World Cruise 2015

Keith1010

This is the list of people I show who are booked for WC15.

It includes:

28 people booked for the full 2015 World Cruise

1 person booked for three of the World Cruise voyages (segments).

With 27 months to go, there will like be changes to the list either with addition or some dropping off so please let me know if anyone books the cruise or cancels the cruise and I will keep this list up to date.

This is a record number of people from Cruise Critic booked so far for any Crystal Cruises World Cruise. It's very exciting.

Keith

World Cruise 2015

Full World Cruise

===========

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami - Keith1010 (Keith/Anne Marie)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami - Goldenage (Sharon)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami - SnoBirdcruiser (Pat/Ray)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami - Mpetropo (Mary/Helen)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami - Liv4cruzin (Becky)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami - Buckerook (Joe)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami - Katrina’s Grammy (Celeste/Bill)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami - Rrobbins (Bob/Karen)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – Sage (Bev/Jim)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – ijkh (Andy/Ilene)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – Missi Queen/Crown) Imperial (Allan/Helen)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – Bucket

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – brlight (Pat/Bill)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – pennysfbay (Penny)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – makaha (Candy/Ed)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – cruisecrossings (Shirley)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – ryndam (rob/jim)

WC (Three Segments) - Travel2Learn

Roy, yes, there is already more activity on this one than World Cruise that come up before this one.

I'm very excited about the number of people who are booked or thinking about booking one or more segments or the full World Cruise.

Keith

Crystal's planning department hit this one out of the park. Their timing that is giving us all 2 years to plan for being away for 4 months of our lives is perfect. The pricing is fair and in fact lower per diem than previous years. The selection of ports is wonderful. It has no more than 5 sea days in a row yet they are there for those who love them. The weather should be great.

I am really hoping for some great overland adventure offerings on this trip. My wish list includes:

Machu pichu ( which we won't likely select but is a maybe)

A nice New Zealand overland. Maybe to include Queensland, Mt Cook or a nice North to South adventure

An out back trip or an overland in Australia

A trip to the Avenue of the Baobobs in Madagascar or a trip to Ile St Louis (the pirate island)

A trip to Zanzibar in Mozambique

A trip down the garden route from Port Elizabeth

A trip further down the Amazon (day trip maybe?)

Anyone else with pipedreams for adventures off WC 2015?

Ilene

I'm still fretting over the numbers (as good as they are, they're still a stretch for me so soon after WC '12). So, just out of curiosity, I sent an email to my temporarily assigned Crystal Agent to inquire about joining the ship in either Lima or in Auckland. Although, I knew it would not produce a drastic reduction, I was still surprised at the quotes.

I asked for sgl. occup. C/O quotes w/o insurance, but including all taxes. So, keep in mind there would still be 1-way air to take into consideration (& most likely hotels).

Segments 2-6 (#5303-5307) would cost MORE than the full WC: $1,440.00 more + air to Lima, Peru

Segments 3-6 (#5304-5307) would cost $7,295.00 less than the full WC + air to Auckland, NZ

Doing a quick search for 1-way fares from sw FL to Lima or to Auckland (at 2013 rates) range from $1132 - $1869. This tells me that I MIGHT save (at the most) $4K by joining the ship in Auckland for the final 4 segs. Probably not worth considering. But I am looking at all options & trying to be realistic. And it sucks!

Dear Becky,

I just finished reading your 2012 WC blog over the weekend -- I really enjoyed it! If you think you might decide again to "extend" the WC en route maybe you should take the plunge and book the whole thing now -- remember the "ca-chings":) I loved living vicariously through your blog. I'm a long way off from being able to take the time to take a world cruise (like 20 years). I hope you are able to take the full WC.

Thank you, Richard. Without a doubt, the greatest savings comes from booking the entire WC. I had not been aware that the sgl. suppl. for segments of the WC were higher than it is for booking the full WC. And knowing what I know NOW, I won't make that same mistake again.

By the time I could get a reasonable Bus. class air ticket to Auckland, I might end up saving $5,000; but miss a whole month of the cruise. It's going to be all or nothing in 2015. I should have my head examined.

Thank you, Richard. Without a doubt, the greatest savings comes from booking the entire WC. I had not been aware that the sgl. suppl. for segments of the WC were higher than it is for booking the full WC. And knowing what I know NOW, I won't make that same mistake again.

By the time I could get a reasonable Bus. class air ticket to Auckland, I might end up saving $5,000; but miss a whole month of the cruise. It's going to be all or nothing in 2015. I should have my head examined.

Also take into consideration no long flights if you book the WC! That is worth something. Incidentally, I have booked the Caribbean cruise just before the WC departs so I will be wishing you all a bon voyage as I leave Serenity.

I've updated the list of people I show who are booked for WC15.

It includes:

30 people booked for the full 2015 World Cruise

1 person booked for three of the World Cruise voyages (segments).

This list will continue to change of the next many months. If people want to be added or removed from the list as plans firm up or change just let me know.

Don't forget we also have Roll Calls for not only the full WC but for each of the individual segments as well.

Keith

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – Missi Queen/Crown) Imperial (Allan/Helen)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – ryndam (Rob/Jim)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – bigjer (Jerry/Helen)

Greetings-

My husband and I just booked a verandah cabin for the full WC 2015. This will be our longest cruise. Last year we were on Seabourn for 60 days. I think the itinerary is great but I do have some small hesitations. Please be kind, I know they may seem petty.

I am worried about the closet and storage space in a verandah cabin for that long of a trip. I know there are many experienced world cruisers on this thread who have possibly made the trip in a verandah cabin. I would appreciate any thoughts or advice. I am definitely not a fashionista but I do enjoy the occasional formal night and adhering to the dress code. If there are two people in the cabin does everything fit? I am guessing that you wear the same outfits over and over and no one gawks or points? :)

When I did the sixty day cruise I was in the gym every single day for 90-120 minutes, I did not gain any weight, TG. Is the gym more crowded on WC voyages? A huge advantage on Crystal is the promenade deck which is decent for jogging, so perhaps that helps with the traffic in the gym?

Again any thoughts or advice for a newbie WC'er is appreciated.

Thank you very much.

Greetings-

My husband and I just booked a verandah cabin for the full WC 2015. This will be our longest cruise. Last year we were on Seabourn for 60 days. I think the itinerary is great but I do have some small hesitations. Please be kind, I know they may seem petty.

I am worried about the closet and storage space in a verandah cabin for that long of a trip. I know there are many experienced world cruisers on this thread who have possibly made the trip in a verandah cabin. I would appreciate any thoughts or advice. I am definitely not a fashionista but I do enjoy the occasional formal night and adhering to the dress code. If there are two people in the cabin does everything fit? I am guessing that you wear the same outfits over and over and no one gawks or points? :)

When I did the sixty day cruise I was in the gym every single day for 90-120 minutes, I did not gain any weight, TG. Is the gym more crowded on WC voyages? A huge advantage on Crystal is the promenade deck which is decent for jogging, so perhaps that helps with the traffic in the gym?

Again any thoughts or advice for a newbie WC'er is appreciated.

Thank you very much.

I will be sure to list you and your husband on the next update.

On our first World Cruise we had a standard cabin. After that we did switch to a larger room but we did just fine.

Whereas on that cruise we had to take clothing for both warm and cool weather the good news on this voyage is we will have just warm temperatures. That will cut down on some clothing.

I suggest having most of the hangers removed and using wire hangers. We bring a lot of ours but you can also ask for more. This minimizes space. We also bring a few of the hangers that allow you to hang multiple pants on them.

We also used the extra capacity underneath the couch and all of the extra toiletries and such can go under your bed.

They wil put in storage any luggage you want stored.

We also bring a portable hamper which helps for laundry.

We bring more outfits than we would for a short cruise but you will wear outfits several times. If you plan well you can minimize shoes and the like. No one takes notes on what you will wear.

How crowded the fitness center is not based as much on full world cruisers but overall occupancy and also the age of the overall guests. Often you see more people in there who are not doing the full world cruise. You won't have a problem and you just figure out what time works for you and it will all work out. The promenade deck is wonderful as well.

As you think of questions please post them. Be sure to check out our roll call.

If you would like when I add you to the list I could also add both your first names. If not no big deal but if you would like me to add your first names just post.

Keith

Kristy, you are very welcome.

I am sure that as time progresses like others taking their first world cruise you will have lots of questions. I know we did so as you think of them please do not hesitate to ask.

I am adding you and Duff to the WC15 listing.

Keith

We want to buy our trip insurance within 2 weeks of our intial payment which was this week. :D yippee happy dance

So a question for you all:

Do most WCers cruisers get their insurance from their TA as a benefit?

Do many WCers buy on line trip insurance as we have always done for "normal" cruises? If so what do list as the primary destination? Miami?

I looked at the cruise insurance section but nothing specific to this question.

thanks,

Ilene

We want to buy our trip insurance within 2 weeks of our intial payment which was this week. :D yippee happy dance

So a question for you all:

Do most WCers cruisers get their insurance from their TA as a benefit?

Do many WCers buy on line trip insurance as we have always done for "normal" cruises? If so what do list as the primary destination? Miami?

I looked at the cruise insurance section but nothing specific to this question.

thanks,

Ilene

I'm not aware of anyone getting insurance as a benefit.

People buy different types of insurance ranging from Crystal Insurance to Third Party Insurance. Some also add something such as MedJet assistance depending on where in the world we are sailing

Usually, I just call the insurance company to ask them what to list as a primary destination.

Check with the company you insure with to get clarification on the pre-existing conditions. The question is when did the clock begin ticking. Two weeks from the full deposit or two weeks from the time you did the wait list. If you don't have a pre-existing condition might not be an issue but best to check so there are no surprises.

Keith

...and now may I point your attention to a new section on Cruise critic known as "world cruising":

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=833

It is a place I asked for and the lovely staff at CC heard the need. So now we can share and learn from WCers across all the different lines. Granted things will be different but many things are of common interest.

Keith this board has your name all over.

This is great news for all who enjoy the planning as much as anything.

fondly,

Ilene

We are now up to 32 people booked for the full World Cruise and another person booked for multiple voyages. Truly amazing.

Keith

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami kristysu (kristy/duff)

Well, we have taken the first step to joining all of you on the amazing 2015 adventure! I am not convinced this speical experience will become a reality due to concerns about our dog child, aging parents, and other unknowns over the next 2 years.....but we are very excited about keeping the possibility in front of us. Let the planning begin :)

We now have 34 people booked on the full World Cruise and one on three segments.

Pretty good for a cruise that does not begin for another 809 days.

But, whose counting. :cool:

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami - kristysu (kristy/duff)

January 15th WC (5302F) Miami to Miami – Koko’s Mom (Caryn/Stan)

Hi Keith,

I'be been following along with the progression here. I'm amazed at how many of us will be on the 2015 W/C. Could you do me a favor and list my CC name along side my husband's? His is Rrobbins. Mine is Wandering Writer. I'd appreciate it. I love him but I have my own ID here.

Thanks!

Karen

Archived