Battle of the Horns: Celebrity Constellation Vs Carnival Liberty

mathgeek1978

How fun is that! What a hoot. Thanks for sharing it with us. When we were on the Equinox, a Carnival ship left port just before us and there was every bit as much of a racket as on your video. :p

Yes, it's fun! I have always wanted to capture a horn battle on video but you have to be at the right place, at the right time, and have you camera with you at the same time, cuz it happens so suddenly and unexpectedly. I got lucky this time!

Thanks Mathgeek

I maybe wrong but I think that was my daughter calling out the moves "forward & back". The horns were too noisey to be certainicon7.gif

She's Valentina and works for Esperanza.

I forgot her name, but I think the person calling the moves was a tall blonde, with fair skin, and medium length (past shoulder) blonde hair.

:p:cool:

Thanks very much for the video! When we were in Grand Cayman last month a Disney ship was passing by and we heard the horn "When you wish upon a star" maybe twice. WOW! I would never know they had so many "songs". Wish I could have experienced that in person. Thanks again for the great video!

Thanks very much for the video! When we were in Grand Cayman last month a Disney ship was passing by and we heard the horn "When you wish upon a star" maybe twice. WOW! I would never know they had so many "songs". Wish I could have experienced that in person. Thanks again for the great video!

No problem! Magic & Wonder when they were built just had Wish Upon a Star. Dream & Fantasy since they are newer got the fancy horn set. They are a fun line to sail. Get lots of attention in port. :-)

I forgot her name, but I think the person calling the moves was a tall blonde, with fair skin, and medium length (past shoulder) blonde hair.

She is blonde and fair but not ever so tall (just average I suppose).

I'll ask her when she rings us once back in Miami again

I love it when ships have battles of the horns, our best one was coming out of St Maarten, two RCIs and Disney were in as well as us, it was quite busy in town, did not bother us, we were not really planning to do anything, but the sailaway horn battle made the extra ships in port a real positive boost!

I would love to hear why...:D:p

Disney's ships have a repertoire of famous Disney tunes they can play on the ship's horn, such as "When you wish upon a star", "A Pirates life for me", etc. It's an absolute hoot to hear them and the captain usually gives a "concert" at least once per voyage. We were dining on Dawn Princess once when a Disney ship was sailing out and they started up "when you wish upon a star". My kids thought it was great. My wife and I said "no way ever". Then came the Grandkids! :D

Archived