Soda questions

EBM

Is soda free anywhere on board? I have heard conflicting things from different people, i.e. that there is no free soda and that soda is free at the buffet.

Also, with the soda package, are there only soda stations by the pool or can you obtain it elsewhere?

I don't really drink soda but my bf likes to have a couple a day, so I want to make sure he is all set! Thanks in advance for all your help! :)

No free soda...

you get a cup and a sticker on your seapass..you can get soda pretty much anyplace(bars, WJ, Dining room, theatre) there are no self serve soda stations..unless you're on a ship with the new coke Freestyle machines...in which case you need your cup since that is what activates the machine...they are not on every ship yet, but will be by the end of 2013 i think

the only free drinks are juice (at breakfast) coffee, tea, iced tea, lemonade and on most ships, flavored water (usually in the buffet)

If you have the soda package, you can get it from the soda dispenser on the pool deck or from any bar, as well as with your meal in the MDR.

There is no free soda anywhere, though you can get some no additional charge drinks in the Windjammer (ice tea and lemonade, tea and coffee, I think).

Oops, I see the previous poster beat me to the punch (or the soda, as it were)

Haven't run across any free soda on any RCCL ship. I've always gotten the soda package and showed my card sticker to some of the waiters in the Windjammer in order to have a diet coke brought to the table. Same with the dining room.

With the soda package, you'll be able to get a soda at the bars as well and I've heard that some ships have self-serve stations...but I haven't had the pleasure of using one of those yet.

I'm going to jump in here, I've just book my first RCL cruise.... Can't wait. Do I need to carry my soda cup around with me, or can I be given a soda ina regular cup e.g. At the pool bar, in the pub etc.

I'm going to jump in here, I've just book my first RCL cruise.... Can't wait. Do I need to carry my soda cup around with me, or can I be given a soda ina regular cup e.g. At the pool bar, in the pub etc.

You can get soda by showing your SeaPass card, which will have a "sticker" on it.

If your bf only drinks the occasional soda, he can just purchase it by the can from any bar or dining venue or just use the ones stocked in the cabin. Cost is about $2.50 a can.

If your bf only drinks the occasional soda, he can just purchase it by the can from any bar or dining venue or just use the ones stocked in the cabin. Cost is about $2.50 a can.

Agreed. Unless he is going to drink 3 or more each and every day, per can is a better option. Also, at least on Allure, I thought that the fountain Coke tasted a bit off ... canned soda is definitely a more consistent product.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Limited (RCCL)

On RCCL: Per the Can vs. Fountain Soda Package(s): [FSP/FSPs]

Funds before 15% Tip $2.11=$1.95+$0.16 WAS $1.95 U.S.A. Funds Per the Can: Soda is $2.43=$2.11+$0.32 |$2.11×$1.15| WAS $2.25 & Room Fridge 15% Tip Included U.S.A. Funds

FSPs [incl. 15% Tip]:

[18+] Adult $6.50 WAS $6.00/Day U.S.A. Funds [17 & under] Child/Kids $4.50 WAS $4/Day U.S.A. Funds No Tax Added for FSP/FSPs: Purchased via RCCL’s website & Purchased @ sea in international waters

Tax Added for FSP/FSPs:

If purchased while @ port on day #1.

Included in the FSP is the following:

Thermos Cup(s) for the Soda, you get to KEEP For both Kids & Adults; a Coke sticker (Or Coke Brand) on your Sea-Pass card. If you purchase the fountain soda package(s) on the ship,

Or:

Thermos Cup(s) for the Soda, you get to KEEP For both Kids & Adults; As well the written Coca-Cola logo will be integrated into your Sea-Pass card in the lower left hand corner; The Thermos Cup(s) WILL be placed in your room ahead of time your Thermos(es) [insulated Mug(s)] will be placed in your Stateroom inside of a plastic sleeve(s) plus there will be a paper indicating how many people in your stateroom have pre-ordered the FSP/FSPs.

If you order the FSP via RCCL’s website after booking with them via Royal Caribbean's website the FSP price will be listed in Local Funds NOT per day BUT the total amount for the cruise.

The cruise line has a rule regarding the FSP:

You cannot share your Sea-Pass card with FSP with another person; but this rule is NOT enforced the majority of the time. There are two exceptions to this rule first being Minor’s [20-18] & second being Child’s [17 & under] FSP for more on this see FSP note [20 & under].

ALSO Of Need to Know:

Re: Ship Purchasing of FSP/FSPs

If you purchase the FSP on board ship a Coke sticker or Coke brand will be placed on your Sea-Pass card or your child's depending on who it is ordered for; as for the thermos cup(s) you will have to take you from the area they have set up for FSPs sales or they will give it to you after you sign the receipt for the FSP/FSPs.

Refill Machines for Public Use:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1235188&highlight=refill+machine

It’s my understanding that this will be made FLEET wide @ some point in time BUT they are starting on the smaller ships first, there is a Bar Code or a Chip in the Bottom of the thermos cup you get with the Soda Package the machine of course has to read the Bar Code or a Chip before it will work.

FSP Note Minor’s & Child’s [20 & under]:

There is a partial exception to the no sharing rule not being enforced with FSP it only comes in to play with any Minor’s [20 & under] FSP; Child & Minor Sea-Pass cards [20 & under] have one or two holes punched in them depending on the child’s age; one if they are under 21 the USA legal drinking age two if they are under 18. Due to this a parent may not be able to purchase the FSP/FSPs for their child/children and then use their child’s Sea-Pass card to order sodas for the whole family with said Sea-Pass card as your server may ask to see the whole Sea-Pass card.

FSP Pricing Adult [18+]:

$34.50 USA Funds for 5 Days $41.40 USA Funds for 6 Days

$48.30 USA Funds for 7 Days $55.20 USA Funds for 8 Days

$62.10 USA Funds for 9 Days $69.00 USA Funds for 10 Days

$75.90 USA Funds for 11 Days $82.80 USA Funds for 12 Days

$89.70 USA Funds for 13 Days $96.60 USA Funds for 14 Days

FSP Pricing Child [17 & under]:

$23.00 USA Funds for 5 Days $27.60 USA Funds for 6 Days

$32.20 USA Funds for 7 Days $36.80 USA Funds for 8 Days

$41.40 USA Funds for 9 Days $46.00 USA Funds for 10 Days

$50.60 USA Funds for 11 Days $55.20 USA Funds for 12 Days

$59.80 USA Funds for 13 Days $64.40 USA Funds for 14 Days

No offense Swath but I would have read your post if only the large bright red print wasn't burning into my eyes. Kinda' like when Santa saw Rudolph's nose for the first time but thanks anyway.

No offense Swath but I would have read your post if only the large bright red print wasn't burning into my eyes. Kinda' like when Santa saw Rudolph's nose for the first time but thanks anyway.

Sorry Got Carried Away with the Coke Theme

Working on Updating the File

Is this copied from the RCI website somewhere? If it is, they really need to update their information.

I put it to gether after going on afew cruises plus INFO from this borad have not updated it in a bit :(,

NEED to work on it :p

Any Current Info Is Welcome

I put it to gether after going on afew cruises plus INFO from this borad have not updated it in a bit :(,

NEED to work on it :p

Any Current Info Is Welcome

You might want to update the part about sharing a soda card. Besides being against RCI policy it is liable to start a soda card war around here.

You might want to update the part about sharing a soda card. Besides being against RCI policy it is liable to start a soda card war around here.

Yes I recall One of those wars

I put it in because it does happen or DID

Will work on it next week

I'm going on my first Carnival cruise 09/03/2012 and am looking forward to their soda package also including unlimited juices. RCCL should note this...............................

The week after this I am on Freedom for a week so it will be back just to soda's ! Poor show !!

I was on Majesty a few weeks ago and they have 2 of the freestyle machines. They're fantastic! You can get different kinds of powerade/powerade zero as well as the sodas. I loved being able to get caffeine free diet coke, and different flavors of sprite zero, plus lemonade and fruit punch--and then being able to mix everything. It was so worth the money for me.

I was on Majesty a few weeks ago and they have 2 of the freestyle machines. They're fantastic! You can get different kinds of powerade/powerade zero as well as the sodas. I loved being able to get caffeine free diet coke, and different flavors of sprite zero, plus lemonade and fruit punch--and then being able to mix everything. It was so worth the money for me.

I have been reading about these new freestyle machines. It is supposed to be on the Oasis before we sail in February. My youngest daughter doesn't like soda so I've never purchased the soda package for her. Can you please tell me what non-carbonated drinks are included in the freestyle machine so I can decide if it is worth it to get her a card on our next cruise (assuming Oasis gets the machine before we board!)

Thank you!

Most Freestyle machines are loaded with the following non-carbonated options)

• Minute Maid Lemonade (regular, cherry, orange, raspberry, strawberry, fruit punch)
  • Minute Maid [Lemonade] Lite (regular, cherry, orange, raspberry, strawberry, fruit punch)
  • Dasani [still water] (plain, lime, cherry, strawberry, grape, peach, orange, raspberry, lemon)
  • Powerade (fruit punch, raspberry, cherry, lemon, orange, lime, grape, strawberry)
  • Powerade Zero (fruit punch, raspberry, cherry, lemon, orange, lime, grape, strawberry)
  • Hi-C (cherry, orange, raspberry, strawberry, fruit punch, grape, raspberry lime, orange vanilla)

Most Freestyle machines are loaded with the following non-carbonated options)

• Minute Maid Lemonade (regular, cherry, orange, raspberry, strawberry, fruit punch)
  • Minute Maid [Lemonade] Lite (regular, cherry, orange, raspberry, strawberry, fruit punch)
  • Dasani [still water] (plain, lime, cherry, strawberry, grape, peach, orange, raspberry, lemon)
  • Powerade (fruit punch, raspberry, cherry, lemon, orange, lime, grape, strawberry)
  • Powerade Zero (fruit punch, raspberry, cherry, lemon, orange, lime, grape, strawberry)
  • Hi-C (cherry, orange, raspberry, strawberry, fruit punch, grape, raspberry lime, orange vanilla)

Thank you! My DD will be delighted!!

Archived