Restaurant Booking Rules on Marina & Riviera

Molliem

Marina and Riviera have more restaurants to choose from.What is reason behind limiting us to only one booking in each restaurant when consierge can book up to three in each on Nautica etc.on cruises of 25 days. Thanks Elwin

Reservation Rules (from Oceania)

When to make your reservations:

· Your booking must be paid in full.

· The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

· Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites can make reservations 90 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Penthouse Suites can make reservations 75 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms can make reservations 60 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms can make reservations 45 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Number of reservations (Regatta, Insignia, Nautica):

· Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

10-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

· Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

0-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Number of reservations (Marina and Riviera):

· Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Oceania Suite

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

· All other suites and staterooms

All Sailings: 1 reservation at each restaurant

The number of restaurant reservations apportioned has been a sore point since the introduction of Marina.

With the dramatically increased number of Suites (Oceania Suites don't exist on the R ships at all, and there are more than twice the number of Penthouses), something had to give, even considering the capacity of the two additional restaurants.

If it makes you feel any better, on the Oceania Class, Concierge Passengers are guaranteed the same number of reservations as Penthouse Passengers.

Just to clarify, it isn't that you are limited to only one reservation, it's that each cabin is guaranteed that number of reservations. Depending on the other passengers on your cruise and your flexibility, you may be able to get quite a few more reservations at each of the restaurants.

JimandStan,

My issue with restaurant reservations on Marina when she first debuted (as you may probably recall) was not so much with the fact that PHs were not allocated the same two reservations per restaurant as the R ships, but that Oceania deliberately and deceptively kept that information from us. It should have been made clear from day they started advertising and taking bookings so that people could choose their preferred accommodations with the proper information. jmo.

On our 16 day cruise on Nautica in Concierge Class in early 2012, we were guaranteed 2 reservations each in the Polo Grill and Toscana. By being flexible, we dined 5 times in Polo Grill.

Cheers

Don

And being willing to share a table with another couple will help in getting more reservations once onboard.

We are in an inside on a 7 day cruise -- Barcelona to Rome on the Riviera -- our travel agent has told us that we can only make two reservations before we board and the other two once we are on the ship. Is that correct?

We are in an inside on a 7 day cruise -- Barcelona to Rome on the Riviera -- our travel agent has told us that we can only make two reservations before we board and the other two once we are on the ship. Is that correct?

Not sure on a 7 day but usually you can book one in each restaurant (4)

Maybe because it is a shorter cruise they limit the pre booking

Hope someone has done a 7 day before & can answer

Edited by LHT28

That is incorrect information. The Riviera has four Specialty Restaurants, Jacques, Tuscana, Polo and Red Ginger.

Therefore you're guaranteed at least four Reservations, on even the shortest of cruises.

These are the Reservation guidelines (I've highlighted the ones that apply to you)

When to make your reservations:

· Your booking must be paid in full.

· The online dining reservation system closes 7 days prior to your sailing's embarkation date.

· Owner's, Vista and Oceania Suites can make reservations 90 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Penthouse Suites can make reservations 75 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Concierge Level Veranda Staterooms can make reservations 60 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

· Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Staterooms can make reservations 45 days until 7 days prior to embarkation.

Number of reservations (Regatta, Insignia, Nautica):

· Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Penthouse Suite and Concierge Level Veranda

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

10-17 Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 3 reservations at each restaurant

· Veranda, Ocean View and Inside Stateroom

0-17 Sailing Days: 1 reservations at each restaurant

18+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

Number of reservations (Marina and Riviera):

· Owner's Suite, Vista Suite, Oceania Suite

0-7 Sailing Days: 1 reservation at each restaurant

8+ Sailing Days: 2 reservations at each restaurant

· All other suites and staterooms

All Sailings: 1 reservation at each restaurant

• 2 years later...

We have a veranda cabin- 1 reservation per specialty on the Riviera. I really love Red Ginger and would like to add on reservati:)ons over and above the 1 I get pre-booking. Is that best to do as soon as I board- or wait? Thanks

We have a veranda cabin- 1 reservation per specialty on the Riviera. I really love Red Ginger and would like to add on reservati:)ons over and above the 1 I get pre-booking. Is that best to do as soon as I board- or wait? Thanks

You can always go to the reservations desk on deck 5 & ask in the mornings to see if there are any openings that day

Sometimes they will put you on a list incase someone cancels

If you are flexible with the time & willing to share you may get lucky

Edited by LHT28

That's a tricky one, because not everyone is aware of pre-cruise restaurant Reservations.

Oceania holds back tables to accommodate that fact, but if a sufficient percentage of your fellow Cruisers have not reserved yet, you'll be asked to wait to make your second Reservation until everyone has had a crack at their first.

That said, I'd give it a try, first thing, because you never know how many people n your cruise will be "in the know". and the worst that could happen is that they say "no". ;)

It still wouldn't stop you from trying again, later in the voyage.

What are the reservation time options for the specialty restaurants? (i.e. 6:30, 7:00...) We have several months until we can book our reservations, but want to get an idea what my other three travelers want so we can be prepared when reservations open for our concierge level cabin.

Edited by jw_406

What are the reservation time options for the specialty restaurants? (i.e. 6:30, 7:00...) We have several months until we can book our reservations, but want to get an idea what my other three travelers want so we can be prepared when reservations open for our concierge level cabin.

It may depend on the restaurant but in my limited experience the times were

6:30, 7:00, 7:30 8:00 8:30 & 9 pm

not all will be available for each restaurant or each day

We just booked our specialty reservations yesterday for our upcoming cruise on the Riviera. The allotted times for all specialties are:

6:30 7:30 8:00 8:30 and 9:00

If you are unable to obtain a reservation in your requested time slot, and you are willing to share ( we usually share all but one night), you will be more likely to obtain your requested time. Enjoy!

Keep in mind that additional reservations are generally only for the day of. By that I mean when you check in the mornings to see if there are any openings, it will be for that evening.

You won't be able to ask on a Tue for an additional reservation on a Friday. Unless you are in a room with a butler.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is right.

What I would do is book Red Ginger toward the end of the cruise and on the first day you board see if you can get an additional reservation for that night. They will probably ask you to come back around 5:45 to check and see. At least this was the procedure the last time we tried it. It might have changed.

One other bit of advice - On one of our Riviera cruises, there was a ships staff member, on departure night, outside the main dining room asking if anyone wanted to get into either of two specialty restaurants that night. We did and ended up getting to eat at the French venue two nights in a row (the second night we had reserved online before the cruise. We had an ocean view room.

So you may ask about a reservation for a specialty restaurant for departure night as soon as boarding, or as soon as possible. It could be that many people do not want a specialty restaurant dinner the day of travel, boarding and safety drill.

Thank you all for the help with the added reservations. We had the Watermelon Duck salad at Red Ginger on our last cruise- and I would sure like to experience that as many times as I can. Not the kind of thing we make at home after a long day at work. Tom

• 2 weeks later...

I am traveling in a party of 4 (two cabins - same cabin level). When it comes time to book our specialty restaurant reservations online, am I able to book our cabin and the other cabin together if I have their booking number? Or, does the other cabin have to book their own. Thanks! (sorry if this has already been answered and I missed it.)

I am traveling in a party of 4 (two cabins - same cabin level). When it comes time to book our specialty restaurant reservations online, am I able to book our cabin and the other cabin together if I have their booking number? Or, does the other cabin have to book their own. Thanks! (sorry if this has already been answered and I missed it.)

You can book theirs as well

When you go to book just say NO to sharing then "add a guest"

You just submit their booking number & surname

This will count as their allotted reservation

Edited by LHT28

• 4 weeks later...
Keep in mind that additional reservations are generally only for the day of. By that I mean when you check in the mornings to see if there are any openings, it will be for that evening.

You won't be able to ask on a Tue for an additional reservation on a Friday. Unless you are in a room with a butler.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is right.

What I would do is book Red Ginger toward the end of the cruise and on the first day you board see if you can get an additional reservation for that night. They will probably ask you to come back around 5:45 to check and see. At least this was the procedure the last time we tried it. It might have changed.

That has not been our experience. We have booked additional reservations in advance once on board