A Different Luggage Tag Question

Aquahound

Has anyone upgraded or changed rooms after docs were issued? I'm curious because I'm wondering if I'll be able to print new tags for my new room. I upgraded last week, but my online docs still show my old room number. I know I can get tags from the porter, but I'd prefer to just do it myself.

[quote name='Aquahound']Has anyone upgraded or changed rooms after docs were issued? I'm curious because I'm wondering if I'll be able to print new tags for my new room. I updraded last week, but my online docs still show my old room number. I know I can get tags from the porter, but I'd prefer to just do it myself.[/quote]
I did on my last cruise. New docs were issued and I was able to order luggage tags or I could have printed them myself which I have done before.

[quote name='K1200S']I did on my last cruise. New docs were issued and I was able to order luggage tags or I could have printed them myself which I have done before.[/quote]

Thanks Pete. I'll keep my eyes open for new docs.

[quote name='Aquahound']Has anyone upgraded or changed rooms after docs were issued? I'm curious because I'm wondering if I'll be able to print new tags for my new room. I upgraded last week, but my online docs still show my old room number. I know I can get tags from the porter, but I'd prefer to just do it myself.[/quote]
My understanding is that new docs are not automatically issued when a stateroom changes. At least, this was the case with us, and this is what we were told. A request must be made to have the docs re-issued. If you booked through a TA, then the TA must make the request.

[quote name='Aquahound']Thanks Pete. I'll keep my eyes open for new docs.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]You will need to request new edocs. I've been upgraded at the last minute and just had the porter make out tags at the dock. Yesterday RCI called and changed my cabin (no upgrade, just over a couple cabins). I requested the new edocs. They said it would take a day. So far they haven't been reissued. I leave in the morning so I'm hoping they will be issued today.[/FONT]

[quote name='clarea']My understanding is that new docs are not automatically issued when a stateroom changes. At least, this was the case with us, and this is what we were told. A request must be made to have the docs re-issued. If you booked through a TA, then the TA must make the request.[/quote]

This is my understanding as well.

On a side note... the website said that my docs were issued but there was some issue as they were never available to download and print. Something got 'stuck' somewhere. So I had to call yesterday and have my docs re-issued and today I can finally print my luggage tugs. :)

[quote name='clarea']My understanding is that new docs are not automatically issued when a stateroom changes. At least, this was the case with us, and this is what we were told. A request must be made to have the docs re-issued. If you booked through a TA, then the TA must make the request.[/quote]

[quote name='ARCruisinNana'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You will need to request new edocs. I've been upgraded at the last minute and just had the porter make out tags at the dock. Yesterday RCI called and changed my cabin (no upgrade, just over a couple cabins). I requested the new edocs. They said it would take a day. So far they haven't been reissued. I leave in the morning so I'm hoping they will be issued today.[/FONT][/quote]

Ah ha. Gotcha. I'll give RCI a call and request the new docs. Like I said, I know I still have the porter option, but I just like to have everything done already. Besides, I need to use the holders I bought. ;) Thanks for your help. :)

[quote name='Aquahound']. :)[/quote]

Aquahound - I am just curious. Do you still work for the United States Coast Guard? I think an article here at CC awhile back mention this when they wrote about the effort it took you to return a lost camera you found.

AND, if yes can we expect to see you on The Weather Channel's Coast Guard Florida?

[quote name='Aquahound']Ah ha. Gotcha. I'll give RCI a call and request the new docs. Like I said, I know I still have the porter option, but I just like to have everything done already. Besides, I need to use the holders I bought. ;) Thanks for your help. :)[/quote]
Paul,
We once changed our cabin while onroute to the ship. A new large balcony E1 cabin on Radiance we liked to have only became available that morning. We had our luggage tags with our old cabin number on it so I simply blacked out our old cabin number, applied a white label overtop and wrote our new cabin number on that label with a permanent marker like a Sharpie. I even changed the location image using the same method and both of our bags got to our cabin with no problems.

[quote name='lady_cruiser']Aquahound - I am just curious. Do you still work for the United States Coast Guard? I think an article here at CC awhile back mention this when they wrote about the effort it took you to return a lost camera you found.

AND, if yes can we expect to see you on The Weather Channel's Coast Guard Florida?[/quote]

Hi Rosie. Yes, I do still work for the USCG. But no, you will not see me on CG Florida. We make them turn the cameras off when they come around us. ;)

[quote name='Aquahound']Hi Rosie. Yes, I do still work for the USCG. But no, you will not see me on CG Florida. We make them turn the cameras off when they come around us. ;)[/quote]
I am glad to hear that you are still protecting our shores - Thank you. And I understand why the cameras need to be turned off but it would have been nice to see if we spotted you.

[quote name='clarea']My understanding is that new docs are not automatically issued when a stateroom changes. At least, this was the case with us, and this is what we were told. A request must be made to have the docs re-issued. .[/quote]

I changed cabins on my two upcoming cruises. I changed my Feb. 1 cruise cabin over a week ago. I changed my Feb. 14 cruise this morning. I forget to ask her to reissue the docs.

I called back about an hour ago, had an India gentlemen (not sure if I was speaking to someone in Delhi). I told him I had two bookings I'd like him to reissue the docs because I changed cabins and wanted to print my luggage tags. He asked me for both booking numbers and it seemed while we were on the phone he was doing everything. When he came back to the phone he said they were reissued and I should be able to print them in 20 minutes. I just checked. My Feb 1 tag was still the old cabin number but my Feb. 14 had been updated. But I can confirm you obviuosly do need to call and ask them to reissue. I'm hoping my Feb. 1 will be there by tomorrow or Friday.

[quote name='nbsjcruiser']Could someone please tell me who to call to have them re issued. Mine are saying issued but when I go and click on the button to get them they say they are not ready yet.[/quote]
Royal Customer Service: [FONT=Verdana]800-398-9819[/FONT]

[quote name='Aquahound']Has anyone upgraded or changed rooms after docs were issued? I'm curious because I'm wondering if I'll be able to print new tags for my new room. I upgraded last week, but my online docs still show my old room number. I know I can get tags from the porter, but I'd prefer to just do it myself.[/quote]

Paul when I upgraded about 1 month before our October Oasis cruise I did not get new docs. DH Rick reworked the luggage tags and made them work.
I did not ask for new docs either though. Have a good cruise :)

Oasis in 2 1/2 weeks for us:D

[quote name='ARCruisinNana'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]You will need to request new edocs. I've been upgraded at the last minute and just had the porter make out tags at the dock. Yesterday RCI called and changed my cabin (no upgrade, just over a couple cabins). I requested the new edocs. They said it would take a day. So far they haven't been reissued. I leave in the morning so I'm hoping they will be issued today.[/FONT][/quote]
Have a good cruise!

[quote name='clarea']Royal Customer Service: [FONT=Verdana]800-398-9819[/FONT][/quote]

Thanks for the #, Bob. I called them yesterday afternoon and by this morning, the new docs were issued. Thank you, all, for the assistance. :)

[quote name='Aquahound']Thanks for the #, Bob. I called them yesterday afternoon and by this morning, the new docs were issued. Thank you, all, for the assistance. :)[/quote]
Glad it worked out.:)

Archived