What next?

Omega1

I would appreciate your advice on a Princess customer services issue.

We sailed on the Ruby Princess 9 Oct to 28 Oct. During the cruise, we completed a future cruise application form for two people. The form was placed in the dropbox outside the future cruise office four days prior to the end of the cruise. Unfortunately, we did not receive an acknowledgement whilst on board, nor did we receive an email confirmation after the cruise.

I emailed Princess twice and received automated messages but no formal response within their suggested response times. A third email (late November) gained a response from Princess UK saying they had escalated my issue to 'head office'. Still no response.

I posted my concerns on the Princess Facebook page in mid December, which got a response - 'We're looking into it and you will soon hear from us'.

So, where do I go next? It doesn't give me much confidence in Princess if they are unable to resolve such a simple and straight forward issue.

Has the purchase posted to your credit card? I don't know if this is the issue, but when I was on Grand Princess last month there was a prominent sign posted above the dropbox stating that UK passengers must write their credit card number--including the three digit security code from the back--on the form. Apparently there is now some sort of regulation from the UK precluding Princess from merely assuming you want to use the same credit card on file for your shipboard purchases, as the purchase of FCC is recorded as a separate transaction.

Hi Roger...

I wish I had an answer for you. I sincerely hope Princess addresses this issue to your satisfaction.

I want to let you know that Nan and I each purchased three FCCs while onboard and received confirming emails on October 16th. I mention this to let you know the system was functioning properly...at least when we entered our request.

Our best to you and Val...

...when I was on Grand Princess last month there was a prominent sign posted above the dropbox stating that UK passengers must write their credit card number--including the three digit security code from the back--on the form.

I deposited our request in the dropbox and I can assure you there was no such sign on the cruise in question.

Lew

Has the purchase posted to your credit card? I don't know if this is the issue, but when I was on Grand Princess last month there was a prominent sign posted above the dropbox stating that UK passengers must write their credit card number--including the three digit security code from the back--on the form. Apparently there is now some sort of regulation from the UK precluding Princess from merely assuming you want to use the same credit card on file for your shipboard purchases, as the purchase of FCC is recorded as a separate transaction.

No, the FCC hasn't appeared on our credit card and I didn't see any signs regarding UK credit cards. If that was the case, I would have hoped the FCC Consultant would have left a message for us to sort it out. Thanks for your help.

Hi Roger...

I wish I had an answer for you. I sincerely hope Princess addresses this issue to your satisfaction.

I want to let you know that Nan and I each purchased three FCCs while onboard and received confirming emails on October 16th. I mention this to let you know the system was functioning properly...at least when we entered our request.

Our best to you and Val...

Lew

Hi Lew. Good to hear from you....... Belated new year greetings to you and Nan. Thanks for your comments, I find the lack of customer service from Princess very frustrating.

We leave on Thursday for a trip to Australia and New Zealand, including a B2b on Celebrity. Hope our paths cross in the future. Roger & Val

We sailed on the Ruby Princess 9 Oct to 28 Oct. During the cruise, we completed a future cruise application form for two people. The form was placed in the dropbox outside the future cruise office four days prior to the end of the cruise. Unfortunately, we did not receive an acknowledgement whilst on board, nor did we receive an email confirmation after the cruise.

I emailed Princess twice and received automated messages but no formal response within their suggested response times. A third email (late November) gained a response from Princess UK saying they had escalated my issue to 'head office'. Still no response.

I posted my concerns on the Princess Facebook page in mid December, which got a response - 'We're looking into it and you will soon hear from us'.

So, where do I go next? It doesn't give me much confidence in Princess if they are unable to resolve such a simple and straight forward issue.

...Princess will take care of you. I made the same mistake twice and just lost the Future Cruise Certificates. Fortunately, while booking our next cruise, Princess informed me that they have the FCC on file...no problem. :)

...Princess will take care of you. I made the same mistake twice and just lost the Future Cruise Certificates. Fortunately, while booking our next cruise, Princess informed me that they have the FCC on file...no problem. :)

I doubt Princess will honor it since the OP has stated that it has not appeard on his CC. Probably just lost - but other than for the OBC that comes with it there really is no loss.

I added my future cruise credit on the Grand 2 weeks ago with the lady onboard, she did make it clear that she needed to charge a seperate card and not the cruise card. They will charge a credit/debit card but not your onboard account, I had to give my CSS number on the back of the card and it was done the same day, there was a confirmation letter outside my room in the morning.

There was a note about it on the drop box, I'm from the UK too.

The money was debited from my account the same day, if you have not had the money taken then I doubt you will get the FCC/FCD.

I find the lack of customer service from Princess very frustrating.

We leave on Thursday for a trip to Australia and New Zealand, including a B2b on Celebrity. Hope our paths cross in the future.

Yes, it can be very slow and frustrating. I had an issue with them a few years ago where they charged my account an incorrect price for an excursion. When I contacted them after the cruise they refused to honor the price I was quoted. A few weeks later I received a very nice letter from a Customer Service supervisor admitting to the error and offering Nan and me an OBC for our trouble.

Keep the faith...there's still hope.

Your B2B sounds fantastic. We'll have to get down under some day. Enjoy your adventure.

We're headed down to FLL on January 23rd for 20 days on the Emerald Princess. Can't wait to get out of the Vermont winter.

Take care...

Lew

I added my future cruise credit on the Grand 2 weeks ago with the lady onboard, she did make it clear that she needed to charge a seperate card and not the cruise card. They will charge a credit/debit card but not your onboard account, I had to give my CSS number on the back of the card and it was done the same day, there was a confirmation letter outside my room in the morning.

There was a note about it on the drop box, I'm from the UK too.

The money was debited from my account the same day, if you have not had the money taken then I doubt you will get the FCC/FCD.

I suspect that may be the case, but it is disappointing that the FC Consultant didn't contact us whilst on board to resolve it. My main concern is that despite trying to contact Princess four times by email and once on Facebook, I'm still no further forward. I just feel as though there is a lethargy and lack of concern within the customer service dept. Just my opinion.

We're headed down to FLL on January 23rd for 20 days on the Emerald Princess. Can't wait to get out of the Vermont winter.

Take care...

Lew

Enjoy your trip and let us know how you get on. We are on the 20 day Emerald cruise in November.

I suspect that may be the case, but it is disappointing that the FC Consultant didn't contact us whilst on board to resolve it. My main concern is that despite trying to contact Princess four times by email and once on Facebook, I'm still no further forward. I just feel as though there is a lethargy and lack of concern within the customer service dept. Just my opinion.

You're right - there should have been some follow up while you were still on board.... but, possibly you should have followed up as well?? I've never bought an FCC and not got a confirmation letter (usually the next day) even when I dropped it in the 'mail box'. Had you done this whilst still on the ship, I'm sure everything would have been corrected.

Regardless.... Your attempts to contact Princess should be answered... even if it's just a simple explanation that someone didn't follow up when they should have. "We're very sorry Omega that this happened, we really can't correct it now, but appologize for the inconvienence".

You're right - there should have been some follow up while you were still on board.... but, possibly you should have followed up as well?? I've never bought an FCC and not got a confirmation letter (usually the next day) even when I dropped it in the 'mail box'. Had you done this whilst still on the ship, I'm sure everything would have been corrected.

Yes, 20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing. With not receiving a reply whilst on board, we simply thought it would be received in a follow up email. Obviously not!

Regardless.... Your attempts to contact Princess should be answered... even if it's just a simple explanation that someone didn't follow up when they should have. "We're very sorry Omega that this happened, we really can't correct it now, but appologize for the inconvienence".

But they can correct it now and issue the FCCs. This has been done in the past when the on ship procedure did not work.

Trying not to be snarky in my response but I must ask why, as a very experienced cruiser on a 19 day cruise, did you wait until day 15 to submit your request? Future cruise sales is one of my first stops on every cruise. If you didn't receive acknowledgement of your FCC paperwork why didn't you return to the future cruise sales office? It's usually in your cabin mailbox the following day. (With all the paper found in our mailbox every day I make sure nothing important is in it before I toss what I don't want into the dustbin.) Future cruise sales was certainly open on days 16, 17, and 18 at the tail end of your trans-atlantic voyage. Why did you disembark without acknowledgement of your request? On the last night why didn't you check your final bill when it was delivered to your cabin? If it was not there you could have visited the pursers office staff. They are open 24/7. Sorry mate but I think you share some fault for this SNAFU and you probably realize your mistake . There were probably close to 1500 couples on your cruise, many of them just as experienced as you who likely made their own FCC applications. Wonder how many of them ran into the same trouble? Future cruise sales is not always swamped on this lengthy sailing and I think ample opportunity existed for you to check on your application. Nonetheless, I'm surprised this occurred to you. Princess certainly cannot be expected to keep track of all the FCC submissions made fleetwide on an immediate basis especially after the fact when it gets difficult. Give them some time to square this away (it will eventually) and next time give them some help whilst onboard.

Omega1--sorry I did not read down to Shogun's last post, so glad your FCC issue has been resolved. I knew Princess would come through in the clutch. Cheers!

Trying not to be snarky in my response...

I was on that cruise and can tell you that the first ⅔ is quite port intensive and todos such as applying for FCCs tend to get pushed to the final ⅓ of the cruise which is much more relaxing as it consists of only sea days. Also, I feel a cruiser has every reason to expect the same level of service from the FCC rep on day 16 as day 2.

I applied for FCCs on the cruise and checked email notification and, therefore, received no paperwork at all. If the OP had done the same and fully expected everything was in order, he may not have checked his email while onboard. Also, checking the final bill would have indicated nothing at all since FCCs are billed separately.

Lew

Hi All,

Thought you would like to know OP was contacted by Princess today problem fixed,

anyone got his address so I can send him my fee.

yours Shogun

Thanks Shogun, the cheque is in the post!

Great news !!

Omega - might be on the Emerald with you this year.

I'm glad it resolved for you. I always make it a point to stop in early in the cruise and speak to the Future Cruise consultant personally and request the FCC. They always process while I'm there and I know its done and not lost among all the others that dropped off papers late in the cruise. And I check my email and the Princess website before I disembark to verify.

I always try and keep about three FFC's open just in case I booka couple of cruises or a B2B

Archived