Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

So the folks that put in the time and loyalty to become Platinum basically get (limited) laundry for free now?

For a rather small fee, you too can be Platinum!

I find this a bit of a slap in the face to the Platinum and above guests.

I agree...we have been platinum for several years. Have i missed something,can we get into our cabins before 1:30???

It didn't say anything about early tenders or early debarkation ......it said early embarkation and early luggage delivery and access to VIP at Guest Services for $50

My bad (kinda) - it says "The pilot program will roll out on Carnival Imagination August 20 and Carnival Liberty August 25. Faster to the Fun includes early embarkation, early stateroom availability, express luggage delivery service to staterooms, priority dinner seatings and tender availability, and choice of early or late debarkation. The program enables guests to get their “Fun Ship” vacation started early and also includes express access to the ships’ guest services desk for any assistance guests may need during their voyage."

It says priority tender availability - not early; and choice of early or late debarkation. Mincing words but still basically the same thing.

Here's something new, if you want to pay a little more and don't have Platinum/Diamond status in VIFP.

Has anyone been able to book this? We're sailing on Imagination in 2013, and I can't find an Add to Cart button on the program.

Kevin C

Some clarification:

Per JH facebook page:

John Heald

I have seen your comments about the new faster To the Fun Program need to say thanks first of all for your comments so far. Some of you have asked about check in for Faster to the Fun during the testing period. VIFP guests will board first and still have access to the VIP lounge whereas Faster to the Fun guests will proceed to a check in station and not through the VIP Lounge - I think that’s very important to note. Also, please note that the Faster to the Fun is capacity controlled and will be strictly monitored and that the extra benefits that the Faster to the Fun guests pay for will be complimentary to Platinum and Diamond VIFP members, of course.

So, I need a favour please. Rather than post your comments all over the page can I ask that if you have questions and comments that you post them under this block here so that I can collate them and send them to the beards. Your loyalty remains important, it really does, and I will as always act as the messenger for you and be here to help and answer your questions. Thanks

More info seems to be making its way out. Too bad all the CORRECT info is not noted on the Carnival website so the program is clearly laid out.

That said, it is supposed to be capacity controlled depending on how many Platinum/Diamond customers on board.

Not sure how you can control that for cruise booked a long way out.

I think that the more cruises one has with Carnival, the more likely they are going to feel this is NOT a good idea. Those with fewer sailings, and thus really no perks, are MUCH more likely to buy in to this as a great opportunity.

Carnival never asked me how I felt...

I wonder if they only sent this survey to certain groups of people based on their cruise count... as they likely knew that those who had EARNED the perks would not, for the most part, feel positively about this!

Tom

I don't think they sent the survey to us Diamond guests...

Barb

You have to log into the Carnival website under your booking and buy it through the excursions tab for the port and day you're leaving on the cruise.

Hubby and I got it for the heck of it on our 12/8/12 Liberty sailing to see how it goes since it's only $50.

Don't think it will be any sooner than it is now. By "early" that just means "first" (or almost first). I don't think they are going to bend the rules to the point of having last weeks and next weeks guests on at the same time. There is NO WAY the cabin stewards will be able to have all those rooms (Platinum, Diamond, and Paid For) ready much before 11:30ish.

Actually, Tom, that will be the case with the new Terminal 6 at Port Canaveral. Current passengers and 'upcoming passengers' onboard at the same time. :eek: I'll just hope there is a sensible plan for both sets to remain separated, so as not to have real issues.

This is what the recent news release of the terminal stated:

Terminal 6 is Canaveral’s fourth major cruise facility. A key design feature is the ability to embark and disembark passengers simultaneously.

The two-way design will alleviate bottlenecks and should come in especially handy if a ship arrives late. ‘The design and flow are very easy,’ and ‘luggage handling will be very seamless.'

Tom, gonna send ya an e-mail in a moment. :)

I can understand how someone currently platinum feels about this. However, as one that is not close to platinum, I love this simply for the fact of priority tendering and access to the room.

If I were comparing two different lines for an upcoming cruise and all other things being close to equal..this benefit would swing towards picking Carnival every time.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Of course it was and is. The stewards have been making up the Platinum cabins first for years. You didn't know that? Guess who's laughing now. :D

I guess I am :D, not even close to Platinum and in our past cruises we have always gone straight to our cabin without any problems! :D

Actually, Tom, that will be the case with the new Terminal 6 at Port Canaveral. Current passengers and 'upcoming passengers' onboard at the same time. :eek: I'll just hope there is a sensible plan for both sets to remain separated, so as not to have real issues.

This is what the recent news release of the terminal stated:

Terminal 6 is Canaveral’s fourth major cruise facility. A key design feature is the ability to embark and disembark passengers simultaneously.

The two-way design will alleviate bottlenecks and should come in especially handy if a ship arrives late. ‘The design and flow are very easy,’ and ‘luggage handling will be very seamless.'

Tom, gonna send ya an e-mail in a moment. :)

I wonder if that means that they will corral all the departing guests to the main lounge or some similar place and lead them off from there while they are bringing the new guests on so that they don't mix. I can't see them allowing "co-mingling"! :D You'd have all sorts of pre-arranged "transfers" of bottles of alcohol otherwise! :D:D

Tom

Of course it was and is. The stewards have been making up the Platinum cabins first for years. You didn't know that? Guess who's laughing now. :D

Yes I knew that. But technically you were not suppose to go to the rooms until 1:00 ish. But yes I am still laughing at everyone posting on John's facebook page. It is just "brilliant" listening to all the kool-aid drinkers complain.

I strongly feel the priority service line on the ship should be JUST for Platinum and up. Please note...I am not there yet.

We got off the Freedom on Monday. We arrived around 9:30 a.m. - not a sole in line. No need for special line at that time period. They did hold folks prior to allowing them to board, but the wait was fairly short and everyone was on before noon, maybe 11 - 11:30 ish? I was not with my family as my Mother-in-law was having passport issues (another story) so, though I was totally checked in early, I was waiting with her in a holding area until her mess was cleared up sometime in the afternoon.

We hung around on the ship and didn't get off until we were ready since our hotel rooms in Ft. Lauderdale were not going to be read when we got there. No one seemed to care when we got off. It is not a necessary perk. Just do if it you need to.

i've never not gone straight to my room, at any level. even my first cruise.

If we board prior to the cabins being opened up, we typically will at least stop by and drop off our "stuff".

As of late, we have been arriving after 2 pm anyway!

Tom

Archived