Sunday, January 20 - Inauguration Day Sailaway

innlady1

Big sailaway day in Port Everglades so hope you can join us to watch the parade at www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com and at www.portevergladeswebcam.com.

Cunard's Queen Elizabeth is in port...I don't ever recall seeing her sail from there...just NYC! And, sadly, the Silhouette returned today minus one passenger...Baltimore's Earl Weaver who passed away on the cruise.

4:00 PM Ruby

4:30 PM Silhouette

5:00 PM NA

5:00 PM Westerdam

5:00 PM Allure

5:00 PM Freedom

6:00 PM Queen Elizabeth

Big sailaway day in Port Everglades so hope you can join us to watch the parade at www.ftlauderdalewebcam.com and at www.portevergladeswebcam.com.

Cunard's Queen Elizabeth is in port...I don't ever recall seeing her sail from there...just NYC! And, sadly, the Silhouette returned today minus one passenger...Baltimore's Earl Weaver who passed away on the cruise.

4:00 PM Ruby

4:30 PM Silhouette

5:00 PM NA

5:00 PM Westerdam

5:00 PM Allure

5:00 PM Freedom

6:00 PM Queen Elizabeth

Sorry to hear this.

Thanks for the reminder! Would love to see the "Queen" depart and of course, the MS Westerdam! She never disappoints! And all at a good time... Braves vs Patriots. Sure to be a great game!

:) Baltimore RAVENS vs New England Patriots. :D

....I trust in GOD that I will be here:)

Joanie

P.S. For those who have no idea what Sheila referenced, the passing of a Great Baseball Legend and Hall Of Famer aboard Carnival Silhouette, during the early hours yesterday: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-league-stew/hall-famer-manager-earl-weaver-dies-82-170333706--mlb.html

Even I, a non Baltimore Oriole fan loved his style:) Gotta love some one like Earl Weaverwho ranked up there with Tommy Lasorda on number of times being ejected from a Baseball Game for getting in the "face" of umpires:)

God Bless you and your family Mr. Weaver!!

Hey Y'all remember that Wayward Trawler from Friday?? The one that caused what we kind of "intermission" excitement??

HE'S BACK!!!

Just took this snap shot of him near the Ruby Princess.

Wayward-Trawler-is-back.jpg.dacab8a18cd98978db75658feadefbb2.jpg

Also heard Port Everglades Harbor Master give him a status report that a port (not Port Everglades, QUOTE: "still did not have room for his product" UNQUOTE........

Let's see what kind of excitement he gives us today:D:D

Joanie

Happy the beautiful ships will sail in time to enjoy before NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS play for AFC Title Today............ :) Go Patriots !!!! :)

Shame on you. Go Ravens!

I'll be here for the sailaway today. By the way, it's a big week for Cunard Queens in Ft. Lauderdale. Queen Victoria arrives tomorrow. Both are essentially Signature ships in different colors. Cunard is very circumspect in reporting port times so I'm glad the Port Everglades site is spilling the beans.

I'll be on QE March 30 (and I still don't know what time she sails from NY).

Earl "Bucky" Weaver was a long-time fixture in Baltimore. I actually first watched him as manager of the farm team Rochester Redwings before he moved up to Baltimore, and had game plan (about 20 game) tickets for the time he was in Baltimore. His style was sometimes perhaps a bit too confrontational and I'm sure the strained relations with the umpires lost him a few calls but somehow he still managed a great winning record and was always interesting to watch. That's of course a bit story here right now.

Roy

Does anyone else have very tiny print on the HAL site?

When that happens to me, I realize that inadvertently, I've changed the settings....so hit Ctrl and the + sign at the same time...for however many sizes it needs to be increased.

When that happens to me, I realize that inadvertently, I've changed the settings....so hit Ctrl and the + sign at the same time...for however many sizes it needs to be increased.

That's a good tip, Sheila.

Thanks.

That's a great idea, Sheila. I went to view this time and kept hitting zoom in until it got back to the right size.

Hey Y'all remember that Wayward Trawler from Friday?? The one that caused what we kind of "intermission" excitement??

HE'S BACK!!!

Also heard Port Everglades Harbor Master give him a status report that a port (not Port Everglades, QUOTE: "still did not have room for his product" UNQUOTE........

Let's see what kind of excitement he gives us today:D:D

Joanie

Oh no....the Sea Gem is back???? waaaaa....:D

Archived