Flyers BEWARE! Warning re: American Airlines

countflorida

The very reliable MIDDLE SEAT TERMINAL column by Scott McCartney in the Wall Street Journal carried the following headline last Friday: "Book Away From American This Fall; Pilot Feud Has Made Airline Too Unreliable":mad:

Read all about it at http://blogs.wsj.com/middleseat/2012/09/18/book-away-from-american-this-fall-pilot-feud-has-made-airline-too-unreliable/?KEYWORDS=american+airlines

Good Grief! We're supposedly flying AA home from Rio to Miami and then on to Newark.

Regent did our air.........I suppose at this time, it doesn't leave much for us to do....other than maybe, pray?

In the best of all possible worlds, I'd like to think that Regent is aware this could be a problem...........oy vey..

Good Grief! We're supposedly flying AA home from Rio to Miami and then on to Newark.

Regent did our air.........I suppose at this time, it doesn't leave much for us to do....other than maybe, pray?

In the best of all possible worlds, I'd like to think that Regent is aware this could be a problem...........oy vey..

Hopefully by December it will be settled. We fly from BA to DFW on 12/7

If there is a problem with American Airlines, Regent will take care of it. We were on a cruise last year when BA when on strike. They made arrangement for their customers to fly on another line. Regent's Air department is always on the alert for this type of thing.

We're using miles to fly AA home from Barcelona to Miami, but not until next April. And, I think it's a code share flight actually operated by BA. Finally, it's a direct flight, no connections to make, and we don't particularly care when we get home. Unless AA goes completely belly-up by then, we'll be OK.

We flew AA Tulsa-DFw-LGA on Sunday. No significant problems,and looking on the board at DFW, I didn't really see an unusual number of delays. In addition, we received a email from AA the day before stating that they would rebook us or reschedule us however necessary, even on another airline, if there were any problems. We are both lifetime plat on AA, and the email did mention that. Don't know how someone without status would do in flight interruptions.

If there is a problem with American Airlines, Regent will take care of it. We were on a cruise last year when BA when on strike. They made arrangement for their customers to fly on another line. Regent's Air department is always on the alert for this type of thing.

Thanks, TC, Hopefully there won't be any problem at all and we'll just zoom thru! I'd rather have Regent taking care of the problems if they result, than trying to do it myself!

I really wouldn't worry, I fly AA routinely every month on business and although the pilots are writing up more minor issues than before which is causing some delays, this is not causing the major impact that some of the newspaper reports might have you believe.

I would suggest though that best advice on any airline is that if you are making your own travel arrangements always plan to arrive before the actual cruise departure date.

Thanks Rachel for that reassurance. DH is lifetime Gold, which gets us a few nice perks, and we are flying DCA to DFW in a couple of weeks. Already had our flight canceled out of IAD and had to switch to DCA as we didn't like the flight they put us on, but that was a schedule change not a pilot issue, although it was still annoying, glad to hear that maybe the day to day operations are not as bad as the press may be making of it.

Archived