Carnival Documents No Longer Say VIP...Now Say Priority

ready2cruzagain

Thank you. Well now I am really confused...a previous poster said all her documents say fttf. So if boarding pass says PRIORITY for all then how would workers know the difference.

Which workers? If it's the ones handling luggage, I would guess all Priority luggage gets handled the same (to the cabins first). If it's the ones inside the terminal handling the boarding, I would guess they look at the color of your S&S card. :confused:

So correct me if I am wrong...basically all Platinum/Diamond members, FTTF and Suite guests have documents that say PRIORITY but JH states that FTTF will not have access to the VIP lounge. So my question is...if all our docs are the same...hmmm ... how will they know the difference?

My thought exactly... It doesnt designate that we are VIP or Platinum or Diamond... so how would they know who goes to the vip lounge where your s and s card would be?? I am thinking the vip lounge will disappear which is okay by me... our friends who were fttf and were actually with us, boarded before us, and we were sent to the vip lounge.... good for them... happy for them... but really....

My guess is there will no longer be VIP check in desk, just a priority check in desk. Then everyone will be lumped together, Diamonds, Platinums, Suites, and FTTF. Like I said this is my guess, but I can see it heading that way.

so do I, there go those perks... I actually believe it will be done away with sooner or later anyway...

I think Carnival is trying to simplify things; if you are Platinum / Diamond, are in a suite, your boarding pass / luggage tags read "priority". If you've purchased FTTF, the logo will appear on your on boarding pass / luggage tags, and they put a sticker on your S&S cards.

At least, that's how it seems to me.

The one thing I do know, is that what is marked on my paperwork, won't have any affect on my vacation:D

Lol.... This is why I could never work with the public (at least not while they're awake) .... Gripe and complain..

Lots of other cruise lines out there.... Just sayn'

Easy enough to say , choose another cruise line when a person obligated to one line " Carnival " . I think it moves beyond gripe and complain,, it actually moves to lied and misleading loyal customers for mere profit . There are reasons people should not work with the public.

I understand your comment . LOL ! Just sayin ......

We are in a suite on the Dream and after seeing this thread I just checked my documents and my VIP luggage tags now have just the FTTF logo on it and no Priority. My boarding pass has priority. Should the luggage tags also have Priority. I have to say that I usually don't complain on these boards but I totally understand that the Diamond/Platinum get the FTTF perks for free but I'm sorry, I think people who get suites should too. We are paying top dollar for the cruise and and we really don't get any perks at all. I am paying extra for it but I think it stinks. I don't understand why they changed the wording, and like others who have posted here who is going to know the difference? I am really frustrated with this now.

:) We cruise several lines... Fact is, we have fun on all of them. I'm sorry some of you are so upset with not being called VIPs anymore... I guess because it is so unimportant to me, I have a hard time understanding the problem... I honestly hope it works out in a way that'll make you all happy :)

Now... Off to finish the last minute packing for tomorrows cruise...

Have fun peeps :)

There is a big difference still! Even with the FTTF program, yes, people who purchase this are getting some perks that the platinum/diamond cruisers are also getting.. HOWEVER..... what the FTTF program cruisers DONT get is access to the VIP Lounge. ALSO, the FTTF cruisers board AFTER the Platinum/Diamond VIFP cruisers. Isn't there also a special brunch or coctail party offered for the Diamond and Platinum members? FTTF doesn't get that either... All theyre getting is earlier access to the ship and their staterooms than the general boarding.

If you would read up on your info and not feed into the hype on here, you might not get so pissy at the similarities because there are still a LOT of differences and PERKS that you will get as a Platinum/Diamond VIFP.

BTW, I have an FTTF for my cruise and my boarding pass says NOTHING about Priority.. All it has on it is the FTTF emblem next to the boarding time.

:) We cruise several lines... Fact is, we have fun on all of them. I'm sorry some of you are so upset with not being called VIPs anymore... I guess because it is so unimportant to me, I have a hard time understanding the problem... I honestly hope it works out in a way that'll make you all happy :)

Now... Off to finish the last minute packing for tomorrows cruise...

Have fun peeps :)

I agree! Have a great cruise!

Okay, so I decided to print our cruise documents tonight after reading this thread. I'm not platinum and the Triumph doesn't have FTTF (and even if it did, I wouldn't spend money on it). So can anyone tell me why all of my documents have PRIORITY all over them and say I am platinum?

DH is already a little (well, a LOT) jealous of my mother daughter trip. This might just send him over the edge. :p

Okay, so I decided to print our cruise documents tonight after reading this thread. I'm not platinum and the Triumph doesn't have FTTF (and even if it did, I wouldn't spend money on it). So can anyone tell me why all of my documents have PRIORITY all over them and say I am platinum?

DH is already a little (well, a LOT) jealous of my mother daughter trip. This might just send him over the edge. :p

Is your travel companion Platinum? Are you in a suite?

No to both. My daughter is going with me this time, and it's her first cruise. We booked a plain old ocean view since DH isn't coming along. It's odd.

My boarding pass says platinum under my name (where it usually says GOLD) and there is a Faster to the Fun logo on both the luggage tags and boarding pass. Again I say, weird.

I'm sure it will get fixed before we sail. I want to be platinum, but not by mistake. Make sense? I have a couple more cruises to go to earn it.

I just tried getting into my cruise docs to make sure everything was correct, and at first it wouldn't let me in, now it will only show me my SIL's cabin docs. To make it more frustrating, the other 5 cabins that are part of our group have disappeared. I love when they upgrade the system--NOT!

Triumph does in fact offer FTTF...you have to access it through the shore excursions... Where it asks what port select Galveston. I spoke with a carnival rep last night inquiring about what it was...

As for your other question, I couldn't begin to offer an explanation. Happy sailing!!

As I stated before. I purchase a Suite because of a disability that I have. I figure if I I want to cruise then it is our responsibility to make me comfortable. (If I can't do that then I don't belong leaving the house). What makes me furious is I am paying so that I get the little extra I need. Now it sounds like that is not going to happen. Little by little Carnival is making it harder for me to Cruise. ( Not saying any line would be better) Darn what do I do?

As I stated before. I purchase a Suite because of a disability that I have. I figure if I I want to cruise then it is our responsibility to make me comfortable. (If I can't do that then I don't belong leaving the house). What makes me furious is I am paying so that I get the little extra I need. Now it sounds like that is not going to happen. Little by little Carnival is making it harder for me to Cruise. ( Not saying any line would be better) Darn what do I do?

What are you not getting?

My cha nged to priority from VIP also, and the embarktion times were also changed from 12pm to 1pm?? I guess it really doesn't matter, last time we cruised our kids were through the line and on the ship before us with no VIP.

They must have - last week my boarding pass also said VIP!!

Out Nov. 6 cruise said VIP and they took us to a special desk and after checking in took us passed all the lines to the boarding gate.We were on the ship in less than 10 minutes. This was NY where the pier was using ship electricity for computers and had no elevators or escalators. I've been platinum for ahwile but this exceeded my expectations.

Archived