Vision of the Seas Review - the Good, the Great and things we missed - 7/7/12 Cruise

kccrzr

Thanks for the info. Do you have any pictures of your cabin, first jr suite for me and am curious of how they look!!

Hi, finally had a chance to check our photos. Unfortunately, my husband who feels about his camera like Charlton Heston felt about his guns, took only a single picture in the cabin - and that was of a towel elephant of all things! No pictures of the beautiful balcony at all. Next time I am wresting that camera out of his hands.

Hi, finally had a chance to check our photos. Unfortunately, my husband who feels about his camera like Charlton Heston felt about his guns, took only a single picture in the cabin - and that was of a towel elephant of all things! No pictures of the beautiful balcony at all. Next time I am wresting that camera out of his hands.

Thanks for checking on the pictures!!! I do have another question, what do they leave in the bathroom for soaps and shampoos etc, never been in a suite before. Thanks!!

As others have said, it is good to hear about the Vision! We are on the cruise which embarks in Copenhagen on 9/14.

Can you tell me more about the nightly Diamond event in the Viking Crown lounge? Was it held in a specific area that was roped off? Were the drinks free or discounted?

How was the Captain's party? Was that on day 2 and what lounge was it held in? Were formal nights very dressy or did it appear more relaxed?

Like you, we only will have one sea day and very port intensive. I anticipate the same activities that you mentioned will be part of our cruise.

I appreciate all your comments. Thank you.

smmountaingal: The nightly Diamond Event was held in the Viking Crown Lounge - it was a great location to view sail-away, the scenery and the happenings on the pool deck. One evening it rained and we watched one of the very bored pool bar bartenders juggling some glasses. The area is not roped off but there is a sign and it is held off to one side of the elevator core - leaving the other side for non-Diamond cruisers. Wine was free. Mixed drinks were 25% off.

The Welcome Back Party was at the beginning of the cruise but I can't recall exactly which night as we did not attend. We did go to the "Top Tier" event towards the end of the cruise and enjoyed that (even thought the Captain did not attend). The appetizers were very good.

Formal nights were a bit more dressy than on a Caribbean cruise but we still saw the gamut from dockers to tuxedos.

Hope you have a great time on your cruise.

smmountaingal: The nightly Diamond Event was held in the Viking Crown Lounge - it was a great location to view sail-away, the scenery and the happenings on the pool deck. One evening it rained and we watched one of the very bored pool bar bartenders juggling some glasses. The area is not roped off but there is a sign and it is held off to one side of the elevator core - leaving the other side for non-Diamond cruisers. Wine was free. Mixed drinks were 25% off.

The Welcome Back Party was at the beginning of the cruise but I can't recall exactly which night as we did not attend. We did go to the "Top Tier" event towards the end of the cruise and enjoyed that (even thought the Captain did not attend). The appetizers were very good.

Formal nights were a bit more dressy than on a Caribbean cruise but we still saw the gamut from dockers to tuxedos.

Hope you have a great time on your cruise.

Thanks so much for all your information.

This was such a great and useful review - thank you! We are booked on the Vision for a 10-night cruise next February. Reviews for the Vision are few and far between. I was also concerned prior to booking about not having options for specialty restaurants and the Royal Promenade, but decided that all the window views and the smaller ports won out on our decision making. I'm so very much looking forward to trying the Vision and seeing new ports. And after all....no cruise is a bad cruise! Anytime I'm on a ship, it's a great cruise :)

Thanks so much!

Thanks for the detailed review and for responsing to the follow-up questions. I really appreciated the information. We're sailing on Vision for an 11-day in November and I'm soaking up all the info I can find!

Can you tell me more about the nightly Diamond event in the Viking Crown lounge? Was it held in a specific area that was roped off? Were the drinks free or discounted?

How was the Captain's party? Was that on day 2 and what lounge was it held in? Were formal nights very dressy or did it appear more relaxed?

Thank you for taking the time to do the review.

I was on a B2B July 14th and 21st and agree with your comments.

My favourite spot was the Crown Viking lounge every evening for the Diamond event. Also had Poppi the first week, the second week she was in the Schooner bar. Such a sweet person.

Those evenings were a delight with the panoramic views and really only a few Diamond members so always someone to talk to. Loved the sailaway from Stockholm. Loved the light evenings, sometimes still light at 11pm.

I enjoyed the smaller ship with only 2000 guests as always bumping into the same people. I travelled solo and met others also travelling solo.

I played a lot of trivia again with the same people.

I also used the Diamond breakfast room every day.

There were not enough CC members on board for an official M&G but each week we met informally outside the Windjammer after sailaway.

The first week the weather was dismal and we did have to miss St Petersberg due to high winds. The second week the weather was lovely.

I was not impressed with the welcome back party or the top tier party as I hated walking in with officers lined up each side greeting guests. Too many "welcome backs" where a smile would have sufficed. JMHO.

The second week I gave it a miss.

I really enjoyed visiting the ports I had not been to before. Did tours in Gydnia, Stockholm, Visby, St Petersberg and Riga. I had been to St Petersberg before and one of my sons lives in Helsinki.

Glad to hear I have been able to provide some useful information, especially since I've gotten so much valuable information in the past from others at CC.

Hearing about everyone else's past and future cruise plans on Vision makes me realize how much more I have to look forward to - have never been on a B2B or to Panama Canal.

smmoungtaingal: I just realized I didn't answer your question about where the welcome back party was held - Some Enchanted Evening lounge.

Maryann: I do understand what you mean about the Welcome Back party - it can be a bit like walking the gauntlet on some cruises.

When we were on Grandeur the cigar bar was in the library evenings between 7 and midnight. Was hoping you could give me some current information on the cigar bar location and times. The times may not be the same on our Panama Canal sailing, but just haven't been able to find any current information. Even talked to the PCC at RCCL and he said it was a shipboard management decision.

So if you could help me out I would appreciate it.

Thanks

Hi, great review, we are sailing on her 9/14, did you notice if Sushi was available in the windjammer in the evenings?

We only ate dinner in WJ one time but DD had sushi and enjoyed it. She said the sushi was not as varied as on the Voyager but what they had was good quality. We also had some good dumplings from the WJ one afternoon.

When we were on Grandeur the cigar bar was in the library evenings between 7 and midnight. Was hoping you could give me some current information on the cigar bar location and times. The times may not be the same on our Panama Canal sailing, but just haven't been able to find any current information. Even talked to the PCC at RCCL and he said it was a shipboard management decision.

So if you could help me out I would appreciate it.

Thanks

roboref: The Cigar Bar was held in the Library on Deck 7 but did not begin until 9:00 pm. No set closing time - the Compass just states "9:00pm - late"

Great revue, thank you so much. Good to hear that Vision is in good shape, and that you enjoyed the MDR for Diamond breakfast, and the nightly Diamond Event in the VCL.

We will be on Vision for the Transatlantic in a few weeks and have cabin 8092. I know its a great cabin as I have had the same one on her sister Rhapsody. Thanks again. I can't wait to sail. :)

Great revue, thank you so much. Good to hear that Vision is in good shape, and that you enjoyed the MDR for Diamond breakfast, and the nightly Diamond Event in the VCL.

We will be on Vision for the Transatlantic in a few weeks and have cabin 8092. I know its a great cabin as I have had the same one on her sister Rhapsody. Thanks again. I can't wait to sail. :)

What a great stateroom/balcony to have for all those sea days. Will be very interested to hear about your transatlantic if you have time to post when you return.

Archived