New menu

Clamett

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the new menu. However, it seems that there is nothing too impressive on the new menu. It's kinda depressing that RCI isn't doing much to improve the dining experience unless you pay for the specialty restaurants. The last Voyager cruise I took about a year ago left me without a single favorable MDR dinner memory but the Carnival Magic cruise (1st ever) I took last Feb had good food in the MDR every night. And I could get Eggs Benedict for breakfast every day not only twice per cruise. Come on RCI, I've taken a lot of cruises with you but the food is going down, down, down. Let's amp it up. Please!!!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post the new menu. However, it seems that there is nothing too impressive on the new menu. It's kinda depressing that RCI isn't doing much to improve the dining experience unless you pay for the specialty restaurants. The last Voyager cruise I took about a year ago left me without a single favorable MDR dinner memory but the Carnival Magic cruise (1st ever) I took last Feb had good food in the MDR every night. And I could get Eggs Benedict for breakfast every day not only twice per cruise. Come on RCI, I've taken a lot of cruises with you but the food is going down, down, down. Let's amp it up. Please!!!

I didn't see anything about only twice per cruise. Did I miss a post?

Thanks very much for all your effort and time, I know we all appreciate it. Perhaps the Vidalia Onion Tart will be on longer cruises, altho I know most would like it the first night as always. I hope they have kept the Savoury Bites inthe bread basket.

The chef said figuring out how many to make of what is going to be a leaning process. For example they made 900 articoke tarts but only 300 were ordered.

Made 900 and only used 300? My guess is you would see 600 artichoke tarts in the Windjammer the following day.

My DW took a pasta making class while onboard. The chef said figuring out how many to make of what is going to be a leaning process. For example they made 900 articoke tarts but only 300 were ordered. I like the new menu and the new format it comes in. I took no pics of the menus or the food.

Artichoke is not a popular item in many restaurants so I don't know why they would put that in place of the Onion Tart. Do you think the Execs read the CC boards? I know I would.

Made 900 and only used 300? My guess is you would see 600 artichoke tarts in the Windjammer the following day.

OR......

"Hey honey look at those sea turtles!!!!"

"Put your glasses on. They are not sea turtles they are artichoke tarts!!!"

Perhaps I misunderstood but after reading all the postings by folks on all the threads about new menus and the fact that they brought in special staff and chefs and that the MDR staff was aphrenshive .... it sounded like some big food changes beside the presentation of the paper menus.. :rolleyes:

Agree..

I didn't see anything about only twice per cruise. Did I miss a post?

The last RCI cruise I was on about a year ago on the Voyager they only had the eggs benedict on Tues and Thurs morning even though I was sitting in the Diamond section (thought there was supposed to be special perks there). They said that it was too labor intensive and not going to be available every day from then on.

I guess RCCL is really trying to push people to pay up at specialty restaurants.

Right, because they have enough specialty dining options on any given ship to handle 3000+ people LOL! :o

It wouldnt matter what they do to the menu. Some will not be happy about it and will make a fuss no matter what.

I could find plenty to make me happy on the "old" menu and will find plenty to make me happy on the new. Im excited about the changes myself.

The last RCI cruise I was on about a year ago on the Voyager they only had the eggs benedict on Tues and Thurs morning even though I was sitting in the Diamond section (thought there was supposed to be special perks there). They said that it was too labor intensive and not going to be available every day from then on.

Been many reports here of being able to get eggs benedict every day in the MDR during breakfast :) its not on the menu anymore but they will get it for you if you only ask for it.

Right, because they have enough specialty dining options on any given ship to handle 3000+ people LOL! :o

It wouldnt matter what they do to the menu. Some will not be happy about it and will make a fuss no matter what.

I could find plenty to make me happy on the "old" menu and will find plenty to make me happy on the new. Im excited about the changes myself.

good for you. I think everyone is entitled to an opinion including myself.

Also as an experienced cruiser as yourself, you're selling yourself short if you don't think the MDR food in general has declined while the prices in general have increased.

Edited by ericle37

Also as an experienced cruiser as yourself, you're selling yourself short if you don't think the MDR food in general has declined while the prices in general have increased.

You wouldn't want to try the new menu before criticizing it would you? Just sayin...:rolleyes:

You wouldn't want to try the new menu before criticizing it would you? Just sayin...:rolleyes:

Hey i guess. Why do we even have a thread on it?

let's just dead the topic now so nobody else get's their feathers ruffled or better yet let me just give a PC response.

-------

The new menu doesn't excite me much but I haven't tried it yet so I cannot pass any type of judgement yet. I will hold my opinion and find this post within the next 2 years and post a response then.

Edited by ericle37

Im not really an "experienced" cruiser though. The menu and quality of food has been the same since Ive been cruising RCI and Im happy with it :)

From what I understand, the prices havent increased much at all since the "good old days" of five course meals and fine dining in the MDR but the ships have gotten much bigger and much better.

I seen prices once posted here from the good old days on a Viking Serenade cruise for an inside cabin that was 200.00 per person more than what I just paid for a Promenade cabin on Freedom.

I dont expect "fine dining" in a dining room that serves 4000 people a night. I will take the better ships and "subpar" MDR food myself. :) Im pretty easy to please though.

Im not really an "experienced" cruiser though. The menu and quality of food has been the same since Ive been cruising RCI and Im happy with it :)

From what I understand, the prices havent increased much at all since the "good old days" of five course meals and fine dining in the MDR but the ships have gotten much bigger and much better.

I seen prices once posted here from the good old days on a Viking Serenade cruise for an inside cabin that was 200.00 per person more than what I just paid for a Promenade cabin on Freedom.

I dont expect "fine dining" in a dining room that serves 4000 people a night. I will take the better ships and "subpar" MDR food myself. :) Im pretty easy to please though.

The good old Viking Serenade. That was our first cruise. There were 5 of us in an inside cabin. Wife and I on the top bunks, two younger kids on the lower bunks so they did not fall, baby in crib between the beds. The bathroom on our last cruise was bigger than the whole cabin on the Viking Serenade :-)

I have really had no complaints about the menus overall. If I really wanted amazing food I would not go somewhere where they had to serve a couple of thousand people in a matter of 40 mins to an hour. For what they have to do they do an excellent job. Out of all of the items on the menu I usually find one or two things I really like, the majority are so-so and the remainder I stay clear of. That is no different from being in a high class restaurant on land.

Well after reading through the new menus, I can see that my husband is going to love them, and I am going to be hungry. I am allergic to fish with the exception of salmon with cod being my most allergic. I used to have plain grilled salmon at least twice each cruise - now it is done in a manner that I will not like. I also cannot eat cheese or cream sauces so there go a bunch of other stuff. I am glad to see the shrimp cocktail each night so that is a plus. Looks like it will be the alternate menu chicken for me on several nights. :(

Thanks very much for all your effort and time, I know we all appreciate it. Perhaps the Vidalia Onion Tart will be on longer cruises, altho I know most would like it the first night as always. I hope they have kept the Savoury Bites inthe bread basket.

Perhaps since there has been a lot of people saying they want the Onion Tart they will bring it back in one of the specialty restaurants. That way you can get it if you want it every night. You just have to pay for it :-)