Confused and Need Advice

jewels89

My mother and I are planning on booking a TA cruise on the Silhouette April 14, 2013. We have narrowed it down to CC (C3) and Veranda (B2). We know B2 would be partially obstructed and I am just wondering what you think would be the best option. It is a total of $300 difference in price.

Is the obstruction such a huge deal? Also, I don't see the option but is it able to book a Guarantee Veranda or would that have been an option on Celebrities website (perhaps its sold out)?

For reference we are looking at C3: 1017 and B2: 6205

Thanks in advance :)

Transatlantic cruises tend not to sell out, or even sell that well; so they often see nice price drops closer to sailing.

If you want to hedge your bet, I'd book the lowest category room you'd find acceptable, then watch the posting for the cruise as things get closer. If you see a price drop BEFORE final payment date, you can grab it. AFTER final pyment, if you see a better room, you can upgrade to it, if the price is anything more than you have on your booking.

If there is not a specific room you want, there is little reason to even book just yet for an April TA. You're very likely safe to wait and watch prices.

If it were me (of course it's not, and I do understand the peace of mind that comes from having a booking in place), I would let the final payment date pass, then look for a bargain.

Also, the GTY rooms don't generally become available until closer to sailing.

Harris

Denver, CO

Transatlantic cruises tend not to sell out, or even sell that well; so they often see nice price drops closer to sailing.

If you want to hedge your bet, I'd book the lowest category room you'd find acceptable, then watch the posting for the cruise as things get closer. If you see a price drop BEFORE final payment date, you can grab it. AFTER final pyment, if you see a better room, you can upgrade to it, if the price is anything more than you have on your booking.

If there is not a specific room you want, there is little reason to even book just yet for an April TA. You're very likely safe to wait and watch prices.

If it were me (of course it's not, and I do understand the peace of mind that comes from having a booking in place), I would let the final payment date pass, then look for a bargain.

Also, the GTY rooms don't generally become available until closer to sailing.

Harris

Denver, CO

\

Thank you so much for your input Harris! It is greatly appreciated. I think that is a great idea, the only reason we are thinking of booking this early is due to the fact that we are using airline points to get back from Rome. So perhaps we will book the airfare and watch the cruise fare closely. We love getting bargains (who doesn't?)

Again, thank you for your suggestions it has helped a great deal! :)

You're most welcome.

It may help ease your mind if you look at the westbound TA's that are sailing this month. You can see the pricing and availability still exist nicely.

I looked at the cruise you're contemplating. It does have a unique (and I think wonderful) itinerary; and the pricing currently is not bad.

If it were me, I would go ahead and book the air, if the current pricing there is that favorable, then I would decide on a number for a veranda, and a Concierge Class room, that I considered my "go" point, and watch the Celebrity site compulsively looking for my price. Mind you I would do this on a TA, but not most itineraries. On that note, the Concierge Class pricing tends to be held more firmly than the veranda cats.

Harris

We are on a TA this month out of Rome

On day 72 before the sailing a guarantee balcony was at $699 and a cc guarantee was at $989 for happy hour

A couple of times before and after that date guarantee balcony sensors rate was $799

We upgrade from inside to balcony about 4 days before the happy hour hit:(

Still at $799 is a great price for 14 days

:eek:

We are on a TA this month out of Rome

On day 72 before the sailing a guarantee balcony was at $699 and a cc guarantee was at $989 for happy hour

A couple of times before and after that date guarantee balcony sensors rate was $799

We upgrade from inside to balcony about 4 days before the happy hour hit:(

Still at $799 is a great price for 14 days

I hateeee decisions! haha, this is for my University graduation present, so really I am at a loss. total it would cost us $2600 for C3... or $2204 for a 2B

After doing several TA's in everything from a suite to an inside, I would go with an outside cabin. It's nice to have some natural light but we have never had much use of the balcony on a TA. There is not much to see and the weather is unlikely to nice enough to sit out. Save the money and treat yourself to some nice dinners in the speciality restaurants and spa treatments. We love TA's, they are so relaxing and there are lots of activities, there is nothing like knowing you can just chill, read a book, watch a movie or work out. Can't understand anyone who does not enjoy a TA.

My mother and I are planning on booking a TA cruise on the Silhouette April 14, 2013. We have narrowed it down to CC (C3) and Veranda (B2). We know B2 would be partially obstructed and I am just wondering what you think would be the best option. It is a total of $300 difference in price.

Is the obstruction such a huge deal? Also, I don't see the option but is it able to book a Guarantee Veranda or would that have been an option on Celebrities website (perhaps its sold out)?

For reference we are looking at C3: 1017 and B2: 6205

Thanks in advance :)

For Eastbound TA's, the Starboard side is considered more favorable because you get the sun. There's a much better C3 cabin available, 9300, should you chose to go with a concierge class cabin. It's in a much better location on the ship.

Archived