Question about site to get Australian visa

chamima

Has anyone used easyeta dot com (http://easyeta.com/australian-visa/types.html) to get an Australian visa and actually completed their trip to Australia?

This website charges half of what the Australian govt. website charges so just checking whether it's a bargain or a scam.

TIA!

We used easyeta a few months ago for a non-cruise related trip. It isn't a scam and worked perfectly. We go to Australia every year or two.

Thank you, thank you!!!

:) :) :)

Since I live near WAshington Dc, can I go to the Australian embassy and get my visa there? Wonder if it will be the same price as getting it online?

You do not need a traditional Visa. Just an ETA. All you do is go to the official on line ETA web site and get it on line in the matter of minutes. No, do not go to the embassy.

Keith

Are you sure they are free for Brits. I have always been charged?
When Brits and other Europeans had to apply for ETAs in the same way, the charge was the same.

A few years ago, Brits and other Europeans were migrated to a different system: the eVisitor. This is what you now need instead of an ETA. eVisitor is free.

Are you sure they are free for Brits. I have always been charged?

Kimberley

There is no charge for any European Union passsport holders but you have to register in the correct section of the website. EU passport holders need to register for e-visitor status and there is no charge, those passport holders who need to register for e-visa are charged $20... I will be going to Australia again later this year and just renewed my e-visitor registration and there was no charge..

Anne

When Brits and other Europeans had to apply for ETAs in the same way, the charge was the same.

A few years ago, Brits and other Europeans were migrated to a different system: the eVisitor. This is what you now need instead of an ETA. eVisitor is free.

Thank you so much. Wish I had read this a few days before I made my sister pay £6.50 each. I had never heard of this before and even paid last year when I got the online visa. Just applied for mine. A very big thank you

Kimberley

An electronic visa is not a physical document that you attach to your passport. It's a computer record held by the Australian government.

Yes, it is. Cunard arranged our visas for Australia last winter. We got an email saying we had our visas and all was OK. We did not get a number or anything to attach to the passport (I was disappointed not to have some kind of physical attachment). I printed out the letter, just in case I'd need it. I didn't.

BUT I could not check in online for my flight to Sydney. The check-in asked if I had a visa; yes I did. Enter the number. But there was no number to enter, and the website would NOT let me check in online. I called the airline, and they were no help, just said to check in at the airport. I had the letter in hand when we walked up to the check-in desk at the airport, fearing the worst. I told the desk agent about the problem. She swiped our passports and said "No problem, it's in our computer. You're fine." Wish Continental had been able to tell me that over the phone the night before.

I hope United has fixed their website, but be aware that you might have trouble cheking in online because you don't have a number.

Wish I had read this a few days before I made my sister pay £6.50 each. I had never heard of this before and even paid last year when I got the online visa.
I'm surprised that you could pay any money at all, because the Australian government website won't accept an application for an ETA from a British citizen any more. You have to use the eVisitor site, and you can't pay any money there because it never asks you for any.

Thank you so much. Wish I had read this a few days before I made my sister pay £6.50 each. I had never heard of this before and even paid last year when I got the online visa. Just applied for mine. A very big thank you

Kimberley

Hi Kimberley,

Hope you are well? The CD on Navigator, last month, was not a patch on Paul from Brilliance :D.

We have just applied for our evisitor on the Australian Govn website and it came through within the hour. No charges for any of us. It's seems similar to the US esta system without the charges.

Jenny

Hi Kimberley,

Hope you are well? The CD on Navigator, last month, was not a patch on Paul from Brilliance :D.

We have just applied for our evisitor on the Australian Govn website and it came through within the hour. No charges for any of us. It's seems similar to the US esta system without the charges.

Jenny

Hi Jenny,

I'm great thank you how are you?

It takes a lot to beat Paul.

I bet you are looking forward to your OZ / New Zealand cruise

Kimberley

Hi Jenny,

I'm great thank you how are you?

It takes a lot to beat Paul.

I bet you are looking forward to your OZ / New Zealand cruise

Kimberley

We're all good and definitely can't wait for our trip 'downunder' :). Sounds like you're off in that direction too?

I got my Evisa today. Strange because I applied for myself and mother in law at the same time. Hers was granted almost immediately but mine has taken nearly 48 hours. I think it could be because I have a hyphenated surname.

But great service and wow was free.

Many thanks

I got my Evisa today. Strange because I applied for myself and mother in law at the same time. Hers was granted almost immediately but mine has taken nearly 48 hours. I think it could be because I have a hyphenated surname.

But great service and wow was free.

Many thanks

They've heard about your drink problem :D

Hi, are the Australian visas only good for 1 visit, or are they valid for a certain length of time? We're cruising from Auckland to Sydney, but plan to spend a few days in Sydney on the front end of the trip before flying to Auckland to board our ship. The ship stops in Melbourne, with the cruise ending in Sydney. Then we'll spend a few more days in Sydney before traveling back home to the US. How many visas will I need for Australia? And do I need any for New Zealand?

Hi, are the Australian visas only good for 1 visit, or are they valid for a certain length of time? We're cruising from Auckland to Sydney, but plan to spend a few days in Sydney on the front end of the trip before flying to Auckland to board our ship. The ship stops in Melbourne, with the cruise ending in Sydney. Then we'll spend a few more days in Sydney before traveling back home to the US. How many visas will I need for Australia? And do I need any for New Zealand?

I just looked at ours - good for 1 year / period of stay - 3 months / Number of entries / multiple

Nothing needed for NZ

You're going to be WOW'd by Australia and NZ.

Technically:-

Visitor ETA conditions
  • Valid for visits to Australia for tourism or to visit friends or relatives
  • Valid for multiple visits within 12 months from date of issue
  • Maximum length of each visit is three months
  • Condition 8101 - You must not work while in Australia
  • Condition 8201 - You must not study for more than 3 months
  • Condition 8527 - You must be free from tuberculosis
  • Condition 8528 - You must not have any criminal convictions for which you have been sentenced for a total combined period of 12 months or more, whether or not the sentence/s were served

For those who are travelling on an eVisitor (as they've been referred to on this thread too):-
eVisitor conditions

You must comply with your eVisitor conditions while in Australia. A breach of these conditions may result in your eVisitor being cancelled and you may have to leave Australia.

• You must not engage in any studies or training for more than three months.
  • You must be free from tuberculosis at the time of travel to, and entry into, Australia.
  • You must not have any criminal convictions, for which the sentence or sentences are for a total period of 12 months duration or more (whether served or not), at the time of travel to, and entry into, Australia.

If any of the above conditions apply to you we suggest you contact your nearest Australian visa office before lodging an eVisitor application.

If you apply for an eVisitor for tourist purposes:

• You must not work whilst in Australia. Limited volunteer work may be acceptable. [Further details follow on that page.]

Hi!

We are traveling to Australia this coming Feb/2013. A couple of questions;

we heard that one had to wait to get the visa until 3 mos prior to departure. Is this still a requirement? Can we apply for the ETA now (Oct) but not use the visa for this 1st time until late Feb/2013?

We will have multiple entries: USA-australia, australia to S. Pacific Islands, back to Australia to then go on the 2nd cruise to N Zealand. The Visitor ETA should work for our multiple Australia visits. Correct?

thanks!

Hi!

We are traveling to Australia this coming Feb/2013. A couple of questions;

we heard that one had to wait to get the visa until 3 mos prior to departure. Is this still a requirement? Can we apply for the ETA now (Oct) but not use the visa for this 1st time until late Feb/2013?

We will have multiple entries: USA-australia, australia to S. Pacific Islands, back to Australia to then go on the 2nd cruise to N Zealand. The Visitor ETA should work for our multiple Australia visits. Correct?

thanks!

I just looked at ours - good for 1 year / period of stay - 3 months / Number of entries / multiple

Nothing needed for NZ

You're going to be WOW'd by Australia and NZ.

Sparky-elpaso answered all of your questions 2 posts before yours.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

The visa is good for one year so you can get it now. It's good for multiple entries for stays of up to 3 months at a time.

Archived