Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

Hope this does not go over all that well. Too many people do this and will lose much of the benefit of platinum embarkation.

Express luggage delivery would be nice.

+1

Agree with you again Stu.

Im betting many will do it and that kinda irks me as I have now EARNED it the old fashioned way.

I know they will spin it out as Plat and Diamond get other benefits not for sale. BUT Priority Embark, debark and GS desk were the ones I valued most. SOLD to bidder number $49.95!!!

It's quite funny actually, especially when one of the biggest defenders is using your analogy word for word in her complaint. Think it would have had more impact to the big buddha had she as least given you credit.

really? next people will be saying i am her. wish i knew who her was.

People who didnt earn it think its great.Our upcoming cruise I earned platinum status and to think that $50 would buy what took me 10 cruises to earn ticks me off

Hey you're saving fifty bucks.

I don't consider that I earned platinum it kind of just happened to me. I was only gold for 1 cruise after Carnival's new caste system debuted. I didn't know what Platinum was until a couple of months before our 10th Carnival cruise in 2007. I'm happy with any extras and really happy about having access to the rooms earlier.

I love the idea of staterooms being available as soon as you board, no need to cart carry on luggage/soda, etc around with you.

I love that also. I just don't understand how Princess can have rooms ready and Carnival can't. I love this new idea. I will gladly pay for this.

Dawn

It didn't say anything about early tenders or early debarkation ......it said early embarkation and early luggage delivery and access to VIP at Guest Services for $50

actually as a Diamond guest....... it irks me that they would make these perks available to anyone who PAYS........when I had to sail over 200 days to get them

Barb

I think this is great for those of us who can not afford to have a list of 200 days sailed

[quote name='bigd332']I think this is great for those of us who can not afford to have a list of 200 days sailed[/QUOTE]

But certainly you can understand how those of us that HAVE sailed over 200 nights feel like our loyalty means nothing and now ANYONE with $50 bucks can have all the same perks..... you wouldn't like it either if you had given a company over 26 years of loyalty

Barb

But certainly you can understand how those of us that HAVE sailed over 200 nights feel like our loyalty means nothing and now ANYONE with $50 bucks can have all the same perks..... you wouldn't like it either if you had given a company over 26 years of loyalty

Barb

We are just platinum our upcoming cruise and totally agree

What if they trimmed the benefits a bit, would that be more friendly to P/D people?

The only perks that really seem appealing to me are being able to get in my room sooner, so I don't have to drag around my carry on stuff, my luggage getting their faster and the tender priority(only b/c I'm doing Belize).

If I get there early enough I can get on board pretty fast, I can self debark if If I'm in a hurry, I don't mind waiting for guest services and I generally book early enough to get the dining I want.

This is from John Heald's FB page:

Just to add that the number of people who may purchase Faster to the Fun will be capacity controlled based upon the number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members booked for the sailing.

If a sailing has a significant number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members, then we won’t plan to sell many Faster to the Fun packages. Also, if there are very few Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members on a particular sailing, then we will be able to sell a few more Faster to the Fun packages.

The Gold, Platinum Diamond VIFP Club party is strictly for members only.

cheers

We'll see.

We are Platinum and not the least bit happy with the new program, but I am not going to post anything about it as it makes not one da-n bit of difference. Carnival is not going to have people boarding at 9am, no matter what the excursion page shows.

According to the posted BS by Carnival, Platinum and Diamond will get the same early embarkation and luggage delivery. I believe that selectively, and I do mean that, that some ships have allowed people to have access to their cabins by 11 and I do think that is going to happen. There is no way the stewards will be able to get cabins done by 8 or 9am. Well, I could rephrase that, if people were off the ship at 6AM (everyone) then perhaps it could be.

My question though is since it is based on how many Platinum and Diamond guests are going to be onboard, how would Carnival know today that there won't be enough of them so that they can allow people to buy in today for October or November? To me, it's just another crock that Carnival has come up with.

If a sailing has a significant number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members, then we won’t plan to sell many Faster to the Fun packages. Also, if there are very few Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members on a particular sailing, then we will be able to sell a few more Faster to the Fun packages.

And does he explain how that's gonna happen? Will the CSR's be provided with Magic 8 balls that will allow them to know in advance how many Platinum and Diamond VIFP's plan to book a particular sailing?

Barb

Thats not what it says at all, you still get to board before, you still get the VIP lounge, that others dont get, and laundry and all other perks ahead of those who purchase this.

I think its a great perk for those of us who havent cruised 200 days or cant afford to book that many cruises before the deadline. I will likely never be able to cruise 200 days, so this is an awesome option for me and others like me.

Barb

I think it is just a fair as milestone not being made diamond after they were promised they would. Gotta love it!!!!

Thats not what it says at all, you still get to board before, you still get the VIP lounge, that others dont get, and laundry and all other perks ahead of those who purchase this.

I think its a great perk for those of us who havent cruised 200 days or cant afford to book that many cruises before the deadline. I will likely never be able to cruise 200 days, so this is an awesome option for me and others like me.

So tell me WHY you think you should get VIP privileges if you can never cruise 200 days.....

I couldn't afford it either in a year or two. It took me YEARS to achieve the status that I am.......and that is my point....... why should you get to throw down $25.00 pp to get all the perks that it took me years to qualify for?

Money should NOT be able to buy loyalty perks.........

So tell me WHY you think you should get VIP privileges if you can never cruise 200 days.....

I couldn't afford it either in a year or two. It took me YEARS to achieve the status that I am.......and that is my point....... why should you get to throw down $25.00 pp to get all the perks that it took me years to qualify for?

Money should NOT be able to buy loyalty perks.........

Money can buy just about anything...including vip "like" status. I like it!

Barb

Not all the perks. The best one is still unlimited wash and fold. and the Captain's invitation. and the cocktail party. and the luggage tag and passport wallet. and the ship pin. and special recognition. and...

Archived