NCL Suite Perks

Junebug27

We have done this before for a small group of people (5-10) but I have heard of larger parties in some of the larger suites. Basically, just let the butler know ahead of time-number of people, time and what you would like (we had cheese, chips and salsa, veggies, chicken wings etc). You can order a fancier cheese plate as well or some shrimp (these would $). The parties are free unless you upgrade the menu. We had some beer and wine brought up as well (for cost). Then we just made sure the butler had a nice tip at the end of the cruise. I would let him know as far in advance as possible so there is plenty of time to get things ready.

Have a great cruise!

Coffeecat

Thanks for the reply I will make sure I talk to the butler about it the first night we are on the ship

We have done this before for a small group of people (5-10) but I have heard of larger parties in some of the larger suites. Basically, just let the butler know ahead of time-number of people, time and what you would like (we had cheese, chips and salsa, veggies, chicken wings etc). You can order a fancier cheese plate as well or some shrimp (these would $). The parties are free unless you upgrade the menu. We had some beer and wine brought up as well (for cost). Then we just made sure the butler had a nice tip at the end of the cruise. I would let him know as far in advance as possible so there is plenty of time to get things ready.

Have a great cruise!

Coffeecat

We entertained two other couples in our penthouse suite, and consulted our butler about what to serve w/drinks. She had great suggestions. We ordered shrimp (extra cost, I believe), but on the afternoon our butler supplemented it with cheeses, etc., at no additional cost to us. Josephine was a sweetheart.

• 3 weeks later...
55 days in advance

Would this also apply to having a standing fixed table reservation for 14 in the MDR? We are in a penthouse suite and will be cruising with friends and wish to eat together every night. Being able to have the concierge make a same time/same table(s) MDR reservation seems easier on everyone...no need to bother the concierge every day.

Would this also apply to having a standing fixed table reservation for 14 in the MDR? We are in a penthouse suite and will be cruising with friends and wish to eat together every night. Being able to have the concierge make a same time/same table(s) MDR reservation seems easier on everyone...no need to bother the concierge every day.

You ask the concierge to make a reservation but you will need to eat very early or very late, i.e. 5:30 p.m. or 9 to 9:30 p.m.

You ask the concierge to make a reservation but you will need to eat very early or very late, i.e. 5:30 p.m. or 9 to 9:30 p.m.

Really? sorry to hear that ...always did this on HAL ships and had 2 tables at 7:45. Is there a reason why NCL will not release 2 tables for a set time each night? Does that mean that even if we asked the concierge each day we still would not be able to eat other than at the extreme margins of dinner time?

So a suite perk is reserved seating for shows? Or is that only on certain ships? That would be really nice! I'm looking at a cruise on the Breakaway for later this summer.

Yes, there is a reserved section for suite guests. On the Dawn, it's balcony seating with a railing & glass panel obstructing the view. We prefered to sit lower in the theater.

Really? sorry to hear that ...always did this on HAL ships and had 2 tables at 7:45. Is there a reason why NCL will not release 2 tables for a set time each night? Does that mean that even if we asked the concierge each day we still would not be able to eat other than at the extreme margins of dinner time?

If you are going to have 14 people, yes. Maybe get chummy with the concierge and see what they can do for you. Tell them that you want to make a standing reservation for the entire cruise, not make one each day.

If you are going to have 14 people, yes. Maybe get chummy with the concierge and see what they can do for you. Tell them that you want to make a standing reservation for the entire cruise, not make one each day.

Interesting, since I was previouely told by one of those "Chat People" on NCL web site, that she had done the same thing on a recent cruise with 12 friends. The only issue she raaised was that with 14, 2 tables would definitely be needed and location of 2 next to each other could be a problem.

I was also told that reservations in the MDR required at least 8 passengers. Is it possible that with 14 we could just go to the Maitre'D on the first day and he/she could make it happen? I do not think it is an unusual request!

Edited by puli

Interesting, since I was previouely told by one of those "Chat People" on NCL web site, that she had done the same thing on a recent cruise with 12 friends. The only issue she raaised was that with 14, 2 tables would definitely be needed and location of 2 next to each other could be a problem.

I was also told that reservations in the MDR required at least 8 passengers. Is it possible that with 14 we could just go to the Maitre'D on the first day and he/she could make it happen? I do not think it is an unusual request!

Two tables of seven and not being next to one another does not equal 14 people eating together, which is what you originally asked.

The chat people are just that - chat people.

You need to either contact pre-concierge services who will may say take it up with your concierge when you get to the ship. You will have to eat early or late. If you split into smaller groups, obviously you can eat at peak times...albeit you probably not be next to one another or in the same section.

Edited by jdvmd

Thanks for your imput. I will check with the pre-concierge . Will also check with the MaitreD'. Certainly hope something can be worked out as this is a much anticipated reunion cruise .

True I have no idea how NCL operates but this does not seem like an odd request.

Edited by puli

So a suite perk is reserved seating for shows? Or is that only on certain ships? That would be really nice! I'm looking at a cruise on the Breakaway for later this summer.

The Breakaway will work much like the Epic, which is different from all the other ships. Basically, you need to reserve a seat for shows in advance. Then, on the night of the show, you will meet up with the concierge and all other suite guests going to same show about 45 min-1 hour prior. Then you are walked in ahead of other guests to select your seats.

Robin

The Breakaway will work much like the Epic, which is different from all the other ships. Basically, you need to reserve a seat for shows in advance. Then, on the night of the show, you will meet up with the concierge and all other suite guests going to same show about 45 min-1 hour prior. Then you are walked in ahead of other guests to select your seats.

Robin

Wow, that sounds awesome. I guess I'm going to have to try and book one of those ships soon. :)

• 4 years later...

Thank you for all the awesome information! We are cruising to Alaska on the sun in September. This is our second cruise, and this time we will be in an aft facing penthouse. I am glad to be able to find such great information about the benefits afforded to those who are in a suite!

Thank you for all the awesome information! We are cruising to Alaska on the sun in September. This is our second cruise, and this time we will be in an aft facing penthouse. I am glad to be able to find such great information about the benefits afforded to those who are in a suite!

Hopefully everything you are reading is still accurate. Those postings are from 4 years ago.

We were surprised to learn that it depends on the ship. I guess it depends on whether concierge wants to do this. POA was one that declined many perks we thought were standard on NCL.

Looking forward to jewel class ship suite next month. Will be interesting to see if standard perks are still in place.

Aft penthouse or balcony room are the best location for Alaska cruises, IMHO. We cruise to Alaska every year, as we live in Seattle, and it is very easy to jump on . We had forward large balcony suite last time and it was too windy and cold to use this feature. When the captain announces whale sighting, you will be in perfect location to see it, as it passes main ship so quickly. Bring binoculars. Enjoy!!

Aft penthouse or balcony room are the best location for Alaska cruises, IMHO. We cruise to Alaska every year, as we live in Seattle, and it is very easy to jump on . We had forward large balcony suite last time and it was too windy and cold to use this feature. When the captain announces whale sighting, you will be in perfect location to see it, as it passes main ship so quickly. Bring binoculars. Enjoy!!

We're on the Pearl in 3 weeks in an aft suite. Looking forward to relaxing on the balcony taking in the views. We live in hot flat FL and looking forward to the cool weather and seeing mountains.

Don

I agree! We were offered the chance to upgrade to the owners suite but even the hot tub on the balcony can't make up for the cold wind!

We saw so many whales from the comfort of our balcony! We are bringing both our binoculars and long lense for my camera!

We're on the Pearl in 3 weeks in an aft suite. Looking forward to relaxing on the balcony taking in the views. We live in hot flat FL and looking forward to the cool weather and seeing mountains.

Don

We love the Pearl. It will be interesting to see her after dry dock this spring. We will be sailing on her in 6 weeks.

If any of you do not have aft cabins, I suggest spending time in the Great Outdoors for great views. Aft, beyond Garden Buffet. Also, go forward to Spinaker Lounge, to do whale watching with the comfort of windows.

Bring gloves and hats for Glacier Bay. :eek:

• 1 year later...

Hey everyone, this will be our first cruise. We are a family of four (two teenagers) and are looking at the Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony. What are the perks that come with this suite? By perks I mean:

1. Food (meals)

2. Drinks (in and outside the room)

3. Cost of onboard shows

4. What other costs will we expect to pay?

Thanks so much... and anything else you can tell me would be amazing. :D

Hey everyone, this will be our first cruise. We are a family of four (two teenagers) and are looking at the Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa with Balcony. What are the perks that come with this suite? By perks I mean:

1. Food (meals)

3. Cost of onboard shows

Food perks are a suite/Haven restaurant for breakfast and lunch only.

No drink perks. You will get a bottle of sparking wine in your suite

No discounts on shows. You pay the same as everyone else

You will pay costs as everyone else

Suite perks are a butler, priority embarkation, disembarkation, and concierge service. A full list of suite perks are on the NCL website.

1. Food (meals)

3. Cost of onboard shows

Depending upon what ship you are on, you will either have access to the Haven restaurant for all meals or the use of a specialty restaurant for breakfast /lunch. You can also order items to your room that are not on the regular room service menu ( and no charge for room service unless you order from a specialty restaurant ).

You get a big bottle of water and a bottle of wine for no charge.

No perks for show costs.