Faster to the Fun program announced today

GuitarPlayer

On what are you basing that? The article did not mention anything about that.

I know someone that is sailing on the Liberty. Purchased this program and only a handful of tickets were remaining at checkout.

These are purchased like the cabanas at HMC on the excursions page. It will say how many are still available.

Not feeling this too much. It takes away the exclusivity of being platinum or diamond, IMO. Plus it's a slap in the face to those who've paid by cruising and earning those perks.

I don't really see what the big deal is anyway. We were in group 2 for boarding and after having lunch our room was ready and bags were delivered....I realize it may not be like that on every cruise, but it's not worth the cost (to me). As another poster said - i'll just get to the port early if I need/want to.

My sister and I attended a concert recently and noticed the VIP line was about the same length, if not longer than GA.....really? What's the point of being VIP then? So you can sit and wait with 1,000 of your closest friends? This new program reminds me of that, lol.

I have to laugh at priority boarding. Twice now in Port Canaveral, we entered the building at the same time as VIPs. They went to the left to a small office like room. We went right to a large open area with hundreds of people in it. We went straight through and boarded the ship before the people that were VIP. There was only one person checking people in at the VIP area whereas there were what seemed like 20-30 in the regular area.

So the folks that put in the time and loyalty to become Platinum basically get (limited) laundry for free now?

For a rather small fee, you too can be Platinum!

I find this a bit of a slap in the face to the Platinum and above guests.

7 Night cruise + 2 Platiumn cruises = 6 bags of laundry.

What is "limited" about that???????????????

Typical CC...a black cloud in every silver lining.

and just what i want. to have earned a perk and be behind someone that didn't earn it, but paid for it.

nope!

Then there are other alternatives, like paying for concierge services on other lines. Same idea, always a way to make more revenue for the company and those (like me) are willing to pay for other services. I don't begrudge you your perks, and they are still perks, as you aren't paying for them. It's no different than paying first class in planes and trains.

I sure hope it does. People can complain all they like, but it's an option I'm willing to pay for.

I want to buy it for my friends :)

I doubt it will be an every cruise thing but it will be nice to try.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk ~ sign the awesome Gailerina!

Then there are other alternatives, like paying for concierge services on other lines. Same idea, always a way to make more revenue for the company and those (like me) are willing to pay for other services. I don't begrudge you your perks, and they are still perks, as you aren't paying for them. It's no different than paying first class in planes and trains.

it's like having first row seats at a concert, and they move the stage back.

other lines will be right.

It could be that, since this is booked as an excursion and a time has to be listed, they just used 8:00 - 9:00 for the sake of listing a time. Who knows...I'm just glad I get to board early and no standing in long lines! :D

So if they said you can board by 9:00 AM and supposedly all Diamond/Platinum guests are getting this perk automatically, does that mean that we all get to board at 9:00 AM as well.......or as soon as we get to Miami and checkin? and then we all get to go directly to our cabin........where very soon our bags will arrive????

EXCUSE ME if I just don't believe its going to happen like that...........How are the baggage folks gonna even know that about our bags......... and like another poster......how is the poor room steward gonna know to have our room ready first??

Oh, wait.....probably another one of those famous LISTS that room stewards get!!

you know......like the list of folks who remove their tips!!

So the folks that put in the time and loyalty to become Platinum basically get (limited) laundry for free now?

For a rather small fee, you too can be Platinum!

I find this a bit of a slap in the face to the Platinum and above guests.

I agree. Our next cruise will be number 10 and we will be platinum. This is irksome that now people can buy their way to platinum perks. I have been VIP before by purchasing a grand suite, but this is ridiculous.

I think they should have survey VIP's to see how they feel about the situation before they started this program.

I wonder how some of those who felt that people in suites should not receive any extra (preferential) treatment solely as a function of paying more for their accommodations feel about the ability now to literally purchase them? !

Makes for some interesting talk, no doubt!

(Disclaimer: I always felt those in suite accommodations should receive a higher level of service)

Tom

I remember when I booked my first cruise on the Tropicale - suites had butler service.

On NCL they still do - butler & concierge - but you pay A LOT more for it.

So let me see if I understand...Carnival makes it harder to become platinum and takes away perks because there's just too many of them. Now they're selling platinum perks? Brilliant Carnival, just Brilliant. Another way to screw over your loyal customers

I think they should have survey VIP's to see how they feel about the situation before they started this program.

Given the response here about the entire VIFP program, it was well known the feelings of those with Platinum/Diamond status.

Again, I can purchase first class on ships, planes, trains (even some bus companies), to me this isn't any different. And yes, I enjoy the things I have received free in life.

7 Night cruise + 2 Platiumn cruises = 6 bags of laundry.

What is "limited" about that???????????????

Typical CC...a black cloud in every silver lining.

lim·it·ed (lm-td)

adj.

1. Confined or restricted within certain limits

I say just Brilliant. All of you who thought it was so good that the Milestone cruisers were lied to and not put in the Diamond status - well all I can say I am just laughing my b....te off.

All of you who thought it was fair for solo cruisers to be charged 200% for their cabin, port charges and now their deposit - well all I can say I am just laughing my a.... off.

Why are you complaining? After all it is just a few little things everyone is able to purchase now. Carnival is just trying to make a profit for their shareholders. Blah Blah Blah

Sure does make a "big" difference when it directly effects you doesn't it.

HeHeHeHe

So if they said you can board by 9:00 AM and supposedly all Diamond/Platinum guests are getting this perk automatically, does that mean that we all get to board at 9:00 AM as well.......or as soon as we get to Miami and checkin? and then we all get to go directly to our cabin........where very soon our bags will arrive????

EXCUSE ME if I just don't believe its going to happen like that...........How are the baggage folks gonna even know that about our bags......... and like another poster......how is the poor room steward gonna know to have our room ready first??

Oh, wait.....probably another one of those famous LISTS that room stewards get!!

you know......like the list of folks who remove their tips!!

You're taking the time listed too literally

Guest LoveMyBoxer
On NCL they still do - butler & concierge - but you pay A LOT more for it.

Actually we are paying less for a 2-bedroom Haven suite on the Jewel than we did for an aft-wrap on the Miracle!

Archived