My awesome bar package expierence

AUNTDEBBA

Thank you... Exactly... And he is correct for each their own. It's not for everybody.... Sounds like maybe he only has one drink during dinner or I have read about people that leave the dinner table and go back to their room and get another glass of wine or go fix another drink ... I'm just saying that's not for me. We usually don't drink wine or liquor all day... It's nice to have a frozen drink or have a beer in the early in the afternoon so it works for us. We will be buying it on our New Years trip on the liberty... We were happy that is was added it to that ship.

Shouldnt assume .Im a bartender and just know better.Your paying for convenience not value.I would rather upgrade my cabin or use that $700 for one of our fares

Shouldnt assume .Im a bartender and just know better.Your paying for convenience not value.I would rather upgrade my cabin or use that $700 for one of our fares

Nobody said the package was a value... Drinking on any cruise ship is not a value....yes convenience... That is the joy of choices ... I choose to buy the package because its now offered and you get to do what makes you happy. There is no wrong decision if we are happy with what we choose. :)

....and maybe some find value in it if they prefer beer, to enjoy a variety of drinks or the convenience of being served quickly anywhere on the ship.

....and maybe some find value in it if they prefer beer, to enjoy a variety of drinks or the convenience of being served quickly anywhere on the ship.

If you read my other posts from last night I do indeed get buying the package if beer is your drink of choice because they are so expensive onboard,but for myself that would make me really mad to pay that price knowing how cheap you can buy a case of beer for

Its ok to have different opinions guys :)

If you read my other posts from last night I do indeed get buying the package if beer is your drink of choice because they are so expensive onboard,but for myself that would make me really mad to pay that price knowing how cheap you can buy a case of beer for

Its ok to have different opinions guys :)

It's basically a rifle vs shotgun thing. With the rifle approach, you're limited to the 1 or 2 bottles that you buy from BV and whatever soda, lemonade or iced tea you wish to mix it with. On the other hand, with the shotgun approach, you can have a Bloody Mary or Mimosa with breakfast, a couple of frozen drinks or ice cold beers pool side in the afternoon, followed up with martini's at happy hour before dinner, a Bailey's or kahlua with your coffee after dinner, and ending the day with drinks of your choice and maybe a shot or two.

Some people may prefer the rifle approach because that is what they were accustomed to because of BV purchases or smuggling. But, with the Cheers program, the shotgun approach can be achieved and cruising can now be similar to vacationing at a land based all-inclusive.

I'm still debating if we're going to get one. I think I may get one for my husband but not me (we are in different cabins). I'll enjoy a drink or two but the kids are with us and I can't see me drinking 8 drinks in a day to make my money's worth ???

I just can't decide.

I'm still debating if we're going to get one. I think I may get one for my husband but not me (we are in different cabins). I'll enjoy a drink or two but the kids are with us and I can't see me drinking 8 drinks in a day to make my money's worth ???

I just can't decide.

Just have hubby "buy" your drinks on his card! :)

Just have hubby "buy" your drinks on his card! :)

Yeah I am in the same Boat (sorry). We booked two rooms so we could have the kids in a separate cabin, but of course they wouldn't let us do that... so we have me and my wife in "separate" cabins. I plan to get the plan for myself, but I think it would be awfully easy to get a drink and hand it to someone else 5 minutes later....

So I can definitely understand them wanting folks to have them buy it for a whole cabin.

Ok, I have a question, since Hubby and I are in different cabins with the kids for booking purposes, does this mean we cannot purchase the Cheers program? I mean the kids are to young to drink. I am confused!

Over 21. If only one drinks then booking your cabin this way is the way to go

Do NOT get caught doing this because they will take the card and then you will be without the rest of the week-- on top of losing that money

How do you know this ? Are their drink police watching who drinks a particular drink at a certain time

I think you'd have to really flaunt it, like sit at the bar and share...

Even sharing I dont think anyone would care.I have smuggled ,and shared the $50+ soda card with my wife.We also buy bottles from Bon Voyage

Their is no need to rip people off ,price things right and its a win win

Carnival Cheerleader :)

Over 21. If only one drinks then booking your cabin this way is the way to go

Thank you for your answer, we are really looking forward to trying this on our cruise in June on the Breeze. Since it seems most of our money on board is alcohol anyway, this should help with the final bill!

Does anyone know if they are doing this program on the shorter 4 day cruises? I cruise Victory in March, right around spring break time, and am really curious whether or not this will be offered. It makes more sense for Carnival to offer it on longer cruises with more ports and less sense (from their perspective) for shorter cruises with fewer ports and a younger croud.

Does anyone know for sure?

Does anyone know if they are doing this program on the shorter 4 day cruises? I cruise Victory in March, right around spring break time, and am really curious whether or not this will be offered. It makes more sense for Carnival to offer it on longer cruises with more ports and less sense (from their perspective) for shorter cruises with fewer ports and a younger croud.

I haven't heard on carnival....I did see where rccl was going to start an all inclusive package next year and specifically said 7 night and longer

The program is already on the Victory why would they take it away:confused:

Ok, I have a question, since Hubby and I are in different cabins with the kids for booking purposes, does this mean we cannot purchase the Cheers program? I mean the kids are to young to drink. I am confused!

I believe I saw that you must purchase the Bottomless Bubbles (soda card) for anyone under 21 in the cabin

Where has this been stated? We bought the program a couple weeks ago on the Legend and loved it. Going to HMC in April and were looking forward to using it there.

Someone asked JH on either his blog or his Facebook page and he specifically said that the Cheers program did not extend off of the ship into Half Moon Cay. HMC is owned by Princess, and even though it is part of the Carnival Corp family.....:confused:

Archived