Will you cancel your Carnival cruise?

mfs2k

Nope, no plan to cancel. My thought is that Carnival may be the safest for the foreseeable future. I remember when there was an airline crash, that airline went "over board" (sorry about the words) to make sure their planes were safe. i would think Carnival would do the same thing to try and get better publicity. Just my 1 cent worth (can't say 2 cents - not worth that much)

No, we aren't canceling our upcoming cruise on the Splendor - never considered it for a minute - and we aren't superstitious about the ship. :)

But, if I experienced what the Triumph passengers or the past Splendor passenger have experienced, it just might be my last cruise, after 16 wonderful ones. Not because I would fear it happening to me again, as I know the odds are greatly against that, but because boarding a ship after such an awful experience would bring back memories that I would prefer not to have when starting a vacation.

Nope! We are still excited to sail the Pride in April. I may think differently if I was aboard the Triumph, but from what I've read/seen, everyone is safe and Carnival is trying very hard to compensate the passengers.

Having taken 20+ Carnival cruises, I am cancelling 5 cruises that I have booked....not because of this tragedy...things happen and this can happen on any cruiseline.

I am unhappy with the multitude of cutbacks, unfavorable changes especially since September, and their poor loyalty program.

I am not alone on these thoughts. Many other Carnival loyalists feel the same way.

I figure if enough people scared by the Carnival Triumph problems cancel their booked cruises, and enough people are deterred from booking a new cruise on Carnival... then..... the prices will drop for the rest of us.

Are you going to cancel?

Will you not cancel cruise plans this year because of everything you heard?

I'm a big fan of supply and demand.

Here's to cheaper cruise prices!

Nope!! Not us.... Canceling a cruise because of this would be really dumb...that would be like canceling a flight because of a plane crashed a year ago, yea right!!!! Can't wait for boarding time!!!!!!

Nope leaving Sunday on the Legend! You have to make the best of every situation. The media is sensationalizing it and I'm sure the conditions are terrible but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and builds character, even if I was on this ship I would cruise again, cruising is my favorite way to vacation. Prayers to everyone onboard, you are almost there.

Not canceling my May cruise in fact made my final payment yesterday and looking at my cruise next May. We only get to cruise once a year now till my husband retires in 3 years. We usually sail out of New Orleans but are doing Jacksonville this year and looking a Orlando or Ft Launderdale next year to see differet ports.

5/2013 Carnival Fascination

5/2012 Carnival Conquest

1/2011 Carnival Truimph

2/2010 Carnival Truimph

1/2009 Carnival Freedom

4/2008 Carnival Fantasy

countdown.pl?image=Beach-10&name=David - Deborah&date=5-11-2013&text=30th Anniversary Cruise&ship=Carnival Fascination

will you stop driving cus of a 10 car pile up??? will you stop flying becasue a plane crashed??? then why stop cruising because a ship had a malfunction???

I don't stop driving because of a 10-car pileup, but I take my car into the shop ASAP when I receive a safety recall. I don't stop flying because of a plane crash, but if a plane crashed due to a mechanical problem and other planes of the same model had the same potential problem, I wouldn't fly on one of those planes until the issue was fixed. I won't stop cruising because of this incident, but I will think twice about booking with CCL.

I would be hesitant - not because of the accident itself, but because of the allegations that the ship had previous mechanical problems and CCL neglected to repair them. I'm not an expert on CCL and I haven't followed this story as closely as most people around here have followed it, so I don't know the truth of those rumors. I'm sure the truth and the rumors will be sorted out soon, but for now, the rumor that I've heard is that CCL knew that the ship had problems, and that concerns me.

If I was booked on another CCL ship, I would probably still go - but I'd be thoroughly researching beforehand and re-reading everything about the ship that I could find to make sure there weren't any mechanical issues with this ship. If I was booked on the Triumph - even if it was months away - my decision would depend on the extent of the repairs completed. Ultimately, I would not risk my family's safety if I was uncomfortable with any cruise line's commitment to safety.

As a new cruiser (one prior cruise) researching a second cruise, I will probably go with another cruise line. I understand that this could happen on any cruise line - but it happened on a CCL ship, and all other things being equal, if I'm debating between CCL and another line for my next cruise, this incident happened on CCL. It looks like they've handled it as well as they could, but having no loyalty to ANY cruise line, I'll pick another.

I don't mean any offense to anyone who likes CCL, and I hope that your fares do go down as a result of people like me going elsewhere.

Not going to cancel my once in a lifetime Northern Baltic cruise because of the Triumph's problems. It could happen on any cruise line. Planes go down and I don't stop flying, cars crash and I don't stop driving. How about being woken up at 3:00 am because of a fire in a hotel - which turned out to be a prank. I don't stop staying in hotels. Use a little common sense.

After rading these posts, I'm super hyped to to board the Magic in April! I was a little leary and almost shamed to tell friends and family that we're crusing with Carnival again but I don't give a DAMN about their thoughts, hell most of them have never cruised and make comments about my cruising behind. Well I can't wait to leave their behinds on their couches while my behind is on a lounge chair on the LiDooooo Deck! :cool:

Oh did I say NO I'm not canceling. :D

I figure if enough people scared by the Carnival Triumph problems cancel their booked cruises, and enough people are deterred from booking a new cruise on Carnival... then..... the prices will drop for the rest of us.

Are you going to cancel?

Will you not cancel cruise plans this year because of everything you heard?

I'm a big fan of supply and demand.

Here's to cheaper cruise prices!

No. would not mind cheaper cruise prices!

Nope leaving Sunday on the Legend! You have to make the best of every situation. The media is sensationalizing it and I'm sure the conditions are terrible but what doesn't kill you makes you stronger and builds character, even if I was on this ship I would cruise again, cruising is my favorite way to vacation. Prayers to everyone onboard, you are almost there.

My niece(20), her boyfriend and about 20 of his extended family members will be on that sailing.

I'm booked to board with my husband and kiddos in around three weeks, and we are definitely not cancelling! I did tell my husband that I'm thinking of throwing a bulk box of granola and a tub of antiseptic wipes into the suitcase, just in case, but we will definitely be on that ship in March!

Archived