Parents considering the NCL Spirit

mellerswa

My parents are considering a Mediterranean cruise on the NCL Spirit. Is there anything an older couple should know/consider about the trip?

The Spirit is a comfortable ship sizewise. It is not a mega-ship, It is large, 865 feet and 2000 passengers but not overly large compared to todays standards and it does not feel that way. The promenade deck is gorgeous, it wraps arounf the entire ship and has little areas with chairs and tables for relaxing and taking in the view. The lobby is magnificent and the decor and entertainment in the public areas is superb. I could not think of a nicer NCL ship for your parents.:D

One thing to consider about a Med cruise and an older couple is the weather. If they cruise during the summer months, it could be very hot. If they are sensitive to heat then they would want to really consider the time of year they cruise.

My sister and I sailed the Spirit out of New Orleans a couple of years ago. Loved the ship! We have been looking at the Med cruises on the Spirit as it would fun to sail on her again.

I have had 3 cruises on The Spirit and would love to sail on her again. She is a great ship and a wonderful staff. If they use a scooter, wheelchair or walker, there are a couple of places that might be a tight fit, but staff is always willing to assist if needed.

as the others, we love the Spirit. We have sailed on her last June in the Meds. The itinerary is wonderful. You parent will have a blast.

Although, this cruise is ports intensive and can be tiresome. We were very happy to have seen Rome before the cruise and be transform that port to another sea day for us.

If they want to see pictures of the ports, you can look at some of my pictures.

http://isabellecyr.zenfolio.com/

We loved the Spirit. She is so unique compared to the other NCL ships because of the decor. I also loved the Grand Atrium with glass elevators.

The layout of this ship I found to be extremely passenger friendly compared to some of the other ships. Very easy to navigate around. :)

Don't forget to have them check out the spiral staircase that leads down in to a neat little room with the history and pictures of the Spirit before she was owned by NCL. Then you can see the Captains bridge area down there. It's pretty neat.

Hi

we have sailed the spirit twice. The cabins are slightly smaller than other NCL ships as it was made for the asian market. The decor is lovely and still has the same restaurants as some of the larger ships.

The staff were outstanding on this ship - extremely friendly

I certainly would recommend it

Hi

we have sailed the spirit twice. The cabins are slightly smaller than other NCL ships as it was made for the asian market. The decor is lovely and still has the same restaurants as some of the larger ships.

The staff were outstanding on this ship - extremely friendly

I certainly would recommend it

Many of the cabins are larger as well. ;)

Another vote for LOVE THE SPIRIT! We did a B2B in April/May and the weather wasn't too hot yet. The Med. itinerary was fantastic, I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat. There's lots of pics in the link in my signature (under the NCL Spirit Cruise tab at the top of the page). :)

I've done the Spirit - love it! I've also done an Meditteranean cruise. The one thing I would point out with older folks is that some excursions can be rather taxing, physically. They should research their excursions based on how able-bodied they are.

Archived