New policy in blu

Orator

I realize there are MANY pages where Blu is listed, but the BLU Main Page has the new policy under "insider tips" near the bottom of the page.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/level3Type1.do?pagename=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes_blu&parentpage=onboard_celebrity_restaurants_cafes

Not a change in the page always written that way.

Sent from Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Which may also mean more children. I have AQ booked for a Transatlantic next year but may call Celebrity and switch to a regular balcony cabin. I don't hate children but like to be around as few as possible on my vacations. Since I cruise solo and pay 200% to do so, I don't know if I want to pay the hundreds of dollars extra for Blu to run into a possible problem with crowding and having to wait for a table, OR having to deal with too many children. Although as I type this I'm thinking there probably wouldn't be too many children on a 15 day Transatlantic. But then again, those that are on it would probably be infants or toddlers....which is even worse..to me anyway :D

Following is cited from Celebrity's website...

Specialty Dining

Guests dining in the following Specialty Restaurants must be at least 12 years old: Murano, SS United States, RMS Olympic, Ocean Liners, SS Normandie. Also, children of any age that are booked in AquaClass staterooms are welcome to dine in Blu with an adult. Additionally, onboard our Solstice Class ships, children that are booked in suites that are at least 12 years old will be accommodated in Blu when dining with an adult, based on availability only.

I've seen this restriction enforced--routinely--in Blu at dinner [but not necessarily at breakfast]...

Since all AquaClass cabins are limited to two in terms of occupancy [with occasional flex for an infant sleeping in a Pack & Play], you won't find a whole lot of younger children--it does happen--staying in AquaClass/dining in Blu in any case...

Earlier this week, there was a thread on this board that addressed the same issue...

I sail AquaClass--also as a solo--often and don't think that this policy change will materially--if at all--impact the number of children dining in Blu...

After reading this thread, I'm glad I now cruise on Oceania, where there is no charge for specialty restaurants.

I was an avid Celebrity cruiser (I'm on the Connie in January and I'm not saying I wouldn't go back on Celebrity ever again), but I got real tired of all the nickel and diming.

Oceania has a "true cruising experience" the way it should be.

After reading this thread, I'm glad I now cruise on Oceania, where there is no charge for specialty restaurants.

I was an avid Celebrity cruiser (I'm on the Connie in January and I'm not saying I wouldn't go back on Celebrity ever again), but I got real tired of all the nickel and diming.

Oceania has a "true cruising experience" the way it should be.

Hi Cathy, I am sure you pay the price for that experience too.

Insider Tips

• Exclusively for AquaClass guests
  • Dinner menu changes daily
  • Open seating
  • Suite guests welcome upon availability
  • Don't miss the table side muesli and delicious smoothies
  • Blu features open seating and reservations are not required. Since Blu offers flexible dining between 6 PM and 9:30 PM every evening, you're free to dine at the time of your choice during those hours.

I love concise wording:

"Exclusive" to me has always meant no one else admitted...

but at Celebrity "Exclusively" means something quite different.

I love concise wording:

"Exclusive" to me has always meant no one else admitted...

but at Celebrity "Exclusively" means something quite different.

Hi Arno:)....and that is why they have the additional wording....

suite passengers are allowed as well...I know someone is going

to flame me now:rolleyes: and say "for the price we paid for the suite we

should be able to eat there"

You bring to mind an incident that happened when we were in Aqua Class on the Silhouette. One evening while we were waiting (only a minute) to be seated in Blu a couple came up to the Maitre d and asked for a table. The Maitre d told them that since they were not in Aqua Class there was no room. The man got very angry (and loud) and said something like "we are in the most expensive suite...are paying $1000 a day and want to dine in Blu. The Maitre D responded that he would be happy to accomodate them in Blu on another evening and they should call ahead to make sure there was room. We never saw that couple again so do not know if they ever did return to Blu.

For the price you pay for a suite you certainly should get the extra space and services for which suite passengers are entitled. That does include dining in Blu on a space available basis! No space....no dine!

Hank

Hi Lois:

No flaming you of course, I posted earlier that Blu as a healthier dining experience to go along with the other amenities of AQ. It was never set up as something based upon how much you spend for your cruise or if you were in another category. It is not your normal Specialty restaurant.

Hi Lois:

No flaming you of course, I posted earlier that Blu as a healthier dining experience to go along with the other amenities of AQ. It was never set up as something based upon how much you spend for your cruise or if you were in another category. It is not your normal Specialty restaurant.

Hi Don:)....I know;)...maybe that line in my post was uncalled for.....

sometimes you just never know how others will respond though.

But I realize it was set up for Aqua Class.

Am I able to eat in Blu on the first night and then advise the Maitre'd that hubby and I will be dining in Blu every night (except for specialty dining nights) in Blu?

Judy

Depends on availability but I would speak to the Maitre'd. They are extremely accomodating in Blu and will do everything you can to make you happy. They may suggest a good time to come to dinner when its not crowded.

Depends on availability but I would speak to the Maitre'd. They are extremely accomodating in Blu and will do everything you can to make you happy. They may suggest a good time to come to dinner when its not crowded.

Many thanks Don.

You are always so kind to reply to people's questions.

Just 16 weeks to go!

Judy :)

Last autumn the Maitre'd told us that only 6 couples from Aqua were not eating in Blu, it was pretty busy, usually between 7.30pm and 8.30pm. We have had 6 cruises on Eclipse, all in Aqua, and have seen Blu from being quiet, to extremely busy. We would book a suite if dining in Blu was guaranteed, so for the present we book Aqua to be certain of a table.

Richard

I was on the Solstice just a few weeks ago in the CS. We had no trouble getting a table at Blu. We expected to pay the $5 per person and were surprised when we never got the bill. Our butler later explained that it was no charge for suite guests. We only ate there a few times over the 12 night cruise. It was lovely but I feel there are some better options on the ship.

My fiance and I are honeymooning on Summit the end of August and staying in a Royal Suite. When I spoke with the concierge on the phone yesterday, I asked him about Blu. He said that there is no charge, but that they have gotten reports from guests of a $5 fee on certain ships. He also said just ask your Butler to make reservations for you upon embarkation and if they can accommodate you, they will.

I will report back after my cruise! :)

Hi Lois-

No flaming here....I love AQ and was very lucky on our last cruise to get an upgrade to a suite. We inquired each afternoon about what time we might be able to go to Blu and they accommodated us nearly every time, but I KNOW it's for Aqua guests, and considered myself lucky that we were able to dine there.... We happily paid the $10.00 for the two of us and frankly if we were lucky enough to get an upgrade again we'll pay it still regardless of whether it is manadatory...it's a tip to the great servers there and I see nothing wrong with it....I DID pay a bit extra for the suite we were in but in no way did I think that "ENTITLED" me to Blu, which is why we asked each day what time would be convenient. Blu is part of AQ and why anyone else thinks they should automatically be allowed in because they "paid more for their stateroom" is beyond me....everything is NOT about money....despite what some think.....:)

DW and I were on-board Solstice in early June, in a Royal Suite, for our Honeymoon and this was the policy as well. We contacted the Blu Maitre D' and he was more than accommodating to our request to dine in Blu several nights. The only restriction he had was between 7-7:30pm, so I I am guessing that is when they had a lot of AQ guests coming in for dinner. We were never charged the $5.00 pp fee.

My fiance and I are honeymooning on Summit the end of August and staying in a Royal Suite. When I spoke with the concierge on the phone yesterday, I asked him about Blu. He said that there is no charge, but that they have gotten reports from guests of a $5 fee on certain ships. He also said just ask your Butler to make reservations for you upon embarkation and if they can accommodate you, they will.

I will report back after my cruise! :)

Am I under the assumption that policies differ from ship to ship? Someone please explain why since I will be on the Summit this year and then the Equinox next year. I expect to have some consistency from one Celebrity cruise to the next and it doesn't appear to be that way.

Archived