My awesome bar package expierence

AUNTDEBBA

Is it true that the program has to go on one card even if 2 people are in the cabin and on sepetate S&S accounts?

Since I haven't actually participated in the program yet, I can't say for sure but I am willing to bet that it goes on your individual S&S accounts and wouldn't have to go on one credit card for both of you. Is that what you were asking?

So if wife and I both have this can I go to the bar and get drinks for both of us if I take both set sail cards? Or do we both have to go up to the bar to get drinks for both of us?

Technically, you both need to go up. It is common practise that if you have both cards and they know the both of you (which the bartenders do for frequent patrons) or can see the second person they usually don't hesitate to give you both drinks.

No, they are not included.

We drank vodka and Red Bull on our last cruise, and I'm positive it was under $10 for one with the cheaper brands of vodka. I wonder if you can order this, even though you can't just get a full can of red bull with the program? My husband will be a lot less likely to do the Cheers package if he can't get vodka/red bull cocktails.

We drank vodka and Red Bull on our last cruise, and I'm positive it was under $10 for one with the cheaper brands of vodka. I wonder if you can order this, even though you can't just get a full can of red bull with the program? My husband will be a lot less likely to do the Cheers package if he can't get vodka/red bull cocktails.

It specifically says that energy drinks are not included on the fliers that have been posted online. I also have never seen a vodka/redbull cocktail officially listed as a drink option on a Carnival Bar Menu. When you purchased it before on board, was the Red Bull priced separately? I have to assume that it was since it is an expensive mixer, unlike soda or juice.

It seems like in your case you'd do better with a bottle from bon vogage. Its expensive but I think overall worth the money. $50 a day doesn't seem too bad especially if it includes sodas, but we brought our 2 bottles of wine and BV dept and bought a couple of specials which aren't included, and we spent about 395.

So if wife and I both have this can I go to the bar and get drinks for both of us if I take both set sail cards? Or do we both have to go up to the bar to get drinks for both of us?

My DH and I were on the Splendor for the Thanksgiving cruise and that is exactly what we did. They did not require us to both be there.

It specifically says that energy drinks are not included on the fliers that have been posted online. I also have never seen a vodka/redbull cocktail officially listed as a drink option on a Carnival Bar Menu. When you purchased it before on board, was the Red Bull priced separately? I have to assume that it was since it is an expensive mixer, unlike soda or juice.

Don't recall it on a menu, we just ordered a vodka and Red Bull, and I believe it was around $10 with gratuity. We may just bring our own Red Bull. I'm surprised they don't offer this on the menu - it's a very popular drink.

By the second day, if you are getting your drinks from the save few bar servers (same pool area, dining room table, bars) you won't even need your card. They will remember your number and just enter it in.

...Anyone know what cruises are next???:)

No, they are not releasing a schedule.

If I was to guess it will be something like adding 2 new ships a week for next couple months. So looking at end of Feb. 2013 before it's fleetwide - but that is just one man's guess.

No, they are not releasing a schedule.

If I was to guess it will be something like adding 2 new ships a week for next couple months. So looking at end of Feb. 2013 before it's fleetwide - but that is just one man's guess.

Thank you! I hope Glory is in the next couple of weeks.

A question that I haven't seen the answer to yet: I know the 15% gratuity charged at the time of purchase. Those that have used it; do you still tip when you order a drink? And if so do you just tip the waiters/waitresses or the bartenders as well

supposedly they pool all the tips from the program, and the servers get a percentage. But I mostly went to the same bar, and I tipped out the servers at the end of the week.

You can always add on a gratuity to your slip, or give them a buck or 2 when you get your drink. (whoever serves you)

We asked our pool server (who served us most of our drinks) how the tipping worked and he said they didn't know b/c it was the first week on that ship. So we gave him and our dining room server a nice tip at the end of the week b/c if they only got a portion of the actual tip we paid on the Cheers program, they weren't getting nearly that what they would have gotten if we had not been on the Cheers program.

How do you go about signing up for this program?

If you're cruising on one of the 8 different ships that now has the program, you can sign up at the Lobby bar, one of the Lido bars or at a special desk where you also can sign up for the Bottomless Bubbles Program. You can't sign up before you get on board.

I think it's foolish on Carnivals part to require everyone in the room to purchase this. My wife doesnt drink, and the couple going with us has one person that doesn't drink.

He and I would have purchased this if not for that rule. Instead we'll Bon Voyage / Room service our drinks and Carnvial will be out roughly $500 because of the limitation.

So, I have actually read all 146 posts in this thread and would like to thank everyone who is sharing their stories.

2 Questions that I do not think I have seen the answer to are...

1. Can you order a bottle or can of beer and not have it opened?

2. If I want to buy the DoD in the souvenir cup or a shot in the Carnival shot glass, can I and what would I pay for it?

Thanks again

-F-

This thread proves my previous post about Celebrity getting it right. Their premium program is about $60 per day and includes ANY BEVERAGE UP TO $12. If you order over that you merely pay the difference, and no limits. Easy. Too many can't do this and can't do thats with Carnival. Just look at all of the confusion here.

I think it's foolish on Carnivals part to require everyone in the room to purchase this. My wife doesnt drink, and the couple going with us has one person that doesn't drink.

He and I would have purchased this if not for that rule. Instead we'll Bon Voyage / Room service our drinks and Carnvial will be out roughly $500 because of the limitation.

Why not switch up the bookings, then, and book yourself and the other person who drinks in one cabin?

This thread proves my previous post about Celebrity getting it right. Their premium program is about $60 per day and includes ANY BEVERAGE UP TO $12. If you order over that you merely pay the difference, and no limits. Easy. Too many can't do this and can't do thats with Carnival. Just look at all of the confusion here.

There's really not very much "can't do this and can't do that" - you can't get a drink over $12, and you can't get anything in a promotional glass/cup. It's pretty simple. You can buy the promotional cups by themselves, as my 11 year old daughter did on our last cruise.

Archived