"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Nov 4, 2012

Radio

Hello everyone. . . Welcome to Port Canaveral ! Ahhh. . . Another great Cruise and as I sit here, I am planning my Cruises for 2013.

I already have a couple planned, but am considering a couple more. . .details to follow.

The weather is very nice today, with sunny skies, and warm temps(73F).

I should be leaving the ship in about an hour, and will transit down to grab some fuel. .. Get a nice Starbucks, and I will try to re read

the whole “LIVE” thread to see if there were any questions I may have missed.

The AutoTrain heads north at 4PM, and I have to arrive by 2:30pm.

It will not be a long ride to the station as Sanford, Florida is about a 45 min drive. I hope to be able to post from the train this time if connectivity allows it.

Thanks so much for all of the nice comments I have had over the last several days,

and I think you know that I love to do a “LIVE” post. . .I can’t imagine every cruising without working on a “LIVE” post while onboard.

I will be sad to leave the beautiful Freedom of the Seas, but I am sure our paths will cross again. . .Hmmm. . .maybe next year !

I really want to do the Western Itinerary !

I had to finish this post from the lovely Radisson Resort at the Port, since they called on me to leave the ship. . .Arghh . . .

Radio

As we arrive at the Terminal early this morning, Disney Dream comes in behind us. . .

B2.JPG

Carnival Sensation approches the basin slowly behind DCL Dream

B5.JPG

Self Express passengers start leaving very, very early

B6.JPG

I like the way that you can see the Debarkation schedule with the digital

signage

B7.JPG

All of the Balcony dividers were open for cleaning.

B9.JPG

It’s time to grab my stuff and go. . .

B10.JPG

Radio - can you confirm for me the date Capt Grimstad started his rotation?

Captain Grimstad boarded Freedom 2weeks ago (according to the 2nd Navigation Officer on the Bridge)

Radio

;);)

WOW! That went by fast! Had a wonderful time with terrific friends...now...I can take time to actually read this entire "LIVE" and relive the fun.....and to see what I missed....(megr was a little under the weather....grrrrr:mad:)

Safe travels back home Radio........

Radio..I love the photo of the electronic sign showing the departure times...i think that is my favorite addition from the Royal Advantage upgrades...I also liked the big screen even though i didn't really see it much!! The electronic signs are fun to use as well!!! Nice to be able to just check the menu as you're flying by!! Royal hit a home run with that one!!

With regards to departure...for a while, they were running about 45 minutes AHEAD of schedule...the electronic signs will say the suggested time that a number will be called....so while you may have a # 10 tag and a 9 AM time, your approximate time could be 8:30....it is very cool.....

Thanks for another great "LIVE" report!! Finally got a chance to peruse the entire thing and your images are stunning!! It was a pleasure to sail with you, Mr & Mrs MedicKen, the Wally Gators, 138east and all the other CCers who were on the cruise...I am just sorry I didn't get to meet everyone from our roll call!!

Great job, and again, have a safe trip home!!! :)

WOW! That went by fast! Had a wonderful time with terrific friends...now...I can take time to actually read this entire "LIVE" and relive the fun.....and to see what I missed....(megr was a little under the weather....grrrrr:mad:)

Safe travels back home Radio........

Meg, so sorry to hear you were under the weather during the cruise :( I hope it didn't last long and that you were able to throughly enjoy the Freedom with all of your CC friends :)

Meg, so sorry to hear you were under the weather during the cruise :( I hope it didn't last long and that you were able to throughly enjoy the Freedom with all of your CC friends :)

thanks Robyn...I only missed a day (ulcer flare up...arrgh!) .but yes, the rest of the time all was well and I loved Freedom....we missed ya!!! BUT....next November should be a hoot!:eek::D

Radio,

Thanks for bringing us along for your Freedom Cruise. I love the pics of Port Canaveral as I consider that my "home" cruise port for RCCL.

Below is a pic that I took of the Freedom during my 2010 cruise on her with my Dad.

100_0814.jpg

thanks Robyn...I only missed a day (ulcer flare up...arrgh!) .but yes, the rest of the time all was well and I loved Freedom....we missed ya!!! BUT....next November should be a hoot!:eek::D

I'm looking forward to next November :)

And I'm glad you only felt icky one day.

I can't believe I missed the entire cruise!!!!!!! I knew ya'll were sailing on the fourth, but i've been so crazy busy, the time just flew right by me!!!

I'll just have to catch up now!!!!

Thanks for doing this as always Radio!!

Cheryl

Yep guys and girls, another "LIVE from" thread is "in the can", so to speak. From one of the folks that was on the cruise with the "Intrepid Reporter" I must echo all of his comments. But I'm not sure about some of the pictures, he could have captured my "good side" after all.

Mrs. MedicKen (aka The Boss) and I had a wonderful time with our friends on this sojourn. St. Thomas and St. Maarten were beautiful and the seas were very kind to us, until the last few days, and they still weren't that bad.

We ate, drank, played cards and laughed so had that, at times, Coke was spewing from our noses. There was even the threat of an asthma attack, or two due to the humor that abounded.

THe Boss and I had a lovely day and a half in Cocoa Beach precruise and were able to spend some quality time with friends then as well.

Now if I can just get the house to quit pitching with the waves we should be OK.

>SNIP<

We ate, drank, played cards and laughed so had that, at times, Coke was spewing from our noses. There was even the threat of an asthma attack, or two due to the humor that abounded.

SHHHHH!!!! LOL......

THe Boss and I had a lovely day and a half in Cocoa Beach precruise and were able to spend some quality time with friends then as well.

Now if I can just get the house to quit pitching with the waves we should be OK.

As for the pitching...I noticed the same thing last night in my post cruise MCO area hotel.....weird....usually it takes a day to set in.....the post cruise, land locked motion!!!

Glad you arrived safely back in the Burgh!!! Catch baby!!

Hey Radio,

Thanks for sharing your live at sea... i have always enjoyed it! I just happened to see that you have EOS for January 2013. We're going on the one leaving Baltimore on Jan 26th... which one are you going on?

Thanks!

Ken

Hey Radio,

Thanks for sharing your live at sea... i have always enjoyed it! I just happened to see that you have EOS for January 2013. We're going on the one leaving Baltimore on Jan 26th... which one are you going on?

Thanks!

Ken

Thanks Ken. . .I am sailing Enchantment of the Seas on Jan 5th. . .

Radio

;);)

Archived