No more email for shareholder benefit

FLACRUISER99

Actually not just HAL but all the CCL Brands :(

I totally agree this is a big step backwards, fax machines are becoming obsolete and why they would eliminate the emailing is beyond me, unless the felt they were getting more fraudulent statements :confused:

Excuse my ignorance, but how would faxing help that?

There's always someone that has to work the system:rolleyes:.[/quote

When we FAX our statements, we block out the Account Number & all of the other holdings on the page which also has our CCL stock in our Brokerage Account..

I believe that an e-mail might be a dangerous privacy issue which was brought to CCL's attention..

We had to close our brokerage account with our Brokerage bank & open a brand new one last Jan , only because a company cashed a check for $29.00 & debited our account..I had to prove that we never authorized this company to do so..It took us months to straighten this out with the fraud dept of our Brokerage bank..

Would rather FAX our statement with all extraneous INFO blacked out than take a chance on an e-mail attachment which indicates the Account Number in addition to our other holdings in our Brokerage Account..

In addition, would never ask our Travel Agent to handle this for us, as again it's a Privacy issue for me..

Cheers....:)Betty

When we FAX our statements, we block out the Account Number & all of the other holdings on the page which also has our CCL stock in our Brokerage Account..

I believe that an e-mail might be a dangerous privacy issue which was brought to CCL's attention..

Would rather FAX our statement with all extraneous INFO blacked out than take a chance on an e-mail attachment which indicates the Account Number in addition to our other holdings in our Brokerage Account..

In addition we would never ask our Travel Agent to handle this for us, as again it's a Privacy issue for me..

When we email our information to CCL we also have that type of information blocked out. The difference is there is no hard copy of the information we do send. The only one who sees the information we do send is the person who receives that email. There is no hard copy sitting on someone's desk. For me the email is more private.

We had to close our brokerage account with our Brokerage bank & open a brand new one last Jan , only because a company cashed a check for $29.00 & debited our account..I had to prove that we never authorized this company to do so..It took us months to straighten this out with the fraud dept of our Brokerage bank..

In addition, would never ask our Travel Agent to handle this for us, as again it's a Privacy issue for me..

Just print your statement (or copy the original) block out whatever info you choose, scan and e-mail that as an attachment, no difference in security/privacy and easier to read as well.

I was just reading on the Princess Board that you now must Fax or snail mail for the shareholder benefit no more email.

Maybe HAL still accepts e-mail? Hopefully..........

Cannot speak to Princess, but HAL still accepted (and applied)my e-mail request two weeks ago.

Ray in NH

In recognition of the Privacy Issues, I usually e-mail a scanned copy of my latest CCL Dividend "stub" as proof of ownership. It only deals with the one stock that matters for this transaction. Granted this did not work during the period when they "suspended" paying dividends. :rolleyes:

Ray in NH

Just print your statement (or copy the original) block out whatever info you choose, scan and e-mail that as an attachment, no difference in security/privacy and easier to read as well.

That is exactly what I did about 10 days ago and it worked just fine :). The statement needs to show how many shares you own and your name - you can black out the account number and any other information as to other holdings. Got a reply email from HAL in 2 days stating credits had been applied.

When we email our information to CCL we also have that type of information blocked out. The difference is there is no hard copy of the information we do send. The only one who sees the information we do send is the person who receives that email. There is no hard copy sitting on someone's desk. For me the email is more private.

Yeah, I do the same. I'm wondering if people think email can be intercepted. Same with a fax in my mind. Not many people use faxes anymore.

As always before, you can mail, deliver, fax or email your TA for delivery to HAl or you can fax it directly to HAL. Whether you email it or fax it (regardless of to whom), your information is available to a variety of "eyes". Much like using your CC online, there is risk to our modern day usage of the internet....

(We just emailed ours to our TA and immediately received our acknowledgement.)

http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

I totally agree, that would be a backwards step, faxing is rather outdated and many corporations are getting rid of faxing

I think CCL is being penny wise and pound foolish. I don't think I've used a fax machine in 3 or 4 years and would have to stop to think where I would even find one.

Maybe next year CCL will require that the request for shareholder OBC be typed on a manual typewriter.

I think CCL is being penny wise and pound foolish. I don't think I've used a fax machine in 3 or 4 years and would have to stop to think where I would even find one.

Maybe next year CCL will require that the request for shareholder OBC be typed on a manual typewriter.

Too funny:D! The only place I can think of faxing is at work and I really don't want to do that. We need to fax from our computers and I have no idea how to do that:o. If I send anything these days it gets scanned and emailed.

Was advised by my TA yesterday that they have begun to have issues with the requirements of getting Carnival Corp on board credits in the recent past.

She said that for our November cruise on Seabourn we should wait until we receive our Sept 30 statement and forward a copy of that to use to get the OBC.

Virtually everything can be blocked out as long as it shows our name and address, the date of the brokerage statement, and that the statement clearly shows that we own at least 100 shares of Carnival stock. All account numbers, and other info re: other investments can be blocked. We intend to only send the cover page and the page that lists the Carnival stock -- after the statement has had a very close and extensive encounter with a black sharpie.

And for the record, we are paperless with our brokerage company and our statements arrive electronically, by email .....

First they cut out paper documents mailed to us to save trees and postage.

Then they cut out brochures to 'save trees' and postage.

And now they want all these faxes........ what happened to saving trees? :confused:

Makes no real sense -- unless they discovered a lot of folks out there -- shudder at the thought -- send in for OBC's yet no longer own their Carnival Corp stock? It would have to be a significant corporate loss to justify the expense of fax and paper .... -- or others have been falsifying documents ... though I fail to see how a fax is any better than email if they are concerned about false documents ...

I guess we just have to follow along and try not to question as questioning just brings us to places that make no sense ...

I was just reading on the Princess Board that you now must Fax or snail mail for the shareholder benefit no more email.

I did a Google search of "carnival cruise line shareholder benefit 2012" and the second hit, a "pdf" and got this that has email address on it. Sent in request late on the 26th, haven't heard back yet but it has been less than 48 hours.

phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item...t=1

I did a Google search of "carnival cruise line shareholder benefit 2012" and the second hit, a "pdf" and got this that has email address on it. Sent in request late on the 26th, haven't heard back yet but it has been less than 48 hours.

phx.corporate-ir.net/External.File?item...t=1

Is this for Princess or HAL?

Thanks.

Was advised by my TA yesterday that they have begun to have issues with the requirements of getting Carnival Corp on board credits in the recent past.

Virtually everything can be blocked out as long as it shows our name and address, the date of the brokerage statement, and that the statement clearly shows that we own at least 100 shares of Carnival stock. All account numbers, and other info re: other investments can be blocked. We intend to only send the cover page and the page that lists the Carnival stock -- after the statement has had a very close and extensive encounter with a black sharpie.

This is exactly what I did a couple of weeks ago - emailed the scanned copy of the statement as an attachment and included the cruise information (with booking #) in the email. Got an email reply from HAL in 2 days saying credit was applied - had my TA check and yes it showed up for both of our upcoming cruises in the updated booking confirmation that she sent us.:D

My CCL credit came back to me in 24 hours - I emailed proof of ownership to my TA. In less than a day, my TA notified me the credit was complete and HAL sent me a revised booking verifying it - that's fast service! IMO, the shareholder benefit is a tremendous return on investment - especially in today's world!

I'm on a HAL cruise but it has the email address for all of CCL companys.

I believe there is a revised benefit announcement which does not show any email addresses for any line for benefit application.

While HAL may still, for a limited time I suspect, have an active email contact, that is not true for other lines. In the case of Princess, that email address has been de-activated and mail sent to it bounces right back.

I think the effective date for this change was about a week ago ... perhaps HAL hasn't implemented the new fax/snail mail only requirement.

I believe there is a revised benefit announcement which does not show any email addresses for any line for benefit application.

While HAL may still, for a limited time I suspect, have an active email contact, that is not true for other lines. In the case of Princess, that email address has been de-activated and mail sent to it bounces right back.

I think the effective date for this change was about a week ago ... perhaps HAL hasn't implemented the new fax/snail mail only requirement.

I read that Princess made the change on 8/22.

Archived