Ben and Jerry Suite

sj25

When you say this is a promenade room, what does that mean? when im booking a cruise, my choices are interior, outside, balcony and suite. Can someone help with the path to this sweet stateroom? thanks

Promenade staterooms are listed in the "Interior" section. :)

• 2 months later...

Wow! This site is awesome and very helpful. I have a cruise booked on the Freedom in December 2014, will be my first cruise and I am super excited :D! I've been wanting to take a cruise for a long time, but my boyfriend has absolutely zero interest in it. This past May, we took a vacation of his choice....canoe/wilderness adventure to the Boundary Waters of Northern Minnesota (had to canoe across many lakes carrying our gear and canoe across portages, no running water...so we didn't shower and had to drink lake water. For six days)! :eek:

Anyhow, after I went on that trip, I pulled the "I went to the Boundary Waters with you, so you can go on a cruise with me" card ;). We have the Ben & Jerry's sweet booked, as I learned about it through this site. But now after reading so many posts, I'm a little concerned about the noise. I'm pretty sure I will keep the room, just makes me a little nervous that he might be kept up do to noise (which might make him not enjoy the cruise at all which is what he thinks is going to happen anyhow).

Wow! This site is awesome and very helpful. I have a cruise booked on the Freedom in December 2014, will be my first cruise and I am super excited :D! I've been wanting to take a cruise for a long time, but my boyfriend has absolutely zero interest in it. This past May, we took a vacation of his choice....canoe/wilderness adventure to the Boundary Waters of Northern Minnesota (had to canoe across many lakes carrying our gear and canoe across portages, no running water...so we didn't shower and had to drink lake water. For six days)! :eek:

Anyhow, after I went on that trip, I pulled the "I went to the Boundary Waters with you, so you can go on a cruise with me" card ;). We have the Ben & Jerry's sweet booked, as I learned about it through this site. But now after reading so many posts, I'm a little concerned about the noise. I'm pretty sure I will keep the room, just makes me a little nervous that he might be kept up do to noise (which might make him not enjoy the cruise at all which is what he thinks is going to happen anyhow).

Honestly we were in the room on liberty and I didn't notice really substantial noise during any sleeping hours. If you are that concerned maybe bring some earplugs.

Honestly we have been on many cruises and have stayed in many cabin types. I noticed no out of the ordinary noise levels except during parades, 70s party and other promenade events. When it was time to sleep we had no issues.

Have a great trip. ... hopefully it beats the canoe trip drinking lake water.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Forums mobile app

Firstly, congratulations on booking your first cruise.

As I have said in previous posts, they are not going to give these perks away for no reason. The door woke me more than once every night of our Transatlantic on the Indy. My DH is a heavy sleeper & the noise woke him too. 13 nights of interrupted sleep was not ideal. There is also the fact it is a connecting cabin. We could hear the people next door having discussions about knitwear at 4am, the guy snoring & their TV. The light permeating the edges of the connecting door was also bothersome. The cabin is fun, but it's not something I would hurry to repeat.

Edited by Brit-Cruiser

We have stayed in the Ben & Jerry Sweet on Liberty, Freedom & Independence and the noise never bothered us at all. If you are concerned about the noise you could always request a fan for your room to block out any noise that you may be concerned with. :)

Something I want to clarify from what a previous poster said -- The reason this cabin gets special perks is because of the obstructed view of cow butts when looking out your window. RCCL decided to have fun with it and created a themed room with benefits associated with Ben & Jerry's for this reason, and this reason alone. No other Inside Promenade is obstructed in this way. Hence, no other Inside Promenade cabin receives extra benefits.

No, you don't. You should get an extra card (in the welcome packet from the Concierge) that will give you access to the Concierge Lounge. I don't think it's gold either, but we didn't have one when we sailed in this "Sweet" on Independence of the Seas. The Concierge did re-encode our existing blue cards to open the Concierge Lounge. That was much more convenient than having to carry around a second card.

No, you don't. You should get an extra card (in the welcome packet from the Concierge) that will give you access to the Concierge Lounge. I don't think it's gold either, but we didn't have one when we sailed in this "Sweet" on Independence of the Seas. The Concierge did re-encode our existing blue cards to open the Concierge Lounge. That was much more convenient than having to carry around a second card.

Thanks for the info.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

We sailed in the Sweet on Freedom last year and were also a bit anxious about noise after reading reports here. We never heard a sound and will sail in the Sweet again in a heartbeat!

We have this room booked for the Indy in March. We also have 2 cabanas rented on Nellies beach so I emailed the concierge on the Indy to see if he could help us get the 2 cabanas next to each other. He said he really couldn't help with that but if we wanted to switch to barefoot beach he would be happy to that for us.

So just wanted you all to know that it is possible to get a Barefoot Beach cabana with the Ben and Jerrys Sweet.:D

We did the same last year on Independence of the Seas as well. We had reserved a Nellie's Beach cabana in advance, and then we arranged with the concierge (via e-mail a week before the cruise) to get one at Barefoot Beach. After we boarded, he handled refunding the Nellie's Beach cabana and getting our Barefoot Beach's cabana ticket.

We are doing a B2B on Indy beginning Jan 18th. My sister booked the "sweet/suite" for the first leg because we are Diamond Plus and they wanted access to the concierge lounge with us. It seems like perhaps the perks vary from ship to ship, so I will post on my return about her experience with the noise and the perks.

We are doing a B2B on Indy beginning Jan 18th. My sister booked the "sweet/suite" for the first leg because we are Diamond Plus and they wanted access to the concierge lounge with us. It seems like perhaps the perks vary from ship to ship, so I will post on my return about her experience with the noise and the perks.

Great, we will be very interested with your experience in the sweet. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

we were on Freedom last May and the only noise is the door slamming from below. I will also add that the shower may flood the bathroom floor through a drain under the toilet. definitely a bucket list experience that I do not need to do again

We were just in the sweet on Freedom in December, and it was great! Noise was our big concern, but it turned out not to be an issue at all (the earplugs stayed in the box). I could hear a muffled door open/close a few times during the day, but I never heard it when trying to go to sleep and it definitely never woke me up. That said, there was a weird semi-loud spraying noise (imagine someone hosing down the other side of the wall) that lasted 3-5 minutes the first 2 mornings on the boat. No clue what that was, and I just fell back asleep. We never heard a peep from the couple in the adjoining room.

As for perks! We did have 2 gold cards waiting for us in our room that we were able to use anywhere gold cards were used (including access to that special beach in labadee with the better buffet, the name of which I forget). We got the ice cream vouchers from the concierge, and B&J did stick to the one small scoop a day rule (which was fine with us). I tried a milkshake once and didn't love it, but the scoops were the B&J I know and love. Free drinks in the concierge lounge at night (limited bar so I stuck to the wine), along with some ok appetizers.

Also, the level of cow decorating was cute but not overwhelming or crazy - I think they've done a good job with it. Overall, we were really glad we tried it and (for the free wine, ice cream, and special beach access in haiti) I think it's a great deal and would do it again :)

I never log on here so this might be my only post, but I hope this helps!

Hi, we are booked in the Ben and Jerry's room on Mar. 2 on the FOS and I have been a little concerned about the noise factor that some people have talked about, because I am a light sleeper. However, we were just offerred a free upgrade to an oceanview and we turned it down. Are we crazy?

• 3 weeks later...
I am finally going to see the sweet tomorrow!! Booked in summer 2012 and it's finally here!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What ship are you on. Where on Indy in 2 months cant wait. Just wondering about the concierge lounge, keys and access.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Forums mobile app

• 4 weeks later...
So, how was it? :p

It was good!

We made full use of the concierge lounge - which was nice for meeting people and stuff. However, that caused us to miss most of the nighttime entertainment... because by the time we finished up there and then had dinner it was 9 or later.

We were able to sit in the suite section at the ice show - which was a great perk!

The room was really adorable... and there was a plug that we didn't know what to do with until the cabin steward told us it made the room moo. Hahaha that was hilarious!!

The ice cream was yummy and tasted fresh when I had it. We were allowed a small scoop each but we could get it in a waffle cone if we wanted.

The door banging wasn't an issue. I noticed it but only because i was listening for it.

All in all - it was a great room with perks. Not sure we'd do it again as I missed having a view of the water.

Anything else you wanted to know?

I just wanted to update everyone about the Ben and Jerrys Suite. We soon to find out that the room was very noisy...but was not the parade or music it was from the Ben and Jerrys ice cream...has a door that all crew use alot and the bang when it would close would actually vibrate the floor. Well we did some calling and it would get fixed and it would last for one night and next night right back to it. I think the last time complain and my husband was not happy by this time. Cause they would wait about 2 hrs after they fixed it to call our room and tell us they fixed it. So would be like 1 am and wake us up to tell us. Like REALLY!!!

But the last night was a peaceful night sleep. So I sure hope they have it fixed to anyone that have it in the future!

I don't if anyone else ever had this problem ....that it was something new happen.

We had that room during Liberty's Inaugural year. It was noisy then as well. Nothing we said or did helped the situation. The "benefits" given didn't overcome the fact you couldn't get a decent night's sleep. I have heard people loved it. WE did not. JMHO