Hurricane Sandy

turquoise 6

New York and the East Coast is braced for a mega storm. The perfect storm.

States of emergency have been declared in New york. The QM2 is sailing to Southampton on October 28. Thats when the storm will begin hitting the East coast. I haven't seen any notices by Cunard about possible sailing delays

(not to mention Planes will not be landing in the area)

Has anyone seen or have any information about the sailing of the QM2 on Sunday,October 28?

States of emergency have been declared in New york. The QM2 is sailing to Southampton on October 28. Thats when the storm will begin hitting the East coast. I haven't seen any notices by Cunard about possible sailing delays

Has anyone seen or have any information about the sailing of the QM2 on Sunday,October 28?

Sunday should be OK. The Carnival Miracle was supposed to arrive/leave on Monday, but they actually moved that sailing up to come in one day early/leave one day early.

Speaking of the Miracle, how was your trip? Was it as horrible as you feared?

Sunday should be OK. The Carnival Miracle was supposed to arrive/leave on Monday, but they actually moved that sailing up to come in one day early/leave one day early.

Speaking of the Miracle, how was your trip? Was it as horrible as you feared?

This is a mega storm. Cunard should make a statement

Thank you about asking about my cruise on Miracle

It was fun. Better than I expected. I will post on Carnival

Not here. This is a serious matter for QM2

Thank you

This is a mega storm. Cunard should make a statement

Thank you about asking about my cruise on Miracle

It was fun. Better than I expected. I will post on Carnival

Not here. This is a serious matter for QM2

Thank you

I live in Connecticut and have been preparing for three days. We went through 7 days without power last year (the exact same date) for a freak snow storm and I am not relishing it again. And things don't look very good here. But it is not expected here until Monday. So I think QM2 should be fine as long as she leaves promptly on Sunday. Maybe a little rock and rolling on the way out, but it should be ok.

I live in Connecticut and have been preparing for three days. We went through 7 days without power last year (the exact same date) for a freak snow storm and I am not relishing it again. And things don't look very good here. But it is not expected here until Monday. So I think QM2 should be fine as long as she leaves promptly on Sunday. Maybe a little rock and rolling on the way out, but it should be ok.

Yes. I agree. She (Qm2) loves the high seas. !

Here is the latest weather forecast.

http://www.weather.com/weather/videos/news-41/top-stories-169/sandy-moves-up-the-east-coast-6584#loc=41/169/6584ere

When the QM2 leaves tomorrow around 5PM....there will be some light showers and 15 mph winds. Most of the daytime hours will be cloudy with no precip.

Air arrivals will be normal unless you are flying in from the southeast US.

I'm looking forward to the Jets-Dolphin game 1-4 pm tomorrow..Weather won't be an issue with that either

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

We are in coastal Connecticut getting ready to sail tomorrow. It was and is a beautiful day here today. Party sunny and high 60's. The locals are moderately energized about the storm. I think they have PTSD from the problems they encountered a year ago with power outages. The shelves of water, flashlights, etc. are bare in the stores. And the TV stations are fanning the flames.

The weather is supposed to worsen during the day tomorrow. But I expect our departure will be prompt and uneventful. However, I'll bet we have a few days of giant swell on the crossing. I've been on the QM2 in a Force 10 storm when the outer decks were closed during the entire passage. QM2 never missed a beat. Stay tuned and I'll let you know how it is a couple days out.

They should be able to depart on time. The storm will take a left turn into NJ. sailing should not be adversly affected, as the ship will quickly sail out of rough seas. I would be concerned about a storm surge flooding the area around redhook. Some cars could easily get flooded out. I'd recommend having friends move the vehicles to higher ground.

They should be able to depart on time. The storm will take a left turn into NJ. sailing should not be adversly affected, as the ship will quickly sail out of rough seas. I would be concerned about a storm surge flooding the area around redhook. Some cars could easily get flooded out. I'd recommend having friends move the vehicles to higher ground.

Maybe, yes it's the surge and the higher level of sea . The QM2 has to pass under the Verrazano Bridge. That's tricky

Maybe, yes it's the surge and the higher level of sea . The QM2 has to pass under the Verrazano Bridge. That's tricky

Indeed - at high tide the clearance is 13 feet. If New York gets a 13 foot surge, it will be more than the QM2 with problems.....and she sails 4 hours before High Tide today.....and the surge is forecast at 1-2 feet.....

On the bridgecam the Red Hook car park looks virtually empty.

We're sailing on Qm2 at the moment. In New York and the weather is windy but ok. We all have to be back on board by 3.30 pm and the captain intends to sail by 4.30 pm to avoid the storm. Hopefully we should miss it but the Americans who were disembarking today were concerned so hope it won't be too bad for them.

Storm is not suppose to hit until tomorrow with the worst of it Monday into Tuesday. The queen will definitely be on her way by then. The is a state of emergency for the entire north east coast. NYC transit and schools are closed as of 7 pm tonight. Hope everyone stays safe.

We're sailing on Qm2 at the moment. In New York and the weather is windy but ok. We all have to be back on board by 3.30 pm and the captain intends to sail by 4.30 pm to avoid the storm. Hopefully we should miss it but the Americans who were disembarking today were concerned so hope it won't be too bad for them.

It looks like you will get out before the storm. I am also in Brooklyn and it

looks good. (for Now) The storm is 6 to 12 hours away , Thats Good.

Safe Journey

Storm is not suppose to hit until tomorrow with the worst of it Monday into Tuesday. The queen will definitely be on her way by then. The is a state of emergency for the entire north east coast. NYC transit and schools are closed as of 7 pm tonight. staHope everyone ys safe.

Yes, hope everyone stays safe.

Archived