"LIVE" from Freedom of the Seas / Nov 4, 2012

Radio

Radio,

I have to share a quick story with you. I am a meeting planner and was at the Hyatt Chesapeake (if you’ve never been there I highly recommend it) yesterday morning. I was setting up the meeting space at 7:00 AM when a very nice hotel staff member asked if there was anything she could get me. Yes, I would love a small cup of coffee. She returns with the biggest cup of Starbucks coffee I’ve ever seen, knowing full well if I drank all that I would be bouncing off the walls. But then she says if you want more just keep the cup and you can get free refills all day! OMG I thought, Radio would love this!:eek:

Thanks for your great review!

Paula

The Library was on my Deck (7), but I never stopped to read. . .Ooops

F26.JPG

Why are the ship libraries always so empty and depressing? I know there are a lot of people on board, so why don't they have more books and magazines??

(Thank you for your most EXCELLENT reviews, Radio!!!)

Radio,

Once again you have outdone yourself with this Amazing Live Report!

Admittedly it was a little hard following your reports since I was supposed to be on this cruise too!!!!! Oh well, the AOS awaits me for 2 weeks in February :D I'm so glad that you are enjoying yourself and that the weather has mostly cooperated :) Looking very forward to Explorer 2013!!!!

Have a relaxing sea day and a safe trip home!!!!

Hi all!

Radio ~ I've been following along, enjoying the cruise. I love Freedom of the Seas!:D

I was wondering do you ever go to Sorrentos? It's much better than the one on Oasis.

Thanks for taking us along.

My next cruise is in May to Bermuda after seeing your beautiful pictures last year.;)

~ Jo ~ :)

Hello everyone. . .Welcome to Day 7 of “LIVE” from Freedom of the Seas.

Today is our last day at sea. Let’s just start off this post by saying how much I dislike the final day of the cruise. Ok, that’s it, enough complaining! Here it is! There will be lots of activities today. Of course, I will have to spend some time packing, but there is a lot of exciting entertainment on the schedule for today. I am especially looking forward to the Navigational Bridge tour this afternoon. That is always a highlight of my cruise.

There are still many things that I have yet to try, and I will attempt to get a couple of them done today. There is a 3-D movie this afternoon, the “Action Max” game show tonight and the Flow Rider competition.

Some of you may be surprised, but I woke up very early this morning. I thought that it would be nice to get some sunrise photos for our final day at sea. During the last 24 hours, we have had rough seas-much rougher seas than we have had this week. Our seas this week had been extremely calm up until yesterday. We have experienced lots of pitch and roll throughout the night. At least the sun has come out, and it looks like the weather should improve as the day goes on.

We are currently about 173nm east/south east of Coco Cay. We should be arriving to Port Canaveral past Jetty Park by around 5 AM tomorrow morning.

More pics later. . .thanks for tuning in.

Radio

Olive or Twist Lounge - Deck 14

SA3.JPG

More Olive or Twist. . .

SA4.JPG

Early morning pool deck. . .

SA7.JPG

The skies appear to be clearing. . .

SA10.JPG

Early morning sunrise over Flow Rider. . .

SA11.JPG

Here is our current position. . .

SAMAP.JPG

Radio on Sunday morning I'll be in the general area as you as I debark the Carnival Sensation hopefully by 730 am as I make my way as fast as I can to Port Everglades to board the Carnival Freedom. Hope your enjoying your last day at sea. It's just gorgous out here in the middle of nowhere. I'll wave to you from Port Canaveral docks Sunday morning.

AE66BF15-8EF9-4890-A40A-9D4FD46D734A-91916-00008338DC0FB436_zps0af7e092.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk. Please excuse any typographical errors.

Hello everyone. . .

I sit in the Radio “press room” for my last nightly post on board the beautiful Freedom of the Seas. I was able to do many things today including the Bridge Tour, Flow Rider, FreedomFEST and the Dreamworks “Move It! Move It!” Parade. The Bridge Tour was my favorite activity of all. The Second Officer was generous enough to share many types of the equipment that the officers use on a daily basis. He is very confident in his role as a Bridge Officer and it really shows, based on his enthusiasm about his job.

My adventure on the Flow Rider was less than perfect. I was definitely the oldest guy in line. I think the average age of the participants was 13! I gave it a go and was able to last for a few minutes until I wiped out. It was a lot of fun (but the water was very cold.)

I finished my evening off by enjoying a delicious dinner at Chops Steakhouse. I would have to say that all meals I had this week were very good and I enjoyed conversation with many friends.

We will be arriving into Port Canaveral very early tomorrow morning and as usual I will have photos of our arrival. I have dozens of photos that have not been posted and I will be scanning each Compass for this cruise, as well as other information. I will be doing this over the next several days. Tomorrow I board the Auto Train in Sanford, FL for my trip back home. The first passengers are scheduled to disembark around 6:45AM. I am in no rush and plan to be the last passenger off the ship.

Thanks to everyone for all of the very nice comments. . .and thanks so much for tuning in.

Radio

A view from the Bridge this afternoon. . .

SA18.JPG

This is a view from the Starboard Bridge wing. . .

SA19.JPG

There is a lot of room up here on the Bridge

SA23.JPG

Passengers were waiting along the Promenade, and up to Deck 8 on the

Forward Centrum

SA28.JPG

Kids and Families loved the Dreamworks Parade !

SA29.JPG

My final Sunset on Freedom of the Seas

SA27.JPG

just watched you FOS pull in to port at 430am this morning!!

you did a great review all week. loved all the pictures. i will be sailing on her on Jan 6...now i cant wait. you took great pictures of the Epic while in st Thomas. i will be sailing on her in DEC. so i really enjoyed those as well!!

I hope you had a fabulous time.

safe travels home~

Tiffany

Archived