My awesome bar package expierence

AUNTDEBBA

There's really not very much "can't do this and can't do that" - you can't get a drink over $12, and you can't get anything in a promotional glass/cup. It's pretty simple. You can buy the promotional cups by themselves, as my 11 year old daughter did on our last cruise.

what is nice about Celebrity is that its alittle more per day than carnival but it includes everything....coffees...fresh squeezed orange juice..red bull ...bottle water etc

I think it's foolish on Carnivals part to require everyone in the room to purchase this. My wife doesnt drink, and the couple going with us has one person that doesn't drink.

He and I would have purchased this if not for that rule. Instead we'll Bon Voyage / Room service our drinks and Carnvial will be out roughly $500 because of the limitation.

Why not switch up the bookings, then, and book yourself and the other person who drinks in one cabin?

That's the answer if you really wish to be creative and be able to participate in the program. Some people though can't think "outside the box" at times.

So, I have actually read all 146 posts in this thread and would like to thank everyone who is sharing their stories.

2 Questions that I do not think I have seen the answer to are...

1. Can you order a bottle or can of beer and not have it opened?

2. If I want to buy the DoD in the souvenir cup or a shot in the Carnival shot glass, can I and what would I pay for it?

Thanks again

-F-

Yes, you can order a can or bottle of beer and not have it opened in case you wish to take it back to your cabin, keep it chilled and enjoy it later that night or whenever. If you wish to buy a drink in a souvenir cup or a shot in the shot glass, you would pay full price for them since they are not included in the program. Shot glasses would be difficult to get, but if you really wanted a plastic souvenir DOD glass, you can usually find one laying around pool side in the late afternoon that someone left behind.

Thanks to all who have posted useful insight into the new CHEERS program.

We have a disabled son who will soon be 21. He can't drink.

Wondering what Carnivals's policy would be in this situation.

We are NOT willing to pay for this program he obviously can't use.

It would be very cost prohibitive to have to pay for him.

I suspect that we would need to get a higher up's approval to have him unincluded.

Just a thought, don't expect anyone would have the definitive answer.

Wondering if the stated all adults over 21 MUST enroll is too rigid for unique cases like ours. :confused:

Thanks to all who have posted useful insight into the new CHEERS program.

We have a disabled son who will soon be 21. He can't drink.

Wondering what Carnivals's policy would be in this situation.

We are NOT willing to pay for this program he obviously can't use.

It would be very cost prohibitive to have to pay for him.

I suspect that we would need to get a higher up's approval to have him unincluded.

Just a thought, don't expect anyone would have the definitive answer.

Wondering if the stated all adults over 21 MUST enroll is too rigid for unique cases like ours. :confused:

Per John Heald's Facebook posts, there are NO exceptions to the rule that everyone 21 or older in the same stateroom must purchase the package. No exceptions for illness, pregnancy, etc.

You could always sail on a different line. A girlfriend just sailed Celebrity and there are no requirements regarding everyone in a cabin buying in. The package is $44 a day plus 15% gratuity and includes drinks that are $10 or less, bottled water, and specialty coffees. No limit per day. :cool:

Celebrity's top package is about $60 per day incl. tip for almost any drink allowed whether alcoholic or non and no limit and not all in the cabin have to purchase. They have it right. CCL has too many limitations and rules to make it worth while and successful long term.

Thanks for the info! We leave tomorrow on CC Conquest...my hubby doesn't drink :( and he would be furious to have to buy one! I usually drink, but I may be sober (except on the Islands lol)..and may try Celebrity next time!

For the life of me I cannot understand why people would pay around $100 per couple per day for a limited drink program.You can buy a bottle for the cabin for most liquors $60 and either buy the soda sticker or utilize the free juices and iced tea from room service or the buffet in the morning.

For $700 for the week you can get a whole lot of bottles ,add the soda sticker and have quite the week onboard:)

A quick google search you can find any type of drinks you like(and learn how to make it) and as tacky as it is you can take your drink anywhere on the ship and no one will say a word to you ,other than the steakhouse (this is what I have read)

For the life of me I cannot understand why people would pay around $100 per couple per day for a limited drink program.You can buy a bottle for the cabin for most liquors $60 and either buy the soda sticker or utilize the free juices and iced tea from room service or the buffet in the morning.

For $700 for the week you can get a whole lot of bottles ,add the soda sticker and have quite the week onboard:)

A quick google search you can find any type of drinks you like(and learn how to make it) and as tacky as it is you can take your drink anywhere on the ship and no one will say a word to you ,other than the steakhouse (this is what I have read)

For those that don't drink hard liquor?? Beer drinker.. 2 buckets a day pay for the card..;)

For those that don't drink hard liquor?? Beer drinker.. 2 buckets a day pay for the card..;)

I did think about that since our friends only drink beer and I remember how expensive the beer is onboard,but most beer drinkers I know 15 is just getting them started :) .I mean a couple of buckets by the pool ,a couple at lunch ,and a few at dinner and by 8PM you have to start buying them.

I did think about that since our friends only drink beer and I remember how expensive the beer is onboard,but most beer drinkers I know 15 is just getting them started :) .I mean a couple of buckets by the pool ,a couple at lunch ,and a few at dinner and by 8PM you have to start buying them.

15 is not a set limit.. it is up to the bartender and manager to continue serving.. everybody that I know who have purchased the cheers card were not cut off at 15.. and most beer drinkers can handle much more than 15 thru out the day and evening without becoming plastered... notice I said MOST:D

15 is not a set limit.. it is up to the bartender and manager to continue serving.. everybody that I know who have purchased the cheers card were not cut off at 15.. and most beer drinkers can handle much more than 15 thru out the day and evening without becoming plastered... notice I said MOST:D

I read that in this post ,but being a bartender for 20 years some people handle their liquor better than others.Are they trained to detect if someone is intoxicated or not or if someone tips extra they get more drinks .It should be black and white either way to not be so confusing to so many people

I read that in this post ,but being a bartender for 20 years some people handle their liquor better than others.Are they trained to detect if someone is intoxicated or not or if someone tips extra they get more drinks .It should be black and white either way to not be so confusing to so many people

I agree but if you look at the FAQs on Carnivals site the 15 drink limit or whatever they were calling it.. is not there anywhere that I can see... so they may have removed it...

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage

But myself as a beer drinker it is well worth it for me.. I then can if I want to have my occasional Mojito.. or Frozen cocktail... not having to worry about having a hefty bar bill.. and in my case my hubby doesn't drink all that much.. he can try different drinks that he would not normally try.. and if he doesn't reach his 15 per day limit.. I am sure I could help him with that:p:D

With the Cheers program.....you get choices and you're not limited like you would be with buying bottles from BV. Even if you bought 3 different bottles, you would still have to either lug on soda or transfer the BV liquor via flask to a bar to add it to the soda or juice that you got if you bought the bottomless bubbles program.

On the other hand....I have over 20 different drinks that would be impossible to make on your own through any BV purchase that I am going to sample between the Red Frog Pub, Red Frog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Punchliner's Lounge and the Library Bar on our upcoming Breeze cruise next month.

Carnival must be doing something right....it has now expanded to 8 different ships in the Carnival fleet and it has spawned a trial run on Norwegian as well as Royal instituting 2 different versions of the program @ 45.00 and 55.00 on all of their ships. The cheaper version only includes beer, wine, soda, & juice. The more expensive one includes hard liquor.

I think this is great what the cruise lines are now doing with these programs. It makes it easier to figure out your budget and is probably getting more people to try cruising, like the people who like doing the all inclusives for the reason everything is included. For a little more money you have the option of making it more like the all inclusives. :)

Can anyone please tell me if the drinks offered at the taste bar are included in the my awesome bar package? They are specifically not excluded in the restrictions (unless you consider it promoted and sold in souvenir glass), but was wondering if someone who purchased the package has an answer. Thanks.

Here's what is says is excluded:

Beverages excluded from the program are:

· Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.

· Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses.

· Bottles of liquor

· Bottled water

· Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

· Beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs.

· Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets.

· Wine and champagne by the bottled (offered at 25% discount)

· All spirits, beer or wine above $10.00 per drink (offered at a 25% discount).

· Beverages offered through enomatic machines.

· Coffee beverages and food items.

· All other beverage-related programs including cookbooks and bar books, beverage seminars and classes, as well as cigars.

I think that means tasting menu would be inlcuded.

Just for the sake of comparison . . .

This is the bar package currently offered on another line.

The daily limit if determined by a combination of the purchasing passenger (self cut-off) and the bar servers (responsible vendor):

Ultimate%20Beverage%20Pkg-XL.jpg

For the life of me I don't understand why somebody would go on a cruise to only buy liquor for there cabin.... I can see buying a bottle or two but I'm not going to sit in my cabin and drink that much. I love to have a drink in cabin before dinner or having a drink on the balcony but I wouldn't run back to my cabin every time I wanted to have a drink. The purpose of this program is when I'm laying out by the pool I can be served a drink.... If I'm listening to music or seeing a show somewhere I can be served drink and so forth.

Here's what is says is excluded:

Beverages excluded from the program are:

· Non-alcoholic beverages other than soda and non-alcoholic frozen cocktails.

· Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses.

· Bottles of liquor

· Bottled water

· Beverages offered at gangway while debarking

· Beverages offered through room service as well as mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs.

· Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets.

· Wine and champagne by the bottled (offered at 25% discount)

· All spirits, beer or wine above $10.00 per drink (offered at a 25% discount).

· Beverages offered through enomatic machines.

· Coffee beverages and food items.

· All other beverage-related programs including cookbooks and bar books, beverage seminars and classes, as well as cigars.

I think that means tasting menu would be inlcuded.

Thanks....I did go on JH FB page and asked him and forgot to circle back here and post. He said that Taste Bar drinks are in fact included!

I agree but if you look at the FAQs on Carnivals site the 15 drink limit or whatever they were calling it.. is not there anywhere that I can see... so they may have removed it...

http://www.carnival.com/Core/FAQ.aspx?faq=beverage

But myself as a beer drinker it is well worth it for me.. I then can if I want to have my occasional Mojito.. or Frozen cocktail... not having to worry about having a hefty bar bill.. and in my case my hubby doesn't drink all that much.. he can try different drinks that he would not normally try.. and if he doesn't reach his 15 per day limit.. I am sure I could help him with that:p:D

Kel, "my occasional Mojito" :eek: LOL occasional??? I know better then that :p:D.

For the life of me I don't understand why somebody would go on a cruise to only buy liquor for there cabin.... I can see buying a bottle or two but I'm not going to sit in my cabin and drink that much. I love to have a drink in cabin before dinner or having a drink on the balcony but I wouldn't run back to my cabin every time I wanted to have a drink. The purpose of this program is when I'm laying out by the pool I can be served a drink.... If I'm listening to music or seeing a show somewhere I can be served drink and so forth.

I never mentioned sitting in your cabin and drinking and as far as sitting by the pool our cabin location when we cruise is about 30 feet from the pool.I can go make my drink as strong or weak as I like it.If we go to dinner or a show we can take a drink as well and its allowed.I guess to each their own ,I choose to not get ripped off for $700 for a week of drinks

I never mentioned sitting in your cabin and drinking and as far as sitting by the pool our cabin location when we cruise is about 30 feet from the pool.

Well....that convenience is not going to be the case for a 99.5% of people on the ship.

Well....that convenience is not going to be the case for a 99.5% of people on the ship.

Thank you... Exactly... And he is correct for each their own. It's not for everybody.... Sounds like maybe he only has one drink during dinner or I have read about people that leave the dinner table and go back to their room and get another glass of wine or go fix another drink ... I'm just saying that's not for me. We usually don't drink wine or liquor all day... It's nice to have a frozen drink or have a beer in the early in the afternoon so it works for us. We will be buying it on our New Years trip on the liberty... We were happy that is was added it to that ship.

Archived