Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

I wonder how some of those who felt that people in suites should not receive any extra (preferential) treatment solely as a function of paying more for their accommodations feel about the ability now to literally purchase them? !

Makes for some interesting talk, no doubt!

(Disclaimer: I always felt those in suite accommodations should receive a higher level of service)

Tom

How about those who bought suites for the extra and only perk of VIP boarding. They could have got the same thing for fifty bucks over the price of a regular cabin.

How about those who bought suites for the extra and only perk of VIP boarding. They could have got the same thing for fifty bucks over the price of a regular cabin.

That would seem a rather foolish expense - if VIP boarding was the ONLY REASON they purchased a suite.....

I feel slighted that I worked so long to become platinum and now anyone who wants it can just fork over 50 bucks and it's their's. Wonder what's next?

and technically, its only $25.00 a person when two are in a cabin.......

Hubby and I got it for the heck of it on our 12/8/12 Liberty sailing to see how it goes since it's only $50.

Thanks for your help.

I was going to do the same but I can't figure it out. I have the link to the 'excursion'. When I click it it sends me to my cruise manager page. I guess I am supposed to select a cruise, but I never can get the Add to Cart buttont hat is available on all of the other excursions.

Maybe it is sold out?

Kevin C

Maybe I should buy into this just to get the express luggage service!! For the last 4 cruises even though we were one of the first on the ship, most of our luggage didn't arrive until after dinner. (early seating) On one cruise, I was totally panicking as we didn't get our luggage until 7:30!!:eek: Thought I'd be wearing dh's clothes all week!:p:D

Hope this does not go over all that well. Too many people do this and will lose much of the benefit of platinum embarkation.

Express luggage delivery would be nice.

I agree. When I 1st saw this I thought it was a good idea but if hundreds of people get added to the priority embarkation, then we platinum folks are actually losing out. Unless they let Platinum go first then the upgrades follow us. I also like the idea of getting into the stateroom earlier. We usually carry on at least a small suitcase each and soda/water so being able to drop that off before we go to lido would be nice.

Thanks for your help.

I was going to do the same but I can't figure it out. I have the link to the 'excursion'. When I click it it sends me to my cruise manager page. I guess I am supposed to select a cruise, but I never can get the Add to Cart buttont hat is available on all of the other excursions.

Maybe it is sold out?

Kevin C

It's only available on two ships :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

Thanks for your help.

Maybe it is sold out?

Kevin C

- Click on the tab for Manage My Cruise

- When you're in your booking, click on the blue tab for My Activities

- Click on the oval button for Shop Activities on the right in the box

- Click on the blue link for Shore Excursions

- Under Port of Call, click on the port you're leaving from

- The Faster to the Fun option should pop up letting you add it to the cart

What if it's only 25 or 30 per ship!??? So basically 50/60 to 100/120 people and I would shoot for closer to the lower number.....it's not really going to hinder your experience. Unless you let it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

i would never pay 50$ for any of that.. i have never had to wait for then 45 mins the board ( not a problem for me ) by the time we wodnered the ship had some food and sat down our room were ready ( perfect sometimes even sooner ) and always had my bags in a timely fashion... and the debarkment is based on your post cruise plans.. ( flight, bus taxi drive ) sooo why would that matter...

none of that was what i was expecting the faster to fun program was,,,

I think this is great! I know alot of current VIPs are a little ticked off..however john H says that the people who buy these will board after the current VIPs but infront of regular passangers. I wish I could buy it for my upcoming cruise!

People who didnt earn it think its great.Our upcoming cruise I earned platinum status and to think that $50 would buy what took me 10 cruises to earn ticks me off

Well, I really wasn't that upset with the new VIFP program but now I am upset. How is it "capacity controlled"? JH said it will be based on how many Platinum/Diamond people are booked and then they will decide how many Faster to the Fun spots to open. Well, If it is available for purchase now how do they know how many Platinum/Diamond guests they have? So, Platinum and Diamond guest don't book last minute? This seems like a poorly thought out plan.

looks like even the traditional carnival defenders on the fb page have now thrown in the towel.

good going gerry! the final stabbeth.

It's quite funny actually, especially when one of the biggest defenders is using your analogy word for word in her complaint. Think it would have had more impact to the big buddha had she as least given you credit.

it's like having first row seats at a concert, and they move the stage back.

Archived