Bit of a blog - Adventure of the Seas – B2B in the Caribbean – 18th November 2012

Add another person to the list of those that will be eagerly following this blog! We love the Southern Caribbean and will be on AoS for the first time in February, for the second leg of your B2B. Love getting some tips in advance about the ship and some of the ports.

I don't think Drew Devine will still be CD when we sail in February. Would be interested to hear who the CD will be at that time, if it ever gets mentioned during a question/answer time.

Enjoy your cruise!

Dorothy

What date do you sail Dorothy? We are on 2/3

Didn't make Quest.... think I'm getting a bit long in the tooth.... been there seen that too many times I guess..... can you do a search in this thread.... I did note it somewhere.... otherwise I will check with a compass in front of me.... may have been last night or the night before (?)

Gina wasn't on board Calabaza when we sailed on board..... she did prepare our food however.... she is a wonderful chef.

R.I.P Larry Hagman. Heard the news on the TV this morning. Very sad. He was much loved in the UK.

Took breakfast in the MDR this morning. I joined others at a table and had a wonderful time. Couple from Oklahoma who have a cattle ranch and shared their story, 3 people from Finland (who have shopped in St Maarten and bought some beautiful blue diamond jewellery) and a couple from Dundass, outside Toronto. They have 6 children (left behind) and she is following her dream of becoming an artist.

MDR breakfast is a revelation. Not new to me as a dining experience with RCCL but GF was so well catered for. The bread was wonderful and I asked if they had pancakes; now I have to say they didn’t mention it I had to ask for it but it was really really good. The Head Waiter (George) stopped at the table; This is the first time I have encountered a Head Waiter and I told him how appreciative I was of the dietary changes RCCL have made. On a side note they still have Eggs Benedict….. now I thought they had stopped doing that….. I may see if they will do me something similar on the pancakes tomorrow. Oh….. maybe not on the last morning…. I seem to recall they didn’t used to make them on disembarking day…. Hmmm… will have to see.

I stopped a CD staff member on the promenade. Drew has said in his morning TV show that he is off to Freedom of the Seas on the 6th January….. the crew member first said he didn’t know that…. So then I said I guess you wouldn’t know then who is replacing him…. Obviously not d’oh. There’s a CD meet in the Blue Moon in 5 minutes am going to head there and take my WOW card for Danny.

Turns out the meet was with the Captain. Patty was in the lift heading up to deck 14 with a crew member. The lifts were all running very slow. She said out loud, ‘They had better get a move on I have a meeting in 5 minutes’; the crew member replied, ‘Don’t worry. They won’t start without me.’ It was the captain!! What an interesting Q & A and how lovely is Captain Ron. His wife is on board. He finishes his tour on 6th January. Drew also finishes his tour then and he will be replaced by Anthony Richards. The menu is a 3 week cycle however I’m not clear whether that just applies to my GF question or in general. Sunshine Class will be bigger than Adventure but narrower than Freedom, to better negotiate the German rivers. He cracked joke about the New Oasis class : ask the Cruise Critic ladies as they seem to have the information before we do!! Hahaha.

Slot pull. 16 of us in total. Great fun. In just over an hour we all had our initial stake back and had plenty to go on playing with the ship’s money. Thanks to Patty for organising this.

Lunch in MDR. Not great where I am concerned. My GF chicken sliders were delivered after the whole table (7 others) had eaten and left the table. I didn’t want them hanging around for me to eat. I received apologies from various crew members and eventually the food was delivered. It was delicious. The buns had been specially baked and in all really good. The French fries were delivered when I had almost finished eating. I had them bowled up to go as we had the B2B orientation meeting due imminently.

That meeting passed off uneventfully. They gave us the opportunity to get Ice Show tickets and I have grabbed a couple for some people from the new arrivals in case they would like them to save them the hassle of queuing. I am really looking forward to meeting the new people. I am relatively clear as to the procedure for tomorrow. Our lunch is early. 1130. That is assuming we have completed the immigration process; it has been made clear that all timings are approximate. I don’t believe there is flexible dining involved here. Breakfast will finish early tomorrow morning too….9am I believe.

Penny drop moment….. pointing man figure on the promenade is pointing to the promenade webcam…. D’oh. I have realised that if they have had Art Auctions on board they have passed me by…. very unobtrusive…. Will have to read through the Compasses to see if they were held.

Archived