First time using a PCC

DaveOKC

Made my first booking via a PCC on HAL. I called the PCC number and was immediately connected to a person who is now my PCC.

While the person I dealt with seemed new at the job, everything went fairly easily and she got back to me as promised with answers to some questions I had.

I like the receipt she sent me immediately after booking, showing all the important cruise information, my OBCs, deposit and balance due (with penalty dates). The reservation receipt even mentioned that I could not book a one day sailing on the Westerdam the day before my cruise (Statendam), as this would be a violation of the ? act. Nice touch IMO, as I had considered that option (long story). Having his info immediately after booking is a nice feature.

Now we will see how things go from here - I asked her to keep an eye on two other cruises sailing a week before the one I booked.

DaveOKC

My brother has used a PCC to book his last couple of cruises and has always been very complimentary of the service.

On a couple of occasions the PCC has called to make him aware of a promotion that offered discounts. On other occasions, the PCC has called to offer upsells.

Now you see why I only deal with a PCC:) Though TA's probably can and do save people money and give gifts, I prefer the personal touch, the documents and the attention to de4tail that we get from our PCC:)

Heck, she was on vacation from just before Christmas until today and our 18 May sailing (2nd week of B2B) on Zuiderdam price went down $400.00 per person. I emailed her to ask for the price reduction and got her out of office reply....I thought Oh Oh...Bet the price will be up again by the time she gets back....She gave us the price reduction today:)

Whoever you have that makes YOU happy is always going to be the best person for you, whether a PCC or TA!!

Ours has been our PCC from the get go and will be I hope forever:)

Joanie

Joanie - I was looking at that sailing of the Z and I noted that they were also running a promo HT that gives you a free room night (I think at the Fairmont) - if you book a suite (SZ-SA). You might want to check on that - I think today or tomorrow is the last day of it though.

DaveOKC

The reservation receipt even mentioned that I could not book a one day sailing on the Westerdam the day before my cruise (Statendam), as this would be a violation of the ? act. Nice touch IMO, as I had considered that option (long story).

Passenger Vessel Services Act. It's nice that was mentioned, as every year someone posts questioning what happened when they had booked, or tried to book, the connecting cruises. HAL might as well cut it off at the pass.

Glad you found what looks to become a good working relationship with your PCC. May it be ever thus.

Joanie - I was looking at that sailing of the Z and I noted that they were also running a promo HT that gives you a free room night (I think at the Fairmont) - if you book a suite (SZ-SA). You might want to check on that - I think today or tomorrow is the last day of it though.

DaveOKC

We got that promo for both 1 night prior to the cruise and 1 night after the cruise at the Pan Pacific when we first booked the cruise:) We get it both ways because we are doing 2 separate cruises, B2B:)

If you look at our Roll call, it is going to be a heck of a lot of fun with so many CC members aboard:) Many will be doing the San Diego Repositioning on top of 11 May 2013... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1531638

The Fairmont Waterfront is a BEAUTIFUL Hotel Dave!!! We were there our last Alaska Cruise out of Vancouver.

Really looking forward to Pan Pacific which is right there above the Terminal:)

Joanie

We once had an assigned HAL PCC. Nice fellow. Called and asked if we were interested in a cruise. I said yes but explain I was used to getting a discount and told him how much. The personal touch was that he didn't hang up on me immediately but explained he couldn't match that then he hung up. :)

We got that promo for both 1 night prior to the cruise and 1 night after the cruise at the Pan Pacific when we first booked the cruise:) We get it both ways because we are doing 2 separate cruises, B2B:)

If you look at our Roll call, it is going to be a heck of a lot of fun with so many CC members aboard:) Many will be doing the San Diego Repositioning on top of 11 May 2013... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1531638

The Fairmont Waterfront is a BEAUTIFUL Hotel Dave!!! We were there our last Alaska Cruise out of Vancouver.

Really looking forward to Pan Pacific which is right there above the Terminal:)

Joanie

We stayed at the Pan Pacific and it was great. Bill

Is there an additional charge to use one?

No charge. You basically pay the prices that you see on-line for your cruise, on the HAL website.

Some folks say that they can beat HAL's prices with their internet travel agents, and likely they can, due to these companies getting discounts for group bookings.

The choice is yours.....

DaveOKC

Archived