Carnival Documents No Longer Say VIP...Now Say Priority

ready2cruzagain

Was just looking at my boarding pass and general documents on Carnival and noticed that they no longer have VIP on them. They now show Priority.

Was wondering if I should print out the new ones that say Priority or just use the ones I already have printed that say VIP.

Are you in a suite or Platinum/Diamond? If not and you bought the FTTF package then I think it's supposed to say priority but not sure. If you keep the VIP passes it will get you to the VIP lounge but they may not have your documents which will slow down your boarding.

Are you in a suite or Platinum/Diamond? If not and you bought the FTTF package then I think it's supposed to say priority but not sure. If you keep the VIP passes it will get you to the VIP lounge but they may not have your documents which will slow down your boarding.

We are Platinum and in an inside room. We did not buy the FTTF package. Our documents use to say VIP and now say Priority. Was wondering if they changed everyones documents and there are no more VIP.

Just looked at my boarding pass online for our 12/22 cruise - yep, it says "Priority!" Kinda liked VIP better. I had printed out the old ones months ago, and will print out and bring the new ones also. Worse comes to worse, I'll have a souveneir of the "old days" of VIP!!

We are Platinum and in an inside room. We did not buy the FTTF package. Our documents use to say VIP and now say Priority. Was wondering if they changed everyones documents and there are no more VIP.

Nope, mine said VIP 2 weeks ago...

Just checked the Carnival website and found this:

Priority Check-In Program

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges and guests who purchase the Faster to the Fun program. Cruise tickets for Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe accommodations and those who have purchased the Faster to the Fun program will read, "Please proceed to Priority Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “Priority Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

We offer Priority Check-In at ALL embarkation ports.

SO maybe they have just changed?

I just checked and no more VIP... but now says PRIORITY. The Carnival website was down most of last night for maintainence. I guess this is one of the changes they were making. I am not sure that I like this as well...one more sign that the old Platinimum perks are now for sale for $50/cabin for the FTTF. It sounds like there will be one check in spot at all ports for Priority.

Ours changed also, but I am confused...is VIP the same as Priority? I'm guessing yes....

Sounds like they just changed the name. I wouldn't sweat it. According to the post above, there isn't any VIP lounge anymore,,,it's PRIORITY. ;)

"SKY"

I was going to check my documents but the Carnival site must be down. I see my cruise booking but when I click on it, nothing happens. Oh well, I think I am VIP, Priority, VIFP and richfret. Right? Then again .....................

Probably right... after all... now everyone is viFp.... probably caused some confusion..

Carnival’s Priority Check-In is an exclusive service designed to afford our Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe suite accommodations with special registration privileges and guests who purchase the Faster to the Fun program. Cruise tickets for Platinum, Diamond VIFP guests, those traveling in deluxe accommodations and those who have purchased the Faster to the Fun program will read, "Please proceed to Priority Check-In".

Qualifying guest need only to ask for “Priority Check-In” upon arrival at the cruise terminal. Embarkation staff will ensure that the guests are expedited through the check-in procedure as quickly as is possible, while providing quality service.

I could be wrong but didn't JH state that FTTF would not effect Platinum and Diamond members and that FTTF would be a separate line?

If above statement is the case then FTTF and Platinum/Diamond members are all together.

I just checked and no more VIP... but now says PRIORITY. The Carnival website was down most of last night for maintainence. I guess this is one of the changes they were making. I am not sure that I like this as well...one more sign that the old Platinimum perks are now for sale for $50/cabin for the FTTF. It sounds like there will be one check in spot at all ports for Priority.

coincidently, just got this email from carnival:

Hello, and thank you for providing feedback about your most recent Carnival cruise.

Based upon your cruise feedback, we would like to ask you to tell us what you thought about Carnival’s guest recognition program, the VIFP Club™. This is a very short survey and should only take a few minutes.

You see, the VIFP Club is our way of recognizing cruisers like you with all sorts of benefits and onboard fun. To ensure we’re creating the best experience possible, it’s important to understand how you feel as a member of the VIFP Club. Your feedback is important to us: it gives us insight into what you like and what you don’t, and helps us make vacations that are fun-filled, carefree, and memorable.

Please click the button below to begin your survey, and thank you for your time.

I certainly intend to let them know what we think :mad:

Not that they'll listen or care ... it's all about the $$$

Did you check this morning to see what they say? Seems like everyones was changed during the night.

You are right, there may have been a change. I won't know this morning, though, because I got an error message when I tried to open the reservation. I will keep trying. Hope it won't be another half of an ink cartridge to print out a change.

coincidently, just got this email from carnival:

Hello, and thank you for providing feedback about your most recent Carnival cruise.

Based upon your cruise feedback, we would like to ask you to tell us what you thought about Carnival’s guest recognition program, the VIFP Club™. This is a very short survey and should only take a few minutes.

You see, the VIFP Club is our way of recognizing cruisers like you with all sorts of benefits and onboard fun. To ensure we’re creating the best experience possible, it’s important to understand how you feel as a member of the VIFP Club. Your feedback is important to us: it gives us insight into what you like and what you don’t, and helps us make vacations that are fun-filled, carefree, and memorable.

Please click the button below to begin your survey, and thank you for your time.

I certainly intend to let them know what we think :mad:

Not that they'll listen or care ... it's all about the $$$

Got the same survery but there is no where to leave comments about how we really feel...

We lost our VIP when they introduced FTTF.

We?????????????????????????

I think you said you last Carnival cruise was over 5 years ago.

BTW If you had cruised Carnival as I did last in October you would not that no on "lost" VIP or what ever it's called as of today.

So much bad information out here.

I get an error this morning when I try to view the booking for our cruise that leaves tomorrow too.

What's with the negativity about the vifp program? If it's not what you want in a loyalty program, move on to another line... We've been platinum for a long time and haven't noticed anything going away...

I get an error this morning when I try to view the booking for our cruise that leaves tomorrow too.

What's with the negativity about the vifp program? If it's not what you want in a loyalty program, move on to another line... We've been platinum for a long time and haven't noticed anything going away...

Some peoples eyes are wide SHUT ! icon6.gif

Some peoples eyes are wide SHUT ! icon6.gif

LOL ... Some people are simply negative.. Have there been changes? Yes ?... Is Carnival in the business to make money? Yes.

As a long time carnival cruiser, I'm well aware of the changes that have been made over the years ... Some I liked, some I didn't... I'm just fine with most all the changes in recent years. Carnival keeps upgrading the ships and cruise product ... That is important to us. I have zero issues with the changes that have been made to the platinum perks - and I'm cool with the fttf program as well. Now, if they change to not automatically include platinum in the fttf program - I'll be disappointed... However, at the end of the day, we'll evaluate if the changes make the carnival cruise product still worth it for us. We just aren't arrogant enough to think every change or aspect of the product has to be targeted or even liked by us...

As far as the evil carnival corporation just out for money 'not that I suggest you said this'... I'm cool with them being a for profit company... I enjoy their product and hope they continue to have profitable years...

Enjoy you cruises peeps .... :)

Robert

A lot, but not all the same perks..

Hopefully they will keep it capacity controlled... If not, that would really be the only issue I have with it. The issue of someone paying more to get extra perks doesn't bother me... Im surprised they set the cost so low though.. If it becomes popular, I'd encourage carnival to raise the price... Might as well make a little more money off people wanting to feel special.

Just my opinion, of course...

:)

Archived