Bit of a blog - Adventure of the Seas – B2B in the Caribbean – 18th November 2012

Have had a moving evening…. AOSMom hope you're still here!! I’ve met Kristian and she is soooo sweet. You have to be very proud. I was reminded of the days when I trained to teach dance…… was so many years ago…. Back then it was my 2nd subject…. Where’d the years go?

Anyway I had to go and upload the last of the day’s pics now as I wanted you to see her…. And then it turns out that there is ‘Make a Wish’ family on board and they turned up as did all the dancers and I felt very privileged to be allowed to stay. I’m sorry the pic isn’t great….. red eye etc…. but you can see that she is well and happy….. and working real hard!!! And I loved the show.

Oh and we're still crawling along.....

Sushi!!

IMG_0540.jpg

(Missing my grandson with that one.... he sure likes his sushi!!)

IMG_0542.jpg

IMG_0543.jpg

IMG_0544.jpg

IMG_0545.jpg

Hi Linda, Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful Blog and Fantastic pictures. I'm really enjoying them both and you are a very talented and entertaining blogger. I hope you had an enjoyable Thanksgiving celebration while on the ship. It certainly looks like you are all having a wonderful time. Can't wait to meet you all on Sunday.

Rhonda

Wow Thanks so much for your Blog , we are going to be on the same cruise as AOSMom in April if you happen to go by the Duck and Dog and snap a picture of the Beers they offer some of our group would love that :cool:

Thanks I love the AOS :D:D

hahaha Linda, of course I'm still here, I have the biggest smile on my face. You are just a sweetheart for taking the time to meet my daughter. She really is having a grand time. The dancers really work hard and I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I'll be sure to pass that along to her. I really love the Make a wish photo too. I echo all your faithfull followers in that you are a natural blogger and very entertaining to read. Well you just made my Thanksgiving!

The pictures you take show up crystal clear and beautiful on my IPad, what make and model is your camera? All of your pics are amazing, but I especially enjoyed those in Antigua and in St. Lucia. Gorgeous thank you for sharing. We are going to be on the AOS for a B2B on Jan. 6th and 13th, so excited, can't wait!

hahaha Linda, of course I'm still here, I have the biggest smile on my face. You are just a sweetheart for taking the time to meet my daughter. She really is having a grand time. The dancers really work hard and I'm glad you enjoyed the show. I'll be sure to pass that along to her. I really love the Make a wish photo too. I echo all your faithfull followers in that you are a natural blogger and very entertaining to read. Well you just made my Thanksgiving!

THAT is AWESOME!! Love the way you could see your daughter via this blog!! We will be sure to look her up if she will be on the 2/3 sailing in a couple of months!!

Doug and Lynne

THAT is AWESOME!! Love the way you could see your daughter via this blog!! We will be sure to look her up if she will be on the 2/3 sailing in a couple of months!!

Doug and Lynne

Hi Doug and Lynne, she will be on your cruise. Barely. Her brother is getting married on Feb 2nd so she'll be home for that and back on the ship the 3rd. She thinks I'm a bit crazy for all this but of course enjoys the attention. hehe Don't want to hijack the blog so I'll send you a friend request.

Late excursion sure looked like an RCCL sponsored one.... not sure how to find out otherwise.

Pictures of Beers..... noted.....

Camera is a Canon Ixus 230 HS though a couple or few more have been from my mobile phone

Wonderful to have so many readers.... blown away by all the attention....

What an awesome day we’ve had. Unfortunately Scott is still unwell so Patty and I head out for the excursion with Calabaza Catamaran without him. The Captain has advised that items of camouflage clothing are not to be worn ashore (baseball hats, trousers etc). The ship is docked too far of a walk in this heat from the cruise terminal and free shuttles are provided. Also in port with us are P&O Ventura and Mein Schiff. They are both parked up next to the terminal. The buses leave promptly and first thing they are full with seated and standing guests. The terminal is modern and has many stores and Duty Free opportunities. The ubiquitous steel drums are playing spiritfully outside. There would also appear to be free WiFi in the terminal.

We meet up with the others on the excursion. They are all CC people! The excursion takes 12 max. So we are now 11. Did I say how awesome the day has been? Promptly at 9 we are approached by a taxi driver…. The different areas are clearly marked for the various tours. We head off, maybe 10 minutes in the van, to the dock where the catamaran is waiting for us. It is crewed by Danny, Andrew and Melvin. They are caring and attentive throughout the day; I can’t think of anything they didn’t do for us.

Just getting me on board makes me nervous….. with my hip making me edgy I need two hands for the really short step from pier to vessel. .This is a beautiful all white craft; at the rear is a table and seating then there is a covered galley with cooking facilities seating and table. Fresh fruit is available. Downstairs are the bathrooms down one lot of steps and down the opposite side are crew quarters. The rear is covered to provide shade. There are steps down into the water on one side and on the other there is ramp for jumping off. At the front of the craft people can sit on the shell or lie on the mesh (like a trampoline only not springy!)

After a brief orientation we head out of port under generated power then transfer to sail. We are offered drinks and banana bread. Some time later fish cakes appear and more liquid refreshment. Did I say how well we were looked after? We pass many exclusive waterside properties including Sandy Lane Resort which I have heard of but will never be able to afford! I guess we were under way for about an hour before we made our first stop.

There are other vessels in the vicinity and this is where we are to meet the turtles. The water is clear and blue. We are provided with snorkel gear; one of the crew, armed with appropriate food, comes into the water with us….. it isn’t long before we can see these wonderful creatures very coolly making their way below us…. I am in awe of them, their grace and beauty…. I’ve swum with dolphins in the past but this is altogether something else.

GF crackers along with dips are offered here. Humous, tzadziki and a mild tomato salsa are on offer. I am overwhelmed at their thoughtfulness. I know there were fish cakes around now or earlier.

At our next stop we are offered flippers to go and look at coral. Fish are making their way around the various areas…. The water changes from warm to less warm in patches….. there are areas of coral. It’s really lovely. I realise we have swum quite a way away from the catamaran and decide to head back. Having forgone the offer of flippers I am regretting that now….. this is great exercise!!

Lunch is served. Couscous, rice, coleslaw, mixed salad, Caesar salad, chicken, fish and vegetarian lasagne. Plenty to go around and very delicious. They had Gluten Free cookies for me, cheesecake and cream for dessert; the others had other cakes.

We then head for a beach where we can swim to and just chill. Perfect. The sail back was uneventful and quite choppy and speedy…. Very exciting. We were back at the pier around 230pm.

I cannot recommend this excursion highly enough. I am not a terrific swimmer but I was absolutely fine and confident of help if I needed it. They had buoyancy aids if people needed to wear something and they had what they called ‘noodles’ for us to hang around on in the water. Shoes are not worn on board. Other vessels we passed doing a similar thing were much more crowded and some were clearly party boats. There is music played throughout… starts off with Jimmy Buffet so Patty is happy then Elton John and other music that I recognise and can sing along too…. Such a perfect day. Patty has taken pic with her waterproof camera. Unfortunately my cables don’t fit her camera so pics of the turtles and me in my gear will have to wait until we get back. I may see if GS have any in lost property…..

This evening I will be attending a Friday night service (I’m Jewish) prior to formal dinner in MDR. There is a Platinum and above event which Patty and I would like to attend as we missed the one earlier in the week. I’d ended last night in the Schooner bar with a couple of CC friends….. the Piano man, Gustavo, is a cross between Javier Bardem (Eat, Pray, Love not Skyfall) and Melanie Griffith’s husband whose name I can’t recall…. Zorro…. With a pony tail and the accent that goes with the look….. I will likely go back again tonight…. Just curious you understand…..

A bit later….. I am alone for Friday night prayers. There are many prayer books, 2 electric candles, 2 bottles of Kosher for Passover wine, glasses, head coverings for men and 3 chollahs (plaited loaves of bread). I say the blessings and sing a song quietly so as not to attract attention from absolutely nobody else. I light the candles and say a prayer for my family, drink the wine, slice off a tiny piece of bread and sprinkle over some salt. Unplug the candles and go. Shabbat Shalom.

Patty borrows my straighteners. I burn my little finger and rush to get iced water to dip it in.

Even later. Dinner was good. Duck soup. Fisherman’s plate. Yummy Baked Alaska. Followed by Crown and Anchor Members Only Platinum and above meeting so I have been to that. Lots of canapés and free alcohol. Just pushed the new offer for European lower deposit next cruise bookings. My finger still hurts. It has been in iced water for over 2 hours.

Tomorrow is a sea day. I may pop by but unlikely. Still not sure about visiting El Yunque rainforest on turn around day. The Explorations Desk couldn’t assure me I would be back in time for our special lunch and I really don’t want to have battle hoards of new boarders around 2pm on Sunday.

Please let me know if there are any specific pictures you would like me to take in the next week whilst I have the chance.

Someone a whilst back was asking about the 2 gents who are on board….. yes they still are. They’ve been on for 6 months already and will be staying on board until May. They attended the meeting this evening in sequined hats.

I’m not quite sure at time of writing how much credit I have left on the internet package I purchased. I do NOT want to go over….they will automatically start charging the higher rate when the package times out. So I may be back tomorrow or then again I may not be back until Sunday again. If you can set me some tasks for the sea days coming up that would be cool! After Saturday there are 2 more….

Tomorrow we have our CC slot pull in the morning followed by lunch in the MDR and in the afternoon a B2B meeting for everyone to go through everything.

What an awesome day we’ve had. Unfortunately Scott is still unwell so Patty and I head out for the excursion with Calabaza Catamaran without him. The Captain has advised that items of camouflage clothing are not to be worn ashore (baseball hats, trousers etc). The ship is docked too far of a walk in this heat from the cruise terminal and free shuttles are provided. Also in port with us are P&O Ventura and Mein Schiff. They are both parked up next to the terminal. The buses leave promptly and first thing they are full with seated and standing guests. The terminal is modern and has many stores and Duty Free opportunities. The ubiquitous steel drums are playing spiritfully outside. There would also appear to be free WiFi in the terminal.

We meet up with the others on the excursion. They are all CC people! The excursion takes 12 max. So we are now 11. Did I say how awesome the day has been? Promptly at 9 we are approached by a taxi driver…. The different areas are clearly marked for the various tours. We head off, maybe 10 minutes in the van, to the dock where the catamaran is waiting for us. It is crewed by Danny, Andrew and Melvin. They are caring and attentive throughout the day; I can’t think of anything they didn’t do for us.

Just getting me on board makes me nervous….. with my hip making me edgy I need two hands for the really short step from pier to vessel. .This is a beautiful all white craft; at the rear is a table and seating then there is a covered galley with cooking facilities seating and table. Fresh fruit is available. Downstairs are the bathrooms down one lot of steps and down the opposite side are crew quarters. The rear is covered to provide shade. There are steps down into the water on one side and on the other there is ramp for jumping off. At the front of the craft people can sit on the shell or lie on the mesh (like a trampoline only not springy!)

After a brief orientation we head out of port under generated power then transfer to sail. We are offered drinks and banana bread. Some time later fish cakes appear and more liquid refreshment. Did I say how well we were looked after? We pass many exclusive waterside properties including Sandy Lane Resort which I have heard of but will never be able to afford! I guess we were under way for about an hour before we made our first stop.

There are other vessels in the vicinity and this is where we are to meet the turtles. The water is clear and blue. We are provided with snorkel gear; one of the crew, armed with appropriate food, comes into the water with us….. it isn’t long before we can see these wonderful creatures very coolly making their way below us…. I am in awe of them, their grace and beauty…. I’ve swum with dolphins in the past but this is altogether something else.

GF crackers along with dips are offered here. Humous, tzadziki and a mild tomato salsa are on offer. I am overwhelmed at their thoughtfulness. I know there were fish cakes around now or earlier.

At our next stop we are offered flippers to go and look at coral. Fish are making their way around the various areas…. The water changes from warm to less warm in patches….. there are areas of coral. It’s really lovely. I realise we have swum quite a way away from the catamaran and decide to head back. Having forgone the offer of flippers I am regretting that now….. this is great exercise!!

Lunch is served. Couscous, rice, coleslaw, mixed salad, Caesar salad, chicken, fish and vegetarian lasagne. Plenty to go around and very delicious. They had Gluten Free cookies for me, cheesecake and cream for dessert; the others had other cakes.

We then head for a beach where we can swim to and just chill. Perfect. The sail back was uneventful and quite choppy and speedy…. Very exciting. We were back at the pier around 230pm.

I cannot recommend this excursion highly enough. I am not a terrific swimmer but I was absolutely fine and confident of help if I needed it. They had buoyancy aids if people needed to wear something and they had what they called ‘noodles’ for us to hang around on in the water. Shoes are not worn on board. Other vessels we passed doing a similar thing were much more crowded and some were clearly party boats. There is music played throughout… starts off with Jimmy Buffet so Patty is happy then Elton John and other music that I recognise and can sing along too…. Such a perfect day. Patty has taken pic with her waterproof camera. Unfortunately my cables don’t fit her camera so pics of the turtles and me in my gear will have to wait until we get back. I may see if GS have any in lost property…..

This evening I will be attending a Friday night service (I’m Jewish) prior to formal dinner in MDR. There is a Platinum and above event which Patty and I would like to attend as we missed the one earlier in the week. I’d ended last night in the Schooner bar with a couple of CC friends….. the Piano man, Gustavo, is a cross between Javier Bardem (Eat, Pray, Love not Skyfall) and Melanie Griffith’s husband whose name I can’t recall…. Zorro…. With a pony tail and the accent that goes with the look….. I will likely go back again tonight…. Just curious you understand…..

A bit later….. I am alone for Friday night prayers. There are many prayer books, 2 electric candles, 2 bottles of Kosher for Passover wine, glasses, head coverings for men and 3 chollahs (plaited loaves of bread). I say the blessings and sing a song quietly so as not to attract attention from absolutely nobody else. I light the candles and say a prayer for my family, drink the wine, slice off a tiny piece of bread and sprinkle over some salt. Unplug the candles and go. Shabbat Shalom.

Patty borrows my straighteners. I burn my little finger and rush to get iced water to dip it in.

Even later. Dinner was good. Duck soup. Fisherman’s plate. Yummy Baked Alaska. Followed by Crown and Anchor Members Only Platinum and above meeting so I have been to that. Lots of canapés and free alcohol. Just pushed the new offer for European lower deposit next cruise bookings. My finger still hurts. It has been in iced water for over 2 hours.

Tomorrow is a sea day. I may pop by but unlikely. Still not sure about visiting El Yunque rainforest on turn around day. The Explorations Desk couldn’t assure me I would be back in time for our special lunch and I really don’t want to have battle hoards of new boarders around 2pm on Sunday.

Please let me know if there are any specific pictures you would like me to take in the next week whilst I have the chance.

Someone a whilst back was asking about the 2 gents who are on board….. yes they still are. They’ve been on for 6 months already and will be staying on board until May. They attended the meeting this evening in sequined hats.

I’m not quite sure at time of writing how much credit I have left on the internet package I purchased. I do NOT want to go over….they will automatically start charging the higher rate when the package times out. So I may be back tomorrow or then again I may not be back until Sunday again. If you can set me some tasks for the sea days coming up that would be cool! After Saturday there are 2 more….

Tomorrow we have our CC slot pull in the morning followed by lunch in the MDR and in the afternoon a B2B meeting for everyone to go through everything.

Hi Linda, Shabbat Shalom, if they do it next Friday you won't be there by yourself.

Thanks for the great updates see you in 2 days.

Rhonda

Archived