bringing on board a case of water

Fenten

We board Allure on Oct. 13. I have a question to ask about bringing water on board for those that have recently done it. From what I have read on here, it is my understanding that I can check in a case of 12 or 24 bottles of water. Just slap it with a luggage tag and it would be delivered to my room. The water would be right out in the open, not concealed or anything. Should this be OK???

We board Allure on Oct. 13. I have a question to ask about bringing water on board for those that have recently done it. From what I have read on here, it is my understanding that I can check in a case of 12 or 24 bottles of water. Just slap it with a luggage tag and it would be delivered to my room. The water would be right out in the open, not concealed or anything. Should this be OK???

From what I'm hearing, a lot of people have done this with no problem. Someone said that security made them open a bottle in front of them to make sure it was truly water.

I plan on bringing a case on my cruise. Honestly, I have no problem spending money on drinks on the cruise but I don't like Evian (the one RCI sells) and I think $32 for 8 bottles of water is insane.

Did you not believe the things you have read "on here" ?, if not you probably will not believe the comments in this post either :rolleyes::D

...................... From what I have read on here, it is my understanding that I can check in a case of 12 or 24 bottles of water. Just slap it with a luggage tag and it would be delivered to my room. The water would be right out in the open, not concealed or anything. Should this be OK???

A lot depends on the individual pot. Most will accept a case with a luggage tag. Some insist it be in a duffel bag or the like. Some want it carried on so security can spot check and I recall reading of one portthat refused it.

We just bring a couple of sports bottles and fill them with ice water (ore iced tea or lemonade) from the WJ. Much less of a hassle.

Sept. 2 sailing...case of water with luggage tag...porter even "adjusted" the case when it was unloaded from shuttle (think the driver actually removed it and didn't have it stacked securely). Porter smiled and said "don't want that to fall..." We thanked him, tipped him, and the case was waiting with our luggage when got to our room.

I loved the flavored water and lemonade on the Allure. My DH is a tea drinker. The bottles were handy for in the cabin, on excursions (the cruise issued bottles are big), etc. etc. We ended up leaving a handful of bottles in fridge that we did not use...Out of 24, not bad!

Enjoy!

I got a big surprise when I was told to throw away any bottles of liquid at the port of Baltimore last month. All I had was 1 unopened bottle of water and I was told to either drink it or toss it. I was shocked, especially since I've carried water on every other sailing.

Did you not believe the things you have read "on here" ?, if not you probably will not believe the comments in this post either :rolleyes::D

That seems to be the norm around here.

See a topic with many answers/responses in an exsisting thread.

Then start a new thread to asking the same question again.

I guess they want to see if the answer has changed since last week

Thats why there is 223449 different threads in RC alone...

What is it with Baltimore? I got my fans confiscated but in the same bag was a 12 pack Pepsi Max and 8 pack of bottled water? But I heard a person in the parking area told not to bring any drinks in their luggage. They also would not allow cameras or cel phones in the terminal or on the way from terminal to ship. The made us delete a picture we took before going up in the "ship Bridge"

From what I'm hearing, a lot of people have done this with no problem. Someone said that security made them open a bottle in front of them to make sure it was truly water.

I plan on bringing a case on my cruise. Honestly, I have no problem spending money on drinks on the cruise but I don't like Evian (the one RCI sells) and I think $32 for 8 bottles of water is insane.

I've never seen security do that. I've brought on water for all cruises. Keep it the case or the package in the celephane wrap.

We're sailing on the Oasis next week and I plan to take at least a 12 pack of bottled water. I am also taking a couple of different flavors of Mio from home and I can make my own flavored water.:D

I jsut got off the Oasis(9/22)

Why their vitality flavored water is good kiwi strawberry, lemon lime or mango flavored. I drank it except in MDR the whole cruise. Its FREE Park Cafe and Windjammer. I don't know why people don't take advantage of the free flavored water. Its way better tasting than mio or crystal light packets

If you are bringing any water or soda or anything like that I would be very up-front about it....walk it on as carry-on...run it thru the scanner and let them pull it out and inspect it (as they will as soon as then see it in the scanner)....you should have no issues if this is the way you handle it.

If you get to the terminal on the 13th you may have about a 24hr or so wait to get on the ship ;)

Doesn't Allure leave on the 14th? On the 13th, we are boarding Oasis, and that would be a sight to have both ships in port together!

Haha... Very observant. Yes our Allure cruise leaves on the 14th, put the 13th as that is went we fly out.

Thanks for the replies everyone. I will try to bring a case of water on board. Way cheaper then buying it.

Why their vitality flavored water is good kiwi strawberry, lemon lime or mango flavored. I drank it except in MDR the whole cruise. Its FREE Park Cafe and Windjammer. I don't know why people don't take advantage of the free flavored water. Its way better tasting than mio or crystal light packets

This is our first cruise on the Oasis and I didn't know they had flavored water. Thanks for mentioning this as this will save me from bring water. I can always get a couple of extra bottles to have in the cabin.:)

Packed a case of 28 waters in a duffle bag. It was only the thing in the bag still in shrink. Delivered to cabin. DH packed his scope in a suit case with things you can't carry on an airplane. This bag was held until he went down to the naughty room and proved it was a brand new bottle of scope.:p

BTW this was on our recent Oasis cruise.

We always buy a case at the local Wally World or Kmart the night before the cruise. I pack an empty duffle bag, that way it is easier for the baggage handler to carry.

Bottle waters are great to have on port days and late night in cabin when you don't feel like going to windjammer to get flavored water.

That's actually a matter of opinion. I actually prefer my crystal light singles to the flavored water on the ship.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

• 1 year later...
I've never seen security do that. I've brought on water for all cruises. Keep it the case or the package in the celephane wrap.

Juat a word of warning, on my last Freedom cruise out of Port Canaveral security had two differnt people in my party open the shrink wrap of their 24-packs of water so they could shake a few of the bottels in the middle. It was a real hassle for them trying to juggle the loose bottles along with their carry-ons onto the ship and to their cabins. Security did not bother with the 4 loose bottles I had in my carry-on or the 6 pack of tomato juice.

Juat a word of warning, on my last Freedom cruise out of Port Canaveral security had two differnt people in my party open the shrink wrap of their 24-packs of water so they could shake a few of the bottels in the middle. It was a real hassle for them trying to juggle the loose bottles along with their carry-ons onto the ship and to their cabins. Security did not bother with the 4 loose bottles I had in my carry-on or the 6 pack of tomato juice.

My friends on Enchantment out of PC a few weeks ago had their store-wrapped water denied. They were allowed to put a couple bottles in their carry-on, but the rest of the 24-pack was sent to the post-cruise pickup room.

So inconsistent and annoying.

Archived