Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

Wonder if only so many per cruise are sold....hmmm might be a nice present for my friends could include it with Christmas stuff. Ooooooo I can make cool certificates!!!!

Now to fund a way for one person not to find out hhmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

I bought it this morning for our Liberty cruise in November. We cruise several different lines, so although this will be our 10th cruise, it's not our 10th on Carnival. For me, just being able to enjoy our aft wrap that much sooner is worth every penny! (We board between 8:00 - 9:00 a.m.)

Here's what we get:

CARNIVAL’S FASTER TO THE FUN PACKAGE:

BOOK IT TODAY TO JUMPSTART THE FUN

Here’s what it includes:

Priority Security, Check-in and Express Boarding

Bypass lines & have exclusive security screening lanes. If you arrive after general boarding has begun, you may bypass the General Boarding line & board via the Faster to the Fun lane. The quicker you are on the ship, the quicker you get to hold a frosty drink.

First Access to Stateroom

Your stateroom will be ready for you as soon as you board so you can relax or freshen up for all the fun you are about to have.

Express Luggage

Your luggage will be expedited to your stateroom so you can unpack and don your cruise attire first!

Guest Services

Quickly have any of your questions answered or requests addressed as you will have a dedicated phone & line at Guest Services.

Dining Reservations

Priority Main Dining Room and Specialty Restaurant reservations.

Tender Priority

You will have priority tender from ship to shore (multiple departure times may be possible) so you can explore ashore as quickly as you want to.

Debarkation Choices

We are always sad to see you go. But when your cruise is over, you may choose an early or late disembarkation time upon arrival to your homeport.

One of the perks is letting you board between 8 & 9? We just got off Liberty and on embarkation day there were still people getting off the ship at 11 :eek: We got there around 10:15 and were in group 1...first on the ship after the weddings :D

The only perk that I see could be worth the $$ is the priority tendering. Carnival's tendering process was an absolute nightmare - especially in Belize :rolleyes: If you have an outside excursion booked you might want to pay to be sure you get off the ship in time.

As far as luggage, we had ours in our room by about 2 pm - we were all unpacked and settled before muster. This is the fastest I've ever seen :D

I thought you meant a faster way to get to Diamond, like RCL does .. double loyalty points if you purchase .. whatever .. higher category etc.

big yawn to me too ..so I cant get there faster, but I can pay for it meanwhile. Oh jumping for joy here.

Either of two things can happen:

1. People will love this and pay for it, so that there are so many people in the VIP lines that the regular lines will be faster.

2. Nobody will pay for this and Carnival will cancel the program due to lack of interest (like they did with the Fun Farewell party).

On a personal note, even though we get prioroity embarkation due to my sons' disabilities, I am seriously considering this now that I find it is a charge per cabin, not per person. There are 4 of us and with the early cabin access, this would be a very big plus for us. Seriously, whenever we make it to our cabin without losing some one or some thing on embarkation, I am overjoyed. This early access could be a lifesaver for our family.

We knew it was only a matter of time before they did this. This was predicted to happen when the VIFP plan was leaked! A new revenue stream for CCL.

"It didn't say anything about early tenders or early debarkation ......it said early embarkation and early luggage delivery and access to VIP at Guest Services for $50

actually as a Diamond guest....... it irks me that they would make these perks available to anyone who PAYS........when I had to sail over 200 days to get them

Barb"

Actually in the 2nd paragraph it includes tender priority & choice of early or late debarkation. Only on two ships - Imagination & Liberty

MY BAD........I was too busy being pissed off that they are giving away perks I had to pay and sail over 200 nights to get!!!

This is my message to CCL..I am sure there are those who will love this, but for me , it does away with the loyalty program...Just my opinion...

Boy Carnival. you are really blowing it on this one..We are finally almost at Platinum status , and now you let anyone pay $50 to get the same privileges I have worked for and earned, by taking your cruises..I am sorry , but this is a big mistake. This is slam to us loyal cruisers.. After all the baloney about the new (brilliant) loyalty program, what happened to loyalty ? If the whole ship buys this plan, how in the world will you VIP every guest at the same time ?

We are booked on three future cruises with you , and now I wish they were not Early saver, as I would cancel every one...We have cruised mostly Carnival, but this kind of thing is not happening on RCCL, so they will be my line of choice from now on, unless you scrap this ridiculous program. I am sure this will just pass between your ears, but I had to voice my opinion....Frustrated with Carnival BV

It appears, so far at least, that these are capacity controlled per sailing.

What the number is, I don't know.

I agree with Barb Atkins post about this really program diluting our hard earned benefits. I have seen nothing other than this post to believe it will be capacity controlled. From where did this information come?

Sounds interesting. Wonder how long the trial period will be. Hope they decide to try Dream next since that is our next cruise. I have only 1 more cruise after the Dream before platinum but this might be worth it for 1 cruise. Carnival appears to be trying some new inovative ideas. ;)

I actually like this idea. This is a great and obviously something that attracts new customers to get perks and lock them in the for the long run.

Not sure on priority boarding as I haven't seen anywhere that it states between 8-9am.. Anyone have a link to confirm this?

On what are you basing that? The article did not mention anything about that.

When you book the excursion, it says that there is limited availability. I booked this morning literally as soon as I heard about it on another website; at that point it said that 15 were available. I can't imagine that hundreds booked it ahead of me, so I'd say that the capacity is very low (20 - 25????)

Oh, brother. I can see it coming.....

Faster to the Fun: $49.95

Lido lounger: $20

Bathrobe: $20

Shower: $5/day

Good weather guarantee: $100

Gentle seas guarantee: $100

Etc........

... and many of the old Carnival cheerleaders used to speak poorly of NCL for their "nickel and diming". ;)

Tom

http://carnival-news.com/2012/08/07/new-faster-to-the-fun-program-being-piloted-on-two-carnival-ships/

Here's something new, if you want to pay a little more and don't have Platinum/Diamond status in VIFP.

GP

buying perks. go figure.

this just tosses the whole purpose of rewards out the window. what a further slap in the face!

One of the perks is letting you board between 8 & 9? We just got off Liberty and on embarkation day there were still people getting off the ship at 11 :eek: We got there around 10:15 and were in group 1...first on the ship after the weddings

It could be that, since this is booked as an excursion and a time has to be listed, they just used 8:00 - 9:00 for the sake of listing a time. Who knows...I'm just glad I get to board early and no standing in long lines! :D

That means that somebody will be kicked out early from their staterooms, the make them available for in-comming.:(

I'm selfish and like to enjoy a nice breakfast in the MDR then wait to be called for self-assist. My favorite thing to do before they drag me off the ship kicking and screaming like a crazy lady.

I wonder how some of those who felt that people in suites should not receive any extra (preferential) treatment solely as a function of paying more for their accommodations feel about the ability now to literally purchase them? !

Makes for some interesting talk, no doubt!

(Disclaimer: I always felt those in suite accommodations should receive a higher level of service)

Tom

I wonder how some of those who felt that people in suites should not receive any extra (preferential) treatment solely as a function of paying more for their accommodations feel about the ability now to literally purchase them? !

Makes for some interesting talk, no doubt!

(Disclaimer: I always felt those in suite accommodations should receive a higher level of service)

Tom

i agree.

yet the minions over "there" think everyone should be treated the same regardless of accommodations.

Archived