My awesome bar package expierence

AUNTDEBBA

I didn't think I was advocating a T&C for every purchase. Let me revise what I said so I am clear:

It's beyond me how it's possible to sell this and yet not make it clear exactly what it is that you are buying.

I am not disputing that the "ease" and "known expense" are reason alone for many to be satisfied with the program.

I am simply registering my disbelief that Carnival could sell something like this without somewhere and somehow defining the terms and conditions of the sale.

If it's a hard limit of 15 drinks a day, fine. If it's a sobriety assessment at 15 drinks, fine. Whatever it is, fine. But somewhere they must say something about the limitations, no?

I think the problem is with the employees not understanding the program. It sounds like everyones experience with the program is different because it is up to each individual bartender what the rules mean.

Hopefully they get the wrinkles ironed out, I think it could be (is) a good program, but it sure would be nice to know what your bartender believes the rules are before purchase.:D

If you have a couple drinks at dinner at $7 or up a drink and a couple sodas by the pool it seems to be a good price. I would not get my moneys worth, but my hubby having a couple of sods or beers by the pool and a couple of drinks during the eveing activies he would. Being that we will be in 2 different cabins traveling with our kids he would benefit from the package. (being i will be listed in a different cabin I would not have to purchase it).

Celebrity's top package is about $60 per day incl. tip for almost any drink allowed whether alcoholic or non and no limit and not all in the cabin have to purchase. They have it right. CCL has too many limitations and rules to make it worth while and successful long term.

From what they told me its calculated 6 am to 6 am. But even though I bought the package I could be wrong as anoth OP posts someone reached there limit but continued to be served whereas I was told you needed to pay after 15. Since I never hit 15 I really can't verify. I would imagine that unless you

Read the boards you would know about it. There were no signs in the Lobby Bar advertising it.

Cokes do not count towards your 15 drink

Limit

You don't have to get your own drinks just hand your card to your travel mate and they can get your drink for you

As you can tell from the responses it's still vague and a little chaotic even on the same cruise. Passengers and crew remain confused

I agree with previous poster they would do well to mimic Celebrity's package as understandable by all. Everything covered including water, speciality coffee and Bloody Beers:).

I know if it is offered on a ship I am on I will purchase the package.

The nice part of the program is you do not have to purchase the package

so if it is not right for you

there are to many limitations for you

if it is not as good as another companies drink package

your travel companion in the same room does not drink and you feel that you won't get your moneys worth

purchase your drinks individually as we have been doing for years and leave the package to the people that find it a good and reasonable program

Can anyone please tell me if the drinks offered at the taste bar are included in the my awesome bar package? They are specifically not excluded in the restrictions (unless you consider it promoted and sold in souvenir glass), but was wondering if someone who purchased the package has an answer. Thanks.

Can anyone please tell me if the drinks offered at the taste bar are included in the my awesome bar package? They are specifically not excluded in the restrictions (unless you consider it promoted and sold in souvenir glass), but was wondering if someone who purchased the package has an answer. Thanks.

Good question....they are less than 10 bucks so they should be included. They are meant to compliment the taste bar offerings, so unless they are special concoctions that are not usually on one of the menus on board, they should be ok. If they are special drinks, they could be construed as being a special promotion and not included for some reason.

I notice that in the official FAQ that nowhere do they use the word unlimited.

http://www.carnival.com/Funville/blogs/faqs/archive/2012/09/26/what-is-the-quot-my-awesome-bar-program-quot.aspx

But it also says one price for your whole cruise. And I don't see where it says limited either.

Kinda confusing with what others are posting.

Dawn

If you have a couple drinks at dinner at $7 or up a drink and a couple sodas by the pool it seems to be a good price. I would not get my moneys worth, but my hubby having a couple of sods or beers by the pool and a couple of drinks during the eveing activies he would. Being that we will be in 2 different cabins traveling with our kids he would benefit from the package. (being i will be listed in a different cabin I would not have to purchase it).

Oooh! Now there's a great tip! We always book one of us in the kids cabin-never thought of this.

Does anyone have experience getting a drink for spouse with sail and sign card and one for self with your card? I wonder if they make each person go to the bar for the drink?

Was able to purchase 2 drinks at a time with 2 seperate cards. Although they knew us both by the end of the first day and most times the other half was within eyesight. Other couples cruising with us didn't mention any issues either.

Lastest program details: http://www.*****/info/carnival/barprogram.php

Was able to purchase 2 drinks at a time with 2 seperate cards. Although they knew us both by the end of the first day and most times the other half was within eyesight. Other couples cruising with us didn't mention any issues either.

Lastest program details: http://www.*****/info/carnival/barprogram.php

http://www.*****/info/carnival/barprogram.php

From post number 40. Of course I can only consume about 7, hubby much more. He's a big guy and enjoys beer by the pool on the Lido deck.

Lastest program details: http://www.*****/info/carnival/barprogram.php[/quote

Thanks for the answer and posting the link. Could you tell me when/where you can purchase the program? Is it available immediately after boarding?

Lastest program details: http://www.*****/info/carnival/barprogram.php[/quote

Thanks for the answer and posting the link. Could you tell me when/where you can purchase the program? Is it available immediately after boarding?

Just got off the Splendor today. The package is available from most bars and on embarkation day, they had a table set up on the mid pool area with someone selling it. You have to buy it either the first or the second day and it was available as soon as you board. You do not get charged sales tax on the package but you will be charged sales tax on the individual drinks until the ship gets into international waters.

I see drinks from the mini bar are not included. I wonder if the bar tenders would serve a couple beers unopened, so you could put in the fridge for a later time to drink?

Yes, but they have to be purchased 5 minutes apart, because you can only purchase 1 drink at a time and you need to wait 5 minutes in between purchases.

Archived