and the extent of my gem-phobia.

The higher end hotels all are recognizing the importance of the bathing experience. Multihead showers, bidets, heated floors and towel racks, soaking tubs, showers with a view, whirlpool, TV and iPod, telephone, the list goes on and on.

I don't think a decent shower is too much to ask for. Showering is not important to you? Fine. To me it is. And if I am presented with two comprable choices, one having superior bathing, guess which one I go with.

I'm not sure why I have to defend myself, but suffice it to say that your cavalier attitude to bathing is reason #12 that I avoid public hot-tubs.

I'm thinking that, too. Not so much for my personal hygene, but a consideration for the hygenics of my fellow passangers.

But, I already paid Princess. Everything is set. I'll make the best of it. I hope you don't worry too much about my piece of mind and the extent of my gem-phobia.

The higher end hotels all are recognizing the importance of the bathing experience. Multihead showers, bidets, heated floors and towel racks, soaking tubs, showers with a view, whirlpool, TV and iPod, telephone, the list goes on and on.

I don't think a decent shower is too much to ask for. Showering is not important to you? Fine. To me it is. And if I am presented with two comprable choices, one having superior bathing, guess which one I go with.

I'm not sure why I have to defend myself, but suffice it to say that your cavalier attitude to bathing is reason #12 that I avoid public hot-tubs.

You could always shower up at the Lotus Spa. The showers are much bigger and have hand-held heads. And I'm with you... I have a hand-held at home and miss it on the ship. But I make do...

Some of the suites have showers with removable shower heads... You could upgrade.

There is a picture of the PH Suite on the Ruby from a review by Bugsy (Chris) from his April sailing. It is on Post 3.

Archived