Wedge heels more comfortable?

maureencruiser

Cute shoes

I don't usually shop at Payless but will investigate soon.

I also have feet issues so lots of shoe styles don't work for me.

But I did buy a cute pair of Bandolino ankle height wedge boots last week that work for me.:)

I've walked behind many women wearing high wedge heels. It is amazing how many of these women have unstable ankles when viewed from behind. Their ankles are shaking on every step. Another thing I notice is how those wedge heels wear down unevenly in the rear, probably as a result of the unstable gait of the wearer. I honestly don't think the wedge heels, especially the high wedge heels are as stable as they are reputed to be.

I have to agree with this.

I only own a couple of pairs of wedges but more for running errands etc. and I never feel as supported as I do with a regular heel which doesn't offer that much support in the first place.

I think it's important with wedges to make sure the soles are flexible; that helps with stability. One of the problems with platform soles in general is that you can't walk naturally if you basically have to pick up the shoe with each step. The first thing I do before trying on shoes is flex them; if they don't bend a little I don't even try them on.

One of my three pairs of wedges is much stiffer than the others and I do have more difficulty with them. But I feel very secure with the other two pairs.

I also have foot problems , and have endured the shots in the bottom of both my feet, so I am pretty picky about what I will ware on my tootsies. I have a couple pair of wedge heels , not read high and also a couple pairs of kitten heels also. Both I find comfortable, but also take along a pair of nice flats on a cruise , so if my feet are bothering me I have those to switch to. Some I like are Mootsies Tootsies . It is a must that I try on and walk a bit to see if the heels will work for me. Good luck finding some nice heels , cause if your feet hurt its no fun.

Cori

I have foot problems too; I've had plantar fasicitis more than once (thankfully in remission for years), and bunions. I also have very tender feet and am always getting blisters, plus, pain in the balls of my feet.

Most wedge heels work much better for me than regular heels, possibly because they support my rather high arch better. Mine are usually no higher than 3".

Since everyone's feet are so different, IMO you just have to try on lots of shoes to find ones that are comfy and fit your feet. I cannot wear most flats, for instance, just no support for my arches or padding for the ball of the foot.

The trick is finding comfortable shoes that are still cute! Most of my wedges seem to have rope or cork on the heels, which is fine except for dressy wear. I have better luck with the 'comfort' brands like Naturalizer, Aerosoles, etc, and for some reason the store brand of Herbergers fit me well.

I also usually have to add various shoe inserts for extra padding in the ball of the foot, arch, heel. Those help a lot. Thin straps don't work for me as the bunions 'hang out' and they usually give me blisters or sores.

Good luck! Comfortable and nice looking shoes are out there; it just takes a lot of trying on.

I just have to support all the wedge ladies :) so much more comfy to me, second platforms, and then the traditional - although a Mary Jane style is more comfortable to me than a pump - it really boils down to where they place the heel, you can have a super high heel with the right placement, but you can really only feel it if you walk around- if the shoe isn't comfortable in the first few minutes, it's not going to get much better.

:) yes i would also go for a wedge shoe also or a small kitten heel you will have fun going shopping to try on and find out which shoe is better for you , and with all new shoes sandles etc a small tip for all you ladies on the rim of the shoes heel front all the way round i would rub a little hand cream around rim this softens the leather and do this every day and quite regular hopefully the rubbing and blisters wont happen i do this all the time :)

• 2 weeks later...

I have foot and heel problems, so I can't wear heels either. I found Annie sandals w/ low chunky heels that I can wear. This is not the one I bought, but the heel is basically the same:

http://www.shoebuy.com/annie-lila/398546/851608

I added a cushiony stick-on insole to make it more comfortable. Something like this, but I got mine at Walmart:

http://www.cvs.com/shop/product-detail/CVS-Fashion-Insoles-for-Women-Sizes-6-10?skuId=789274

Foot pain is so peculiar. I've been wearing low-wedge Onyx shoes (comfort slides) for a few years and all of a sudden they seem to aggrivate a neuroma in my right foot. These have been my go-to comfort cruise shoes for evenings. On my last 2 cruises I couldn't wear them. I wore either flats or high platform shoes with no problems though.

I know the above sandals are much more casual.....just wanted

to post some cute wedges;)

I have some black sandals that don't have "high heels"...maybe 2 inches

that I wear when I get dressed up.

ohhhhhhh........I just saw these..........

a327538.001?$usmedium$

I would like this style of wedge without the slingback;) I prefer an

open back but these are pretty (to me anyway).

As a former really high heel wearer who can no longer tolerate it, I speak from fashion and comfort, wedges are great. They come in terrific styles and heights. My daughter has a pair of really high ones which almost leave her foot in their natural position for ultimate comfort; of course there is nothing to be done if you have a fear of heights. ;) (Although they do come from the lowest of lows to the highest of highs, pick the height that's right for you. Gee...I sound like a commercial)

Archived