Hello.

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Diane and have found this forum very useful over the years and gained valuable information from reading reviews and answers to questions about ports of call and cruise ships. I have finally took the plunge and become a member as i would like to be able to help others as they have helped me.

I have been on ten cruises in total, six of these with RCI, there will be many more to come in the future hopefully especially with RCI, as so far i have found them to be the best.

I have no cruise planned as yet for 2013 as i have just returned from a seven night cruise on Adventure of the seas from malaga, if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Hello Diane and welcome to being an "active" member of CC. :)

Hello.

I would like to introduce myself. My name is Diane and have found this forum very useful over the years and gained valuable information from reading reviews and answers to questions about ports of call and cruise ships. I have finally took the plunge and become a member as i would like to be able to help others as they have helped me.

I have been on ten cruises in total, six of these with RCI, there will be many more to come in the future hopefully especially with RCI, as so far i have found them to be the best.

I have no cruise planned as yet for 2013 as i have just returned from a seven night cruise on Adventure of the seas from malaga, if anyone has any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Welcome!! Looks like you need to get to work...the Sea is Calling for 2013 :-)

Hello.

Hi Diane, welcome on board, I'm a sad soul who has a read of the posts most days but dont post very often, but love it for the all the facts and useful info you can pick up. I might pick your brains about med cruises as am toying with the idea of that for next year, but we are thinking of doing another transatlantic as enjoyed the relaxation. I keep putting off doing a med cruise as I imagine they are quite tiring and do want my time off work to recharge batteries not drain them! Do you ever stay on the ship or do you always visit the ports?

It is the computer equivilent of Jet Lag. I am making my first trip about RCI within a couple of weeks myself. They are practically giving away insides for the cruise and I thought it would be an excellent chance to try RCI.

I like HAL and have done several cruises with Carnival too, but I don't like the drive to Fort Lauderdale for Eastern HAL cruises. Port Canaveral and/or Tampa works great,so I have always been curious about RCI.

Can anyone share with me the biggest differences I will see on RCI? All of the dining venues and which are included and which are not seem to be the greatest difference I see from the outside.

Happy cruising and I hope we meet up on a future cruise!

Hi Loutheblower, yes med cruises are port intensive but if you do your research in advance and decide what you would like to see in certain ports and plan your journey it does not have to be too exhausting. There may be one or two ports that don't interest you so take advantage and stay on board and enjoy a near empty ship. On some cruises i have done i have only stayed off ship for perhaps half a day and then spent rest of the day relaxing by the pool. I have always managed to feel relaxed at the end of the cruise no matter were i have sailed, i have never done a transatlantic but i can imagine it is very relaxing, i must try one sometime in the future. Happy sailing.

Weclome to thr zany world of Cruise Critic Message Boards. where you will find a lot of good information. But be warned, it can become an addictive habit, especially when you have a cruised already booked and its getting close to the departure date.

Archived