Thoughts on this dress

MYRN1

http://www.landsend.com/pp/womens-plus-size-ponte-twist-waist-dress~233922_-1.html?bcc=y&action=order_more&sku_0=::BLA&CM_MERCH=IDX_sale-_-in-season-savings-_-women-_-plus-size&origin=index

Thinking either purple or red. I was thinking for an upcoming wedding, and wondered if this is also appropriate for formal night on our upcoming Carnival cruise on THe Breeze in January, or is it a bit too casual?

The dress looks to be a great basic.... very versatile! Easily dressed up with dressy shoes, jewelry for formal night or a wedding. Or a scarf and flats for more casual. Don't think you can go wrong with a dress like that.

The key to a dress like this is what you wear underneath the dress. You need a very good bra that supports and separates so that the proper sized dress will not gape like some reviewers have complained about regarding the neckline of the dress. Also...the wide waistband can work to your advantage if you get high waisted underwear. With proper undergarments...the dress should skim your curves in the most flattering way.

The style is classic. If the fabric really is heavier and the drape is there...then this should flatter most any body type. This is a dress that you could wear to many different occasions with many different looks depending on your footwear and jewelry. Definitely get a color...pick the one that flatters you best. With such a nice silhouette and clean lines, you can really have fun with accessories.

I haven't cruised Carnaval, but I think this dress would be appropriate for formal night provided you dressed it up for the occasion.

I love it! And it's easy to dress it up if you want to. I have a similar dress that I'm planning to bring on my trip next Jan.

Check out this blog that was referenced in another thread (about packing only in a carry-on). She has a post about wearing a knit dress in several ways.

http://ladylighttravel.wordpress.com/2012/05/17/thirteen-ways-to-wear-a-knit-dress/

Archived