My awesome bar package expierence

AUNTDEBBA

I drink the frozen drinks (which are under $10), Pina Colada, Mango Colada, Kiss on the Lips ... these ARE included in the "Cheers" program correct? what about if I order a Kiss on the Lips while at dinner (in the MDR) - is that one covered?

You answered your own question...yes, it's covered whether you order it on the Lido deck or in the dining room since Kiss on the Lips are under 10 bucks. Also, normal shots are included, but promotional shots in shot glasses that you buy are not.

It says the drinks are unlimited but there is a flag after 15 drinks and a manager will decide whether or not you will get more drinks. I am sure what they are saying if you are really drunk they will refuse you service and get a manager to tell you. If you are in the yellow zone meaning not totally wiped out they will serve you. I know my DS can drink beer all day long and not be drunk after dinner he would have a few more and than head to bed. Of course his size shows it, me I could maybe have 5 and be totally wasted.The thing is if you want more than 15 be sure to have alot of food and some water during the day.

I purchase the program in November on the splendor on a 7 day cruise for 2 people the total was 690 dollars that included gratuity. All alcoholic drinks under10 dollars including soda and juice were included . Bottled water is not included . You can get the drink of the day but you cannot get any of the drinks in specialty cups. You can get all the fruity non alcoholic drinks your drinks are calculated from 6am to , 6am I tried many drinks I would ordinarily not purchase and it was nice to not have to

So if you purchase it on the second day is it 6 days time the 42.95 plus tip

Yes, assuming you are talking about a 7 day cruise.

Sodas and other drinks are not included in the 15 drink limit the only thing included are alcoholic beverages they don't you just automatically cut you of we witnessed this first hand I hope this information helps Cheers

There is no 15 drink limit in the program policy. The system just tags you after 15 alcoholic drinks are served in a 24hr period and then a manager will judge if for the guests safety they will continue to serve them or not. If someone is cut off at 15 it is because of a manager's decision.

Full details: http://www.*****/info/carnival/barprogram.php

Just got off the Breeze yesterday and we had the cheers program. We loved it...getting to try all the different drinks and not concerned about the bill. There is NO 15 drink limit. If you are drunk they might cut you off at 15 but never heard of that happening.

Just got off the Breeze yesterday and we had the cheers program. We loved it...getting to try all the different drinks and not concerned about the bill. There is NO 15 drink limit. If you are drunk they might cut you off at 15 but never heard of that happening.

Thanks for posting here.

So on the Breeze there is no automatic 15 drink limit?? There have been such varying reports about this on the other ships....I was just talking to my friend last night about this. He sailed the Victory in October and purchased the program and he was clearly told AND it was in the paperwork that he signed that there was a 15 alcoholic drink limit per day.

Also, did you ever happen to order a drink with a floater?? I know it says that these are not included but I was wondering what happened and if anyone tried. My friend told me that he would just order a Miami Vice and then a couple of minutes later order a shot of dark rum to pour on top instead of ordering it as a floater.

Both of these items do not change the fact that I am planning on purchasing the program next month. 15 drink limit would be more than enough for me personally ....and as I said there is a way around the floater issue.....But I guess I am just curious ;)

I know it's been said a million times....THERE IS NO 15 DRINK LIMIT!

After 15 a manager simply must verify the guest has not been over served. That should happen all day long by bartenders anyway, the software just forces a manager double check at a certain level.

Different question

Do you have to line up at one of the bars to sign up for this or do you take care of it upon check in?

I just remember when we used to get the soda cards for the kids that we had to stand in line to get them (and waste valuable cruise time) and worried the same to be true for the bar package.

You sign up for it after you get onboard. They have tables set up to sign up or you can do it at the bars. They place a small sticker that says CHEERS on your sign and sale card. When you order a drink you must wait 5 minutes before you can order another drink even if its a soda. There is NO 15 drink limit on the Breeze. I just got off the Breeze yesterday.

Just got off of Celebrity Summit and had the package but since I travel with VTG Hosted Singles Cruises the last two times my "Matched Roomies" weren't drinkers but Celebrity doesnt have this policy that everyone in the cabin has to get it, so yeah to Celebrity.

It was reported previously on the boards that there was a 5 minute waiting period between the time that you could order another drink. Was this true? Because then it would be difficult to order a beer and a shot at the same time. Edit....just read your follow up post that answered my question.

Do they ring up soda orders when you get a free soda with the Cheers Program? Someone mentioned you must wait 5 minutes between ordering a cocktail and a soda...but with the soda card, I've never seen the sodas being rung up when the card is used. If it's the same with the Cheers program, couldn't you simply order a soda from another bar/bartender if it's been less than 5 minutes since you ordered a cocktail?

Do they ring up soda orders when you get a free soda with the Cheers Program? Someone mentioned you must wait 5 minutes between ordering a cocktail and a soda...but with the soda card, I've never seen the sodas being rung up when the card is used. If it's the same with the Cheers program, couldn't you simply order a soda from another bar/bartender if it's been less than 5 minutes since you ordered a cocktail?

Obviously the Cheers program is in fact slightly different from the bottomless bubbles program and you need to wait 5 minutes in between orders. Since all of the registers are in the same system, the second bartender would be alerted when the second drink was ordered, whether it be alcoholic or just a soda. The only time, IMHO that it would be a slight hassle is if you wanted to order a shot and a beer or if you wanted to order a little extra rum or tequila to go on top of your frozen drink, since the "floaters" are excluded from the program. You would have to wait 5 minutes between ordering the two items.

My biggest question (sorry if this is covered, but i couldn't see it). I think this would cover embarkation day as you have a night to use it, but does it force you bo pay for debarkation day? I mean I use self debarkation and wouldn't be on the ship at all that day... so do I have to pay for that day?

My biggest question (sorry if this is covered, but i couldn't see it). I think this would cover embarkation day as you have a night to use it, but does it force you bo pay for debarkation day? I mean I use self debarkation and wouldn't be on the ship at all that day... so do I have to pay for that day?

Yes I think it does because for a 7 day it is 350.00 per person per cabin. I guess you could stay up and drink alot after midnight on debarkment day.

No you do not pay for the debarkation day. We cruise on a 6 day Breeze cruise from Sunday 12/2 - 12/8. Our total bill was $592 so we paid for 6 days.

And my husband can definitely confirm that there is no 15 drink limit on the Breeze.

He had also ordered a drink from 2 different bartenders. They gave him both drinks but told him that the system won't let them do both within 5 minutes so he would be back in a few minutes with the 2nd receipt.

We were on that same cruise and got the package.my friend hit her limit they assessed her and continued serving her with no charge however we met a couple who was charged night before i guess it depends on who is serving u

How do they assess you exactly? :confused: Just wondering!! :D

How do they assess you exactly? :confused: Just wondering!! :D

They do this all the time actually. I have seen and know people who have had their Sign & Sail cut off from ordering drinks and I also know someone who lost their My Awesome/Cheers privileges for a period of time due to being overly intoxicated.

A day is calculated from 9:00 AM- 8:59 AM, so your last day is really over at 3:00-4:00 when the last bar closes. If you decide to purchase the package on day one, you lose about 3 hours of drinking if you get on board at 12 Noon. If this upsets you, then start on day two with a full day at 9:00 AM with a Mimosa, Bloody Mary or your drink of choice. ;)

I was on the Victory in Sept. and also use self debarkation. I had drinks that morning with the program.... no charge. Every time you order a drink the receipt reads "Awesome Bar" and $0.00

Archived