Plumbing Issues on the Grandeur

please tell me it was not 3082 which is where i am supposed to be in April!

Hi Robin, I checked out deck 3 several times when I was on the Grandeur 2 weeks ago, and I did not smell anything disagreeable. But those were very transient visits.

Personally I would feel better with staterooms on Deck 8 because we stayed there and experienced no issues. Also, none of the cruise mates we socialize with on Deck 8 experienced any significant issues.

Hi Robin, I checked out deck 3 several times when I was on the Grandeur 2 weeks ago, and I did not smell anything disagreeable. But those were very transient visits.

Personally I would feel better with staterooms on Deck 8 because we stayed there and experienced no issues. Also, none of the cruise mates we socialize with on Deck 8 experienced any significant issues.

Thanks so much for the info!

I'm guessing once Grandeur is repositioned to Baltimore next month, we'll begin to see more member reviews. At least that's my hope. On her current itineraries, reviews aren't too flattering, and I don't see any for the destinations out of Baltimore that've been posted for a few years. I think my wife and I will have to see new member reviews without mention of any stinkiness before we have confidence cruising on Grandeur out of Baltimore as often as we've been on Enchantment. ::: fingers-crossed mode ::: :)

• 2 weeks later...

Subscribing to this thread. I think our group is booking Grandeur tomorrow for this December, but I'll be following this thread closely and if the problems continue we may ditch Grandeur and opt for Explorer again.

Toilet issues are one thing. On our April 11 cruise on Explorer the entire plumbing system was disabled for about 4 hours (!) after we embarked to clear a major clog courtesy of some idiot on the previous cruise. We've had times where toilets wouldn't flush for a bit on every ship we've sailed on, including Allure. On Explorer there was the slight hint of sewer smells in the aft Promenade on one or two occasions.

All in all, not the end of the world.

But toilets backing up on the floor and CONSTANT sewage smells in public areas? That's different.

FWIW we just got off Enchantment and had ZERO issues. There was a funky smell on the pool deck aft doorway area for a few days, but I'm not sure what it ended up being. Public areas inside there was no issues at all.

As we all wait until comes to Baltimore and to see more responses of how the grandeur is doing....I have my fingers crossed and hope all is doing well with the ship! I can't wait to be on the ship again...but 10 day cruise I sure hope the problems have changed to the good.

Sorry but you're wrong!

The biggest trouble we had with toilet issues happened last year on Enchantment. One night stuff (sewer!!) backed up in our bathroom when the tub was draining. And we had trouble with the toilet for the entire 12 day cruise. We realize that things happen so we were compensated and were happy. And we have been on 5 Carnival cruises and never had a problem.

Stuff happens on all cruise lines. Lately Carnival has had a lot of trouble but to say it never happens on RCI is just wrong.

I would agree that all cruise lines has their problems...and I have to say though with the cruise industry with RCCI when there has been problems they have been very considerate and compensate ...compare to airlines ect....are the worst!

Sorry but you're wrong!

The biggest trouble we had with toilet issues happened last year on Enchantment. One night stuff (sewer!!) backed up in our bathroom when the tub was draining. And we had trouble with the toilet for the entire 12 day cruise. We realize that things happen so we were compensated and were happy. And we have been on 5 Carnival cruises and never had a problem.

Stuff happens on all cruise lines. Lately Carnival has had a lot of trouble but to say it never happens on RCI is just wrong.

I would be curious to know which cabin on the Enchantment. We were on in January with friends. They had sewer back up in their bathroom also.

Raw sewage backing up all over floors, soaking carpets, sloshing all over the place .. that is a major health hazard. Why wouldnt the CDC, DPH (or whoever it is that gives ships their cleanliness ratings) force them to take that ship out of service fix the problems, sanitize the hell out of the ship and then re-inspect it to make sure it is fit for passengers.

To call this disgusting is an understatement. Raw sewage?? And the ship is still sailing with new passengers ??

And yet they pretend to be so worried about things like Norovirus .. squish-squish hand sanitizer patrol people ain't gonna help this mess.

That's exactly what I was thinking! It is diplorable that a ship is allowed to sail with passengers under these circumstances. There are major bacterial infections such as C-Diff and Giradia which come form sewage. One does not want to get this type of bacterial invasion as it can be a killer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just another example of the cutbacks and problems with Carnival's maintenance...

Problems like this NEVER happen on Royal...

Someone probably should have mentioned that to Radiance of the Seas back in 2009 when my room flooded twice.

Then again, Radiance was fresh off getting rammed by Carnival Splendor in Puerto Vallarta, so maybe the bad juju was transferred. ;)

Someone probably should have mentioned that to Radiance of the Seas back in 2009 when my room flooded twice.

Then again, Radiance was fresh off getting rammed by Carnival Splendor in Puerto Vallarta, so maybe the bad juju was transferred. ;)

Hehe

It was a corner aft JS on deck 7-I think 7666.

Yuch! 7666 was our cabin on the Enchantment - we didn't have any problems other than a slow flush every now and then. Our friends were in the opposite aft, 7166, and they had major sewer backup.

We're both booked on the Grandeur in the "same" cabins (location wise) next year. I hope they have resolved their sewer problems by then.:o

I have two cruises on her in May and will be sure and report any problems but hopefully the couple of cruises before mine will report back.

I thank you ahead of time ..that you will report back...what floor is your rooms going to be?

I sure hope we do get some reporting back soon.