Tuxedo

Bristol

Not compulsory.

Here's the dress code info from the Celebrity website:

What are the onboard dress codes?

You will need three types of clothing on your Celebrity cruise: casual shipboard attire or day wear, conservative port wear, and eveningwear.

Daywear includes slacks or pants, blouses or shirts, knit tops or polo shirts. Bring a pair of sneakers or rubber-soled shoes for deck sports and a swimsuit cover-up for cool areas on the ship.

Port wear for women includes a casual dress, skirt and blouse, or pants outfit; for men, casual pants or walking shorts, and polo-type shirts. Comfortable walking shoes are a must.

Also, remember to bring extra bathing suits, as well as sun block, sun visors and other types of sun protection.

Cruise Length Smart Casual and Above Formal

4 Night 3 1

5 Night 4 1

6 Night 5 1

7 Night 5 2

8 Night 6 2

9 Night 7 2

10 Night 8 2

11 Night 9 2

12 Night 9 3

13 Night 10 3

14 Night 11 3

15 Night 12 3

16 Night 12 4

Examples of "Smart Casual & Above" attire include:

Ladies: Skirt or pants (no holes, rips or tears) complemented by sweater or blouse.

Gentlemen: Pants (no holes, rips or tears) with sports shirt or sweater. Shirts must have sleeves.

Examples of "Formal" attire include:

Ladies: Cocktail dress, gown, or dressy pantsuit.

Gentlemen: Tuxedo, suit, or dinner jacket with slacks.

Note: T-shirts, swimsuits, robes, bare feet, tank tops, baseball caps and pool wear are not allowed in the main restaurant or specialty restaurants at any time. Shorts and flip-flops are not allowed in the evening hours. As a courtesy to our guests, we respectfully require and enforce compliance with the dress code at the entrance of your restaurant of choice. We thank you, in advance, for your cooperation and understanding. Additionally, guests are asked to follow the "Smart Casual & Above" dress code in the Celebrity Theater for all evening performances.

Tuxedo is not necessary. A dark suit or a blazer with dress shirt is fine. My husband rents his tuxedo, as then we don't have to pack and carry his formal outfit. The Celebrity web site has this info if you'd like to check. Happy cruising!

Tuxedo is not necessary. A dark suit or a blazer with dress shirt is fine. My husband rents his tuxedo, as then we don't have to pack and carry his formal outfit. The Celebrity web site has this info if you'd like to check. Happy cruising!

how much was tuxedo rent? i really don't want to bring mine too... going through airport and everything, yuck..:confused:

how much was tuxedo rent? i really don't want to bring mine too... going through airport and everything, yuck..:confused:

You can get all the options and prices at cruiseline formalwear. I rent just the jacket and pants for $65 plus tax. I bring my own shoes, shirts, studs, etc..

Newsier, Orator, thank you so much, great info! I think I am going to do it, this totally solves my problem. I was going to go get traditional rental in town, but they charge by days, sucks. this is much better.

Newsier, Orator, thank you so much, great info! I think I am going to do it, this totally solves my problem. I was going to go get traditional rental in town, but they charge by days, sucks. this is much better.

The tux will be delivered to your cabin. Be sure to try it on so that adjustments can be made if necessay.

The first time I read this post I thought you were brave - expecting the enslaught of comments re formal v non formal. I am pleased to see that that hasn't happened here !

Re the Tuxedo ------- hubby and I do NOT do formal at all - we just don't do dressy ------------

Then we went on P&O's Oceana and had to - loved every minute and now just love dressing up for the odd evening ! It isn't that bad and my normally casual (I love my jeans) husband loves to wear the, what we call, James Bond, gear . I am one of those ' I don't do hair, make up or posh gear' ladies and still love it.

Re Celebrity - what we found last year on our first cruise -

You can get away with just a suit and tie, but the tuxedo makes it very special ------------- especially for us ladies who think all men look so 'wonderful' in the full gear !!!

Seriously, suit and tie or tuxedo will be great - just enjoy yourself and have a great cruise ..

:)

Dark was removed from the description of a suit by Celebrity a couple of years ago. Any color suit is fine...

If you do decide to pack your suit or tuxedo, just toss it in your suitcase. As soon as you get on board give it to the room attendant for dry cleaning. For about $7 you get it back cleaned and pressed. No need to worry about carefully packing it and dont have to pay $100 for the rental.

If you do decide to pack your suit or tuxedo, just toss it in your suitcase. As soon as you get on board give it to the room attendant for dry cleaning. For about $7 you get it back cleaned and pressed. No need to worry about carefully packing it and dont have to pay $100 for the rental.

If you do this be sure to use Express Service. The first formal night is usually on the evening of the first sea day and that's typically the day after you board. If you use Regular Service your Tux may not be delivered in time.

I purchased my tux several years ago from a rental company it was 99.00 and cost about the same as a 12 day rental. It does not wrinkle at all and a different cummerbund or shirt gives it a different look.

That said I am a bit older now and prefer to relax and just wear a nice shirt and pants and use a jacket provided by Celebrity for free, amazing how they always have a jacket my size!

I purchased my tux several years ago from a rental company it was 99.00 and cost about the same as a 12 day rental. It does not wrinkle at all and a different cummerbund or shirt gives it a different look.

That said I am a bit older now and prefer to relax and just wear a nice shirt and pants and use a jacket provided by Celebrity for free, amazing how they always have a jacket my size![/

Really, how many times has this happened?

Archived