The Splendor, Hurricane Miriam, Tropical Storm Norman ..and US !

hannahsmomtoo

Great review thx for posting looks like u both had so much fun.my bedt friend and I ate going on splendor in 40 days our first cruise so i love the pics and reviews. For just shopping which port was better? Thx

Hi :)

I can't honestly answer about Cabo.. we did not shop there due to time restraints...

but

we really enjoyed the merchants in Puerto Vallarta. Haggling is half of the fun. We bought all of our souveniers there.. and DD got a gorgeous handmade sundress as well.

Loved the review. Wonderful pics. My favorite, the donkey. Remember him from the port in PV. Have wondered over the months what you and your daughter looked like as I read your posts. Its good to connect the screen name with the faces.:) Have been on the SPLENDOR 3 times and looking forward to a 4th in a month or so. Sure hate to see her go.:(

But, don't dismay. The MIRACLE, coming to LA, is a Spirit class ship and is beautiful. Cruised her with my son and his fiancee almost 2 years ago. Everybody is going to love this ship also.:)

Loved the review. Wonderful pics. My favorite, the donkey. Remember him from the port in PV. Have wondered over the months what you and your daughter looked like as I read your posts. Its good to connect the screen name with the faces.:) Have been on the SPLENDOR 3 times and looking forward to a 4th in a month or so. Sure hate to see her go.:(

But, don't dismay. The MIRACLE, coming to LA, is a Spirit class ship and is beautiful. Cruised her with my son and his fiancee almost 2 years ago. Everybody is going to love this ship also.:)

Thank you ! We loved the donkey.. although we did wonder afterwards whether or not he was sedated...

Excited for the miracle also !!!!!!

:o Thank you Christine for your wonderful review and amazing pictures of you and Hannah. :o Cannot wait until the day we board the Splendor....Did the "pink" polka dots get to you? Lol

You are welcome.. I am happy everyone enjoyed it. I was excited to write it ! Honestly, the pink zebra dots are irritating at first and caused us some eye rolls LOL.. but it IS true that you absolutely stop noticing them after a day or two !!!!! :D

Thank you for sharing your review!

I noticed you on these boards for months from your first excited post to your last pre-cruise post!

Your posts have all been delightful, enthusiastic and good reads!

I have been anticipating your return and review, as a first time cruiser with positive thoughts and aspirations!

You did not disappoint and I am sooo glad that you and Hannah enjoyed yourselves so much!

You gals look more like sisters in that 3rd formal night photo than mom and daughter! You are both beautiful.

We all know you're hooked and predicted you would be (LOL) so where to next is the question, Hannah and her mom? :D

We wrapped up our evening by watching several shows.. "Game show mania" "Sea Feud" and "Superstar live Karaoke".. all very fun !

The next day ( Day 2 in PV ) was our Sea Lion encounter. I can not say enough about this. We both consider this to have been the highlight of the trip. We got to play with Sea lions in a small group and then a fabulous lunch was served. I will post the pics but they do not do the experience justice

383441_4723380641308_190978673_n.jpg

Great pics, but what's up with the guy and his Gerber tat?? lol :D

Edit: So have you booked your next cruise yet?? Thanks again for the review. :)

Great pics, but what's up with the guy and his Gerber tat?? lol :D

Edit: So have you booked your next cruise yet?? Thanks again for the review. :)

So funny.... everyone mentions the random man and his gerber tattoo...and I didnt even see it while next to him !

Next cruise is not booked... but I am heading back to work this morning and realizing that I will HAVE to book soon... just to have a "countdown" to keep me going !!

Thank you for sharing your review!

I noticed you on these boards for months from your first excited post to your last pre-cruise post!

Your posts have all been delightful, enthusiastic and good reads!

I have been anticipating your return and review, as a first time cruiser with positive thoughts and aspirations!

You did not disappoint and I am sooo glad that you and Hannah enjoyed yourselves so much!

You gals look more like sisters in that 3rd formal night photo than mom and daughter! You are both beautiful.

We all know you're hooked and predicted you would be (LOL) so where to next is the question, Hannah and her mom? :D

That was very nice.. thank you so much. What a nice way to start my day.. I do believe that you just took some of the "back to work sting" away !!

:D

So glad you had such a great time with your daughter. Thanks for sharing all your pics and thoughts. My husband and I loved to get away without our kids when they were younger, but then we'd spend the whole time saying, "Wouldn't the kids love this!" The best cruise I've had was the one we took with our kids where we could see how much they enjoyed everything. We loved sitting down to dinner in the MDR each night (a dinner none of us had to cook or clean up after!) and each one would share what they'd done that day. So special!

Did you book the Sea Lion excursion through Carnival? If so, do you remember how much you paid and how long it lasted? Looks like so much fun! Was it in Cabo or PV?

Hi Erin..

I did book it through Carnival.. It is called the Sea lion encounter. The fee was $99 per person but I used a 10% discount code.

it was a total of about 3 hours.. but there was a lunch included in that.

It was in Puerto Vallarta..

Actually another cool part was..

They meet you at the port...and it is a 20 minute ride to the Sealion center... we assumed we would be stuck in a bus or van... but the "20 min ride" is on a boat.. which was also really neat.

We loved everything about our cruise... but this excursion was the best part !

Fyi.. the same company does a dolphin encounter also... but it was about 4x more crowded than the sea lions..

Archived