Will you cancel your Carnival cruise?

mfs2k

I figure if enough people scared by the Carnival Triumph problems cancel their booked cruises, and enough people are deterred from booking a new cruise on Carnival... then..... the prices will drop for the rest of us.

Are you going to cancel?

Will you not cancel cruise plans this year because of everything you heard?

I'm a big fan of supply and demand.

Here's to cheaper cruise prices!

I plan to go on my Splendor cruise in July :D

This make it where I dont want to sail on a older carnival ship that hasnt had any kind of mechanical overhaul. After all they do have the oldest fleet in the united states of the major 3. If they brought a newer ship to neworleans i wouldnt have an issue with it.

Oh hell no! :D I've been waiting nine looooong months for this cruise!

I will say that I'm sick and tired of friends/family using the Triumph situation as a means to pick on our choice of cruise lines. :mad: Do I poke fun at them when they fly a certain airline after one breaks down/crashes? No! Do I judge their Mexico vacations after a huge drug bust that lead to dozens being slaughtered? No!

Jealous bastards! ;)

So then I take it your "much needed family vacation" is with your "other" family members. Got ya ;)

Just read a detailed report on Carnival they have the worst safety record in the industry. With more ship fires, people missing overboard and Noro virus out breaks in proportion to their size and ships then any other cruise line.

I will do our next cruise and that will be it for me.

Their penny pinching ways are putting passengers lives in harms way.

They are the biggest in the industry and should be setting the bench mark higher not lower.

Nope, still looking forward to my cruise this June. I don't understand why people get so afraid of things they hear on the news. Cruise ship breaks down and people get worried about their cruise, shooting in Montana and people elsewhere get worried it may happen to them, kidnapping in Florida so no letting the kids go out and play in Oregon. I don't understand this culture of fear and the ridiculous mentality.

Sh*t happens but I'm not altering my life because of it. The risk of my or anyone's cruise did not change because of this incident, if anything at all it will be another contingency plan all the cruise lines will discuss and put into place.

Nope...not canceling! I think Carnival is doing everything they possibly can to help the passengers. CNN and the other media is trying to make worse! I'm sure the conditions are horrible. But seriously....do you think Carnival is doing it on purpose? I am very confident in Carnival and can't wait until I am on the Breeze in June!

3 cruises with Carnival and always have been treated right. Wouldn't think of switching over THIS. Other things like food and service and elimination of the SOLO supplement is having me look elsewhere, but this isn't their fault.

As I had previously posted a few days ago, people cruise on Carnival because it is cheap. CNN weather person Chad Meyers talking about his upcoming Carnival cruise from Miami next week: "of course I'm going - $368 for 6 days per person!" about an hour ago.

This is exactly what many Carnival passengers say that I've spoken to - nothing about the cruise experience, just that they can do it for the price of a dinner out.

You get what you pay for.

NO WAY! I am just as excited if not more excited to go on my cruise then I was last week before all this has happend. I know the media over hypes everything. I have no doubt that at times it was a challenge on the Triumph. Its all how you handle the situation. People are always quick to blame anyone and everything. This could have happend on any ship. I think Carnival did the best they could with the card they were delt with. There is no doubt the staff on board did everything they could to make sure things were right. Sometimes its never good enough for people no matter what you do to make it right.

Of course not. Am leaving on 3/4 and can't wait. Ship happens all the time. We were on either the RCCL Sovereign or the Monarch can't remember which ship and there was a fire. We were in the MDR and heard Bravo, Bravo, Bravo over the P.A. and all the uniformed staff got up and left really fast. Wait staff remained calm and continued doing their jobs so kept the rest of us calm though I don't think many knew what the P.A. announcement meant. Heard later that night there was a small fire. Can't remember exactly what but something about a lighter got left in the trash.

I figure if enough people scared by the Carnival Triumph problems cancel their booked cruises, and enough people are deterred from booking a new cruise on Carnival... then..... the prices will drop for the rest of us.

Are you going to cancel?

Will you not cancel cruise plans this year because of everything you heard?

I'm a big fan of supply and demand.

Here's to cheaper cruise prices!

will definitely not be canceling because of this incident!

Cancel, NO WAY. We leave in 9 days and are very excited. Stuff happens no matter the mode of travel. It's a gamble. Every vacation has some kind of glitch.

Have to look at the bright side of this situation. No one was seriously injured, the ship didn't sink, safety was first.

I think Carnival has handled the situation well given the circumstanes.

Will not be canceling, just praying they dont cancal our cruise on the triumph on april 27th,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We're not canceling either...No Way!! Hope our May 11th on Triumph doesn't get canceled!

However, if it does, I will be heartbroken but will totally understand...will just have to book another one once she's all better!

Love Carnival, this is so unfortunate....but will continue to cruise with them...

Magic in Sept too! ;)

Archived