Carnival Documents No Longer Say VIP...Now Say Priority

ready2cruzagain

So correct me if I am wrong...basically all Platinum/Diamond members, FTTF and Suite guests have documents that say PRIORITY but JH states that FTTF will not have access to the VIP lounge. So my question is...if all our docs are the same...hmmm ... how will they know the difference?

My guess is there will no longer be VIP check in desk, just a priority check in desk. Then everyone will be lumped together, Diamonds, Platinums, Suites, and FTTF. Like I said this is my guess, but I can see it heading that way.

So correct me if I am wrong...basically all Platinum/Diamond members, FTTF and Suite guests have documents that say PRIORITY but JH states that FTTF will not have access to the VIP lounge. So my question is...if all our docs are the same...hmmm ... how will they know the difference?

I believe someone above said that they bought FTTF and their docs just say FTTF, not Priority.

we will let you know when we get back. We board Next Saturday. It will be interesting to see if we are all lumped together or separated like JH says.

I believe someone above said that they bought FTTF and their docs just say FTTF, not Priority.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the person that stated that above state they printed their docs out some time ago?

That is where I am confused...has anyone with FTTF checked their boarding pass and luggage tags TODAY? This all happened over night.

Correct me if I am wrong but didn't the person that stated that above state they printed their docs out some time ago?

That is where I am confused...has anyone with FTTF checked their boarding pass and luggage tags TODAY? This all happened over night.

No mention of when they checked, but I am curious also now.

The way I see it, is everyone that was VIP before (Platinum or above, or suites) are now called "Priority". The FTTF folks will have FTTF on their documents, not VIP or Priority.

It looks to be a mere change of terms... from VIP to PRIORITY... albeit not anyone letting anyone know they were doing this, which is a whole other issue all together.

I really think people were getting confused with the VIP and the VIFP and the FTTF crap that they had to come up with a way to differentiate TRUE Platinum and above folks and came up with Priority. I guess we'll see how it all pans out!! :rolleyes:

I was finally able to access my reservation and can verify that only "FTTF" and F2F" appear on my cruise docs. Since I will be behind you while boarding, you should never have to deal with me on the cruise. I intended to add a big grin to that sentence, but... maybe not, after all.

I was finally able to access my reservation and can verify that only "FTTF" and F2F" appear on my cruise docs. Since I will be behind you while boarding, you should never have to deal with me on the cruise. I intended to add a big grin to that sentence, but... maybe not, after all.

Thanks for letting us know. Guess Carnival website finally straightened out.

The way I see it, is everyone that was VIP before (Platinum or above, or suites) are now called "Priority". The FTTF folks will have FTTF on their documents, not VIP or Priority.

our boarding pass used to say VIP with the FTTF logo. Now it just says Priority. Our luggage tags used to say VIP with the FTTF logo now they say Priority but still have the FTTF logo

our boarding pass used to say VIP with the FTTF logo. Now it just says Priority. Our luggage tags used to say VIP with the FTTF logo now they say Priority but still have the FTTF logo

Thank you. Well now I am really confused...a previous poster said all her documents say fttf. So if boarding pass says PRIORITY for all then how would workers know the difference.

If you're talking about your November Liberty cruise, that's because Liberty is one of the ships that already has FTTF. That would be why the FTTF logo is showing on your luggage tags.

You are already Platinum, right? If you are Platinum or above, and on a ship with FTTF, you are automatically given that status, you don't have to pay for it.

If you're talking about your November Liberty cruise, that's because Liberty is one of the ships that already has FTTF. That would be why the FTTF logo is showing on your luggage tags.

You are already Platinum, right? If you are Platinum or above, and on a ship with FTTF, you are automatically given that status, you don't have to pay for it.

Sorry, that was supposed to quote Catrin. Oops!!

I printed our luggage tags a couple of months ago and they had VIP on them. Now they have them with PRIORITY so will have to print them over.

So are you saying that for those (like myself) who allready printed out our pass and luggage tags that say priority have to reprint them out??

I have FTTF passes, they say FTTF and not Priority. I think that makes it a little clearer.

It seems like they use FTTF as the symbol for luggage that is to be delivered first. Probably easier for the luggage folks to see a logo than to read each tag.

Boarding passes seem to differentiate between FTTF and Priority for boarding and lounge purposes.

It seems like they use FTTF as the symbol for luggage that is to be delivered first. Probably easier for the luggage folks to see a logo than to read each tag.

Boarding passes seem to differentiate between FTTF and Priority for boarding and lounge purposes.

That makes sense:) My tags for Destiny in Jan and Liberty in Oct have both FTTF and Priority.

My tags for Miracle in April have only Priority because Miracle is not FTTF ship yet.

I printed our luggage tags a couple of months ago and they had VIP on them. Now they have them with PRIORITY so will have to print them over.

So are you saying that for those (like myself) who allready printed out our pass and luggage tags that say priority have to reprint them out??

Yep. You probably could still use the ones you printed early. However, it might confuse those who are supposed to get your luggage to your cabin early.

I always download my docs right away but never print them until right before the trip. Less paper for me to lose. I doubt it will be a big issue if you have the old tags. Just seems like it is one of those changes to make things easier at port and to signify the difference between different types for the operations folks.

I get an error this morning when I try to view the booking for our cruise that leaves tomorrow too.

What's with the negativity about the vifp program? If it's not what you want in a loyalty program, move on to another line... We've been platinum for a long time and haven't noticed anything going away...

Thats because their where no perks for being platinum anyway.

I have booked two cabins on Triumph March 2013. Wife and I are Platinum and our luggage tags, as of today say Priority. For the second cabin I purchased F2F and that is what ist says on those luggaqge tags. My PVP says Priority boards first and plan is the same as VIP. Nothing has changed. F2F can not come into the Priority Lounge for Platinum/Diamond. They will board after Priority folks. On some of the ships F2F is limited to 15 cabins per sailing. Platinum/Diamond still have our perks.

Archived