New Celebrity Promotion (1, 2, 3 Go !) Returns March 15, 2013

Andy

What does a non 5* rate mean?

Hi Phaedra,

Generally speaking, rates that are Non-Five Star, are special rates... such as: Senior, Resident, Guarantee (GTY) rates, and some other assorted rates. I hope that was gentle enough, and is helpful :)

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Phaedra,

Generally speaking, rates that are Non-Five Star, are special rates... such as: Senior, Resident, Guarantee (GTY) rates, and some other assorted rates. I hope that was gentle enough, and is helpful :)

Thank you so much!

And thanks for being both gentle and helpful :)

Hi Phaedra,

Thats interesting. I booked GTY AQ and received the promotion. I would assume that the promotion is applicable to GTY at least.

Thats interesting. I booked GTY AQ and received the promotion. I would assume that the promotion is applicable to GTY at least.

Hi Wuselb,

I have been repeatedly told the 123 GO offer is not applicable to GTY cabins. Either you got lucky, or perhaps... as I believe you are outside of the US, the terms might be different in your region.

At any rate, I'm glad it worked out well for you !

Edited by Host Andy

I will be on the Reflection next week and I want to book 2 rooms for me and my family on a cruise in April. If I book by 2-18, I can take advantage of 123 Go. Is there a further advantage to booking these rooms while I am on board the Reflection next week? I read somewhere in this forum that Celebrity offers an OBC when you book while cruising -- true? Can I combine these 2 offers?

If I put a hold on 2 rooms before the cruise, may I still go ahead and book the rooms from the Reflection, since time is short?

If I book while on the Reflection, may I hand over to a TA for any further perks?

Is there anything else I can do to minimize costs?

Thanks!

If the Captain's Club promo over with? The one with 1/2 deposits.

Hi Iamthesea,

The reduced deposits are part of the 123 GO offer, which is currently scheduled to end on 2/18. According the terms and conditions it states the following :

50% Reduced Deposit Offer applies to new individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposits begin Jan 17, 2013. Reduced deposit is not applicable to groups. Reduced deposit must be paid by Feb 18, 2013, unless sailing is within final payment period.

I hope this helps.

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Wuselb,

I have been repeatedly told the 123 GO offer is not applicable to GTY cabins. Either you got lucky, or perhaps... as I believe you are outside of the US, the terms might be different in your region.

At any rate, I'm glad it worked out well for you !

Hi Andy

Just talked with the Captains Club and was told Ocean VIew or above meets the 123 GO requirement, whether its a GTY or assigned cabin.

Gary

Hi Iamthesea,

The reduced deposits are part of the 123 GO offer, which is currently scheduled to end on 2/18. According the terms and conditions it states the following :

50% Reduced Deposit Offer applies to new individual bookings made more than 70 days from departure date. Reduced deposits begin Jan 17, 2013. Reduced deposit is not applicable to groups. Reduced deposit must be paid by Feb 18, 2013, unless sailing is within final payment period.

I hope this helps.

Andy,

I am scheduled for the 3/23/13 reflection cruise. We are booked in AC and have the beverage package from the 123 special. My question, occasionally if the prices drop we trade up for a suite- would I be able to transfer the package to the upgrade? I deal with a travel agent.

Thanks,

Wendy

I will be on the Reflection next week and I want to book 2 rooms for me and my family on a cruise in April. If I book by 2-18, I can take advantage of 123 Go. Is there a further advantage to booking these rooms while I am on board the Reflection next week? I read somewhere in this forum that Celebrity offers an OBC when you book while cruising -- true? Can I combine these 2 offers?

If I put a hold on 2 rooms before the cruise, may I still go ahead and book the rooms from the Reflection, since time is short?

If I book while on the Reflection, may I hand over to a TA for any further perks?

Is there anything else I can do to minimize costs?

Thanks!

Hi Bob,

Celebrity offers 2 promotions for booking onboard, but neither of them are combinable with 123 GO. What you should receive, is a reduced deposit offer. From other members comments, this should be combinable with 123 GO.

As for handing your booking to a TA - You can, but it's a short window (I believe it's 60 days) from time of booking, to move it to a TA. They may be able to offer additional perks, but that's something you would discuss with the TA.

I hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

We booked our February 10, 2013 cruise through our TA and were able to add the beverage package after final payment. We did receive a revised invoice from our TA indicating that we had the beverage package, but it never appeared on the Celebrity website. When I logged into my reservation today it was listed under My Cruise Extras. I was very relieved to have it confirmed on my reservation since we leave on Sunday! Can't wait for that first Pina Colada!

We booked our February 10, 2013 cruise through our TA and were able to add the beverage package after final payment. We did receive a revised invoice from our TA indicating that we had the beverage package, but it never appeared on the Celebrity website. When I logged into my reservation today it was listed under My Cruise Extras. I was very relieved to have it confirmed on my reservation since we leave on Sunday! Can't wait for that first Pina Colada!

I booked online and then called to get free gratuities for our 123 promo. I just looked and I had to go to the view reservation, then view payments. Where it details the charges, there is a credit for the gratuities under "other charges". Since we chose select dining, it nets out to zero.

Seems like it depends on which promo you choose how it gets reflected on the bill.

Nancy

The same is true for me with our Feb 17th sailing. Booked through a TA, got it changed several weeks ago (after final payment), and just today I see it online with Celebrity.

I do *not* have the option to upgrade this to the premium package online though.

Hi Andy,

the german fineprint didn't say anything about 5star rate or whatever. As it did not say anything about upgrading to premium package. The german fineprint was rather unclear if not to say non-existent... No longer sure if that is a bad or a good thing though...;)

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked. It states:

"Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity Cruises"

$1.50 beverage gratuity? They mean per drink right? $1.50 per day would be ridiculously cheap. I assume they still want their 15% to pay the bartenders. Am I wrong here? Can someone help explain this to me:confused:

I'm sorry if this question has already been asked. It states:

"Premium Beverage Package upgrade available for an additional charge of $10 per person, per day plus $1.50 beverage gratuity per person, per day by contacting Celebrity Cruises"

$1.50 beverage gratuity? They mean per drink right? $1.50 per day would be ridiculously cheap. I assume they still want their 15% to pay the bartenders. Am I wrong here? Can someone help explain this to me:confused:

The $1.50 represents the 15% gratuity on the daily $10 upgrade from Classic to Premium. Keep in mind Celebrity has already included the 15% gratuity on the $44 per day "free" Classic beverage package. You're just paying the additional gratuity on the daily, additional upgrade.

Of course you're always free to add additional gratuity to any bar server if/when you so choose.

The $1.50 represents the 15% gratuity on the daily $10 upgrade from Classic to Premium. Keep in mind Celebrity has already included the 15% gratuity on the $44 per day "free" Classic beverage package. You're just paying the additional gratuity on the daily, additional upgrade.

Of course you're always free to add additional gratuity to any bar server if/when you so choose.

Thank you! That's a screaming good deal. (And I always tip extra so this will help) I just switched from and old promo to the new promo an hour ago and my invoice shows WAV9 (Not very self explanatory) I found out that's is the code for premium drinks and $300 OBC. Hooray!

OMG - Over 1200 posts on this topic! Wow.

Called my TA today to find out about the 1 2 3 promotion as we are looking at a Northern European cruise this summer.

Unlike RC where you become a Crown & anchor member after final payment,

with Celebrity you only become a Captain's Club member upon the completion of your first cruise.

You only get 2 of the 3 perks for this promotion if you're not a "past guest".

We are sailing only in 3 weeks and are therefore not Captain's Club members.

Too too bad.:( (Yes I know it is still a very good promotion)

Called my TA today to find out about the 1 2 3 promotion as we are looking at a Northern European cruise this summer.

Unlike RC where you become a Crown & anchor member after final payment,

with Celebrity you only become a Captain's Club member upon the completion of your first cruise.

RCL is the same that you become a member after your first cruise. At best you can apply onboard, but you're still not issued a member number or anything else, just drop the application form off (and wait months!).

In fact, all lines I've experienced have worked that way that you become a member after the cruise.

Edited by The_Big_M