Independence "inside" inside cabin

We are booked on the Independence for the 8 night Eastern Caribbean. Was going to be three of us, myself, my DW, and DD (15). Since then we added as a 4th my daughters BFF (also 15) - I know I know, that's a lot for an inside cabin :rolleyes:

Since we live in South Florida, it is a very affordable vacation for us, especially using 3rd and 4th person rates on an inside cabin. We figured we'd just shower (me being the only male i would make my own reservations for the bathroom!) and sleep, so rather spend the money in ports, drinks, activities, etc.

But my question, we booked one of those "inside" inside cabins (8461 I think). Is there any advantage or disadvantage between this cabin and a "regular" inside cabin, like the ones opposite the ocean view staterooms?

We are booked on the Independence for the 8 night Eastern Caribbean. Was going to be three of us, myself, my DW, and DD (15). Since then we added as a 4th my daughters BFF (also 15) - I know I know, that's a lot for an inside cabin :rolleyes:

Since we live in South Florida, it is a very affordable vacation for us, especially using 3rd and 4th person rates on an inside cabin. We figured we'd just shower (me being the only male i would make my own reservations for the bathroom!) and sleep, so rather spend the money in ports, drinks, activities, etc.

But my question, we booked one of those "inside" inside cabins (8461 I think). Is there any advantage or disadvantage between this cabin and a "regular" inside cabin, like the ones opposite the ocean view staterooms?

No. You just have to remember where the entrance to your corridor is. :)

The bathrooms inside the gym have nice steam rooms and showers, plenty of mirrors and changing rooms. Send the girls there to get ready!

Maybe I should go there and leave the 3 women in the itsy bitsy bathroom and stateroom :D

I already thought of - umm - early in the morning using a 'gasp' public bathroom :eek: , at least in case of emergencies when I am locked out of the bathroom cause the girls beat me to it. Sorry in advance to those on my same cruise :o

My husband often uses the showers at the gym when we are on a cruise. The one in your stateroom is very small while the ones in the gym are very spacious and nice. On our last cruise, we had a grand suite with a very nice bathroom and he still used the gym shower one day because he had gone up there to work out and it seemed to be a convenient thing to do.

When are you going? I would keep watching for price drops and if it drops low enough let them have their own room and get a price adjustment for yours.

Otherwise, the shower in the spa sounds like a great idea.

I'm checking daily to see if we can get a second cabin, but we got what I believe is a good deal (sailing date 3/30 - booked just a week ago). We are at about $105/person/day with all taxes/port fees included.

3rd and 4th were $399 (+$310 taxes/port fees). You get what you pay for so I wont complain, but always looking to improve.

Keep your eye on other categories as well - last year on Liberty it actually worked out to be about $10 cheaper to go up to a JS for 3 than it was to stay in our balcony as the JS had a much cheaper 3/4th person rate than the balconies did.

$399 for an 8 nighter is a pretty good 3/4 rate so it might be unlikely to drop down much lower but you never know!

Since no one has said it yet - blah blah blah permission letter from the BFF's parents etc etc ;)

Keep your eye on other categories as well - last year on Liberty it actually worked out to be about $10 cheaper to go up to a JS for 3 than it was to stay in our balcony as the JS had a much cheaper 3/4th person rate than the balconies did.

$399 for an 8 nighter is a pretty good 3/4 rate so it might be unlikely to drop down much lower but you never know!

Since no one has said it yet - blah blah blah permission letter from the BFF's parents etc etc ;)

Well, after giving it some more thought I bit the bullet and booked an extra cabin. Total damage a little over 1K. But for that 1K I get Superior Oceanview Cabin, and an interior right across the hall for the 2 girls.

Needless to say, they are all thrilled. I am too, at least until I get my Credit Card bill!! , but all for the family and what we hope is a great upcoming vacation.

Thanks for everyone's input

I think that you've made the right decision!

We did an inside room on HAL last summer to Alaska.

DH, myself and 2 teenage dd's. Our plan was that DH would get up in the morning and leave the cabin to enjoy his morning coffee while the 3 of us got ready.

The day before departure, DH pulled out (due to work). So it was just the 3 of us. THANK goodness! It would have been a tad cramped with the 4 of us in there. (we're all slim people ... can't imagine how cramped it would be if we were on the larger side).

For our upcoming Caribbean cruise we (I) opted to book 2 rooms ...

Try getting your girls a cabin with a window too you won't regret it. Just by looking at the cabin without a window makes me feel claustrophobic and just imagine how you would feel during the rough seas if they do hit.

I need to at least have a porthole but without a window hmmmm would not know when its day or night unless I keep the tv tuned to the Bridge Channel.

Your girls will be demanding to get a window too and may give the stateroom attendant a hard time ROTFL.

See if there is a price drop and get the girls a stateroom with a porthole you will thank me later.

Archived