Carnival Documents No Longer Say VIP...Now Say Priority

ready2cruzagain

You are right, there may have been a change. I won't know this morning, though, because I got an error message when I tried to open the reservation. I will keep trying. Hope it won't be another half of an ink cartridge to print out a change.

Fareviewer isn't working either.

So I am guessing there is no difference between Platnuim/Diamond and FTTF now. :rolleyes:

Not with regard to VIP check in, though we were told that the FTTF people would not check in via the VIP lounge and would be the 3rd group of people (after handicap and Platinum) to board the ship.

Was just looking at my boarding pass and general documents on Carnival and noticed that they no longer have VIP on them. They now show Priority.

Was wondering if I should print out the new ones that say Priority or just use the ones I already have printed that say VIP.

ready2cruzagain,

I have three bookings already printed with VIP on them. I just checked online and they all three now say Priority. I'm going to use the VIP copies I already have printed, but I'll send copies of the new ones to my cell phone and kindle.

ready2cruzagain,

I have three bookings already printed with VIP on them. I just checked online and they all three now say Priority. I'm going to use the VIP copies I already have printed, but I'll send copies of the new ones to my cell phone and kindle.

That is an excellent idea! I think I will do the same thing.

I agree with Robert in that the perks we receive for being Platinum are great but I would not stop cruising on Carnival if they changed. We cruise on Carnival (and RCI) because we like the ships and the ports we choose. It is nice to receive the perks of being Platinum but that is just icing on the cake. We love cruising and feel we have always been treated well by Carnival, whether it was our 1st, 5th or 10th cruise!

I could be wrong but didn't JH state that FTTF would not effect Platinum and Diamond members and that FTTF would be a separate line?

If above statement is the case then FTTF and Platinum/Diamond members are all together.

Since when should we believe anything JH says?

Back at ya!

Since when should we believe anything CC people say as the folks out here tend to be wrong more then right.

CC people were sure right when the new ViFP program was leaked on here. JH tried to say it wasn't the program and we'd all be pleased when he announced the real one. Well, sure enough what was leaked on here was the program. No, I am not bashing the man, I like him, I'm just saying he can only say what his beards let him and they aren't always forthcoming.

Per the FAQ's on Carnival, this is what it says about the VIP lounge and Diamond, Platinum & Suite guests and the FTTF guests~

Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members and Suite guests will be the only guests to have access to the VIP lounge at embarkation, just as they are today. FTTF guests will not have this benefit, so embarkation will not be impacted in the VIP lounge.

Similar to airlines boarding first class and then elite frequent flyers, etc., we will START with Diamond, Platinum VIFP Club members when embarkation begins. Then we will board FTTF guests.

The number of people who may purchase FTTF will be capacity controlled based upon the number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members booked for the sailing. If a sailing has a significant number of Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members, then we won’t plan to sell many FTTF packages. Conversely, if there are very few Platinum and Diamond VIFP Club members on a particular sailing, then we will be able to sell a few more FTTF packages.

So that means that NO the guests who purchase FTTF will not be allowed to use the VIP lounge~ and they will embark on the ship after Diamond & Platinum guests!

I just asked John about this and this is the response I received.

My question to John

What is the new Priority boarding and have they gotten rid of the VIP room? From what I have read FTTF and VIP are one in the same and there is not going to be any VIP rooms any more.

Response

"not true Paul. The VIP roomis still there and only for VIFPs not FTTF folks so please dont worry. Cheers"

I just asked John about this and this is the response I received.

My question to John

What is the new Priority boarding and have they gotten rid of the VIP room? From what I have read FTTF and VIP are one in the same and there is not going to be any VIP rooms any more.

Response

"not true Paul. The VIP roomis still there and only for VIFPs not FTTF folks so please dont worry. Cheers"

Thanks Paul! I, for one, believe John and am not a bit worried about this. I think it is great that John is there for us and answers our questions. I don't know of any other Cruiseline that does that. :)

Not with regard to VIP check in, though we were told that the FTTF people would not check in via the VIP lounge and would be the 3rd group of people (after handicap and Platinum) to board the ship.

It was like that on my September cruise out of the Port of Miami... The Diamond/Platinum/Suite passengers were in the VIP room and boarded first. The FTTF passengers had their own line in the terminal where everyone else checked in... Then I heard an announcement that went something like "All Zone 1 and FTTF passengers" can now board...

On this particular sailing, if you paid for the FTTF, except for having your cabin ready for you, it wasn't worth paying the $50 as there were no lines and no waiting...

It was like that on my September cruise out of the Port of Miami... The Diamond/Platinum/Suite passengers were in the VIP room and boarded first. The FTTF passengers had their own line in the terminal where everyone else checked in... Then I heard an announcement that went something like "All Zone 1 and FTTF passengers" can now board...

On this particular sailing, if you paid for the FTTF, except for having your cabin ready for you, it wasn't worth paying the $50 as there were no lines and no waiting...

All I can say is that we were on the Valor's Halloween cruise and the FTTF people were with the platinum/Diamond/suite passengers and in some cases even ahead of these passengers in boarding, etc.

Soooooo ... either there is erroneous info or it is not being properly monitored in some places.

That said, any cruise is still a good cruise and as you see, we still have Carnival cruises booked. I do see see the FTTF as a slap in the face to benefits it took us a long time to EARN, not buy.

But, if it keeps prices down ... I can live with it.

Just printed on 11-15 for our 12-16 cruise. Bookings summary still has VIP right beside my booking number. Also, on printed luuggage tags, VIP, is listed by your deck and room number like it always has been. Only change on mine is Faster To The Fun is encircled across from my Booking #.Hope this helps.

THis is only our 5th Carnival cruise but we purchase the Suites. Our trip is Jan 20th I printed ours and they state VIP. Not really sure what the difference is and why.

I printed our luggage tags a couple of months ago and they had VIP on them. Now they have them with PRIORITY so will have to print them over.

I guess it was too confusing with anybody able to be VIFP which is NOT the same as VIP.

Everyone that is stating that you did something last week or last month or last anything besides yesterday, I dose not count this is a change that happened yesterday or maybe the day before. We need info from cruisers boarding this week and next week.

I was told that the only thing that changed was the name from VIP to priority.

Just printed on 11-15 for our 12-16 cruise. Bookings summary still has VIP right beside my booking number. Also, on printed luuggage tags, VIP, is listed by your deck and room number like it always has been. Only change on mine is Faster To The Fun is encircled across from my Booking #.Hope this helps.

Printed mine on 11/14 and they said "VIP". After reading this thread, went and printed again just now and they say "Priority". So, the change was very recent.

I am not worried - although I am Platinum and earned it the old fashion way, the only thing that I really care about is easy boarding and the 3 bags of clothes washing. I'm cool with others paying for early boarding - if Carnival makes more money on them, it keeps the cost down for other things that RCI and others now charge for.

And, can 2/23/13 hurry up and show up already?????

Archived