Ever had a bad Meet & Mingle location?

Daghis

In (early) preparation for our upcoming cruise on Independence of the Seas, I thought I'd check the confirmed Meet & Mingle party list to see where the Meet & Mingle parties aboard this ship are typically held. It looks as though they are generally scheduled to be in the main dining room on deck 5.

For my previous cruises, the Meet & Mingle parties were in some sort of lounge, such as Olive or Twist (Viking Crown) or Dazzles. This is the first time I've seen one scheduled for the dining room.

Have others had experience with unexpected Meet & Mingle locations and how did it work out for you?

Yes, on Explorer, in The Crypt. Not enough space, very hard to mingle.

We ended up not meeting anyone.

Same here on the Explorer. It was dark and most people just sat at a table and didn't mingle much.

The next year we had it in Maharahjas Lounge. It was a great turnout and great bunch of people. I really think it is more about how willing people are to walk around and introduce themselves, rather than the location.

Eric

In (early) preparation for our upcoming cruise on Independence of the Seas, I thought I'd check the confirmed Meet & Mingle party list to see where the Meet & Mingle parties aboard this ship are typically held. It looks as though they are generally scheduled to be in the main dining room on deck 5.

For my previous cruises, the Meet & Mingle parties were in some sort of lounge, such as Olive or Twist (Viking Crown) or Dazzles. This is the first time I've seen one scheduled for the dining room.

Have others had experience with unexpected Meet & Mingle locations and how did it work out for you?

sailed the T/A on Indy in November and sadly they moved our scheduled M & M from MDR deck 5 to the nightclub due to high numbers. It was rubbish! To dark, no where to sit, and M & M scheduled for a total of 30 mins, then a load of other people came in as they had scheduled skittles in the same venue.

Really awful and was the worst M & M we have ever been to :(

hope they dont do that to you ....

It was dark and most people just sat at a table and didn't mingle much.

I know that's my problem. Although I don't have much problem participating in the roll call threads, when it comes to face-to-face interactions, I get a little shy.

I know that's my problem. Although I don't have much problem participating in the roll call threads, when it comes to face-to-face interactions, I get a little shy.

Have a couple of drinks first!

sailed the T/A on Indy in November and sadly they moved our scheduled M & M from MDR deck 5 to the nightclub due to high numbers. It was rubbish! To dark, no where to sit, and M & M scheduled for a total of 30 mins, then a load of other people came in as they had scheduled skittles in the same venue.

Really awful and was the worst M & M we have ever been to :(

hope they dont do that to you ....

Totally agree - it was aweful.

We have had Meet and Mingles in the past also held in the nightclub - Crypt - Dungeon - different names on different ships and it has always been poor - too dark, no room to mingle, as other posters have said.

Never had one in a dining room, but at least it would be bright and light and with plenty of places to sit. Think the best location is the Viking Lounge.

sailed the T/A on Indy in November and sadly they moved our scheduled M & M from MDR deck 5 to the nightclub due to high numbers.

Do you remember how many members you had signed up for your Meet & Mingle? We're up to 69 members signed up for ours.

Do you remember how many members you had signed up for your Meet & Mingle? We're up to 69 members signed up for ours.

We have 51 signed up for a NOS M&M on February 9th. We will be in the disco on deck 3. I have no idea if this is a good location or not, guess we'll find out on board. :confused: How does this work, free soft drinks and a bar, snacks?

If there are complimentary beverages, they are likely to be water, tea, coffee, lemonade... that sort of thing. The bar may be open to purchase drinks as well. In addition, there may be snacks like cookies or pastries.

On the Allure the M&M was in the comedy club. Not conducive at all for mingling. They had one of the cruise director staffers talk to us for a bit with some interesting facts, then did prizes, then pretty much everyone left. A lounge would be much better for chatting with folks. Nice they did provide tea/coffee, cheese plate and fruit. Too bad I had just stuffed myself at breakfast in the MDR! :rolleyes:

We had an M&M in the dining room on the Independence. It was nice. We were by the windows and had several tables full. Easy to circulate and talk.

The worst location was in the Dungeon. Too dark to see anyone much less mingle. On the other hand at this event they had a drawing and I won an RCCL flash drive!

Same here on the Explorer. It was dark and most people just sat at a table and didn't mingle much.

The next year we had it in Maharahjas Lounge. It was a great turnout and great bunch of people. I really think it is more about how willing people are to walk around and introduce themselves, rather than the location.

Eric

100% agree with your statement.

Where is the Crypt on the Explorer?

Editing to say post #2 mentions Explorer and many agreed. I must have missed something because did 3 cruises recently and don't remember a Crypt.

Where is the Crypt on the Explorer?

Editing to say post #2 mentions Explorer and many agreed. I must have missed something because did 3 cruises recently and don't remember a Crypt.

Could be the poster meant "The Chamber" on Explorer. It's the night club and is called "The Crypt" on one of the other ships.

Archived